• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

It may look mad but it destabilises the market and makes it difficult for other teams to meet the demands stupid players and their greedy agents make, the rich just price everyone else out of the game.

I like him, i read his book and it was very good ( unlike a lot of players rambles).
I haven't read the book but I know someone who is an acquaintance of his and he said he is not at all like his media persona. How does he come across in the book?

I haven't read the book but I know someone who is an acquaintance of his and he said he is not at all like his media persona. How does he come across in the book?

I have met him on a couple of courses and he is a funny guy and not the person you see on the box, having said that though he is the type that does not take brick and has no problem with letting those who speak it know. My kind of guy really. :)

I have met him on a couple of courses and he is a funny guy and not the person you see on the box, having said that though he is the type that does not take brick and has no problem with letting those who speak it know. My kind of guy really. :)

I thought you were a big fan of Instagram? :p

CAVANI SET TO SNUB UNITED

PSG striker Edinson Cavani will reportedly snub an offer to sign forManchester United this summer, according to reports in the Mirror.

The Uruguay international, 32, is contracted to the Ligue 1 champions until the summer of 2020.

Cavani contributed 23 goals and nine assists in 33 games in all competitions for the Parisians last season.

A sign of things to come?

Who? DeLigt? Rashford?

DeLigt = possibly? If he were to live up to his potential he will be a mainstay and potential captain for a good 10 years at whatever club he joins. If... He is still young, and needs a guiding hand to really develop and mature IMO, but he certainly looks the part.

Rashford = No. He is a decent player, no more, and not worth the contract he wants (or they will offer). Honestly not sure I see the big deal with him. Very quick, decent finish - though too instinctive for my liking, and thats about it. If Utd rebuild and grow and get back to the top Rashford is a "good for the team now, good enough for the squad later" type player. Not someone to build anything around.

Ha! Obviously went right over my head then...

He has enough profile he could very easily be a marquee type buy for them, demand huge wages, and pull a Sanchez once he gets there.

I think its interesting that he is the ideal profile player to take Utd to the cleaners on a swansong contract - but it seems doesnt want to go there.

At 32 he has limited time to win stuff and presumably has plenty of money to live the rest of his life in luxury. I don't understand why a top professional football would be happy being a Sanchez or Ozil.

A few revelations leaped out. Wulzinger showed me the paperwork for the transfer of Paul Pogba, the midfielder for the World Cup-winning French national team, who moved from Juventus to Manchester United for a hundred and five million euros in the summer of 2016. The contracts promised forty-nine million euros to Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, who represented all three sides in the deal.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...39ed5b&cndid=4753753&esrc=&utm_term=TNY_Daily

Louis van Gaal claims Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward has "zero understanding of football" and the club is suffering as a result.

The 67-year-old former United manager, who also had spells in charge of Ajax, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Netherlands, blames Woodward for most of club's struggles since he was sacked in 2016.

"At Bayern, the people in charge are football men. I always appreciated that," Van Gaal told German magazine 11 Freunde.

"At Manchester United, on the other hand, Ed Woodward was installed as CEO - somebody with zero understanding of football who was previously an investment banker.

"It cannot be a good thing when a club is run solely from a commercially-driven perspective."

Despite winning the FA Cup in his last game in charge, Van Gaal was sackedas United missed out on Champions League qualification following a fifth-placed finish in the Premier League.

He was replaced by Jose Mourinho, who was also sacked in December 2018, but Van Gaal understands why the club appointed the former Chelsea boss.

"I don't hold it against the club. They wanted Mourinho and he was on the market," the Dutchman added. "Appointing him was obviously interesting from a business point of view.

"He wins games and for a club like United, the main thing is to win trophies. How they are won isn't the main priority, the English fans see it differently.

"They accept that the game is not all about attacking but it is also about defending. I always tried to defend high up the pitch, to be in the opposition's half and play the game there."

He had couple of things to say about us in an interview with the Guardian: Louis van Gaal: ‘I thought Manchester United could buy every player’

How was your relationship with José Mourinho?

I can imagine that Mourinho wants the chair of the manager of Manchester United because it’s, in my opinion, the highest chair in England. Before I signed for Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur was here in my living room – Mr Levy. I could sign also for Tottenham Hotspur and I have said to my wife that Tottenham had the better selection [squad] than Manchester United. But I chose United for the challenge and because I have always managed the number one club in a country!
I saw as Manchester United manager that the quality of the players of City, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal was better. So what can I do? We were attacking. We were not defending and we were looking for tactical solutions adapted to the level of our players. For example we were provoking space and that was new in England. I think six months ago [Jürgen] Klopp has also seen the light because in former days he was always pressing.

So status of club and money counted more than quality players.

Back