• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

There were two Dembele's at Celtic at one point. The striker, Moussa Dembele and a wonderkid called Karamoko Dembele. He's 16 now but at 13 he lined out for the Celtic under 20 team. I saw him in a tournament when he was 13 and he is something special. I wonder how he has progressed since then.
This kid made is full debut today. 16 years old.

If we get Gomes, Sessingnon and Bale (I know - wishful thinking but they are the hot rumours) and we hang on to Eriksen i think that would be a great window.

If we get Gomes, Sessingnon and Bale (I know - wishful thinking but they are the hot rumours) and we hang on to Eriksen i think that would be a great window.

Which one is playing RB?

Sessegnon and Bale actually both played the same position last season (RWF).

I would be more than happy to bring in Ziyech and sell Lamela and that would apply even if Lamela was a player who was fit for more than half of every season.

Did you not watch our two CL games against Ajax? If not those then what about Ajax's games against Real Madrid or Juventus?

I did, and he didnt blow me away. Looked tidy enough, a few good moments, but I wasnt watching him thinking he was a must buy or star in the making or any of it.

As I said up front - Ive seen very little of him - but if we announced his signing today I wouldnt be especially excited. I would have course be hoping for a very pleasant surprise once he gets going though...

You guys are something else... after trying to get rid of him because he was too bad, now you want him sold because he was too good. Talk about gyrations....

While we are at it why don;t we also sell Lucas? The buy has blown more cold than hot. And with a CL hat-trick his stock has never been higher...

Don't worry... Sissoko is not going anywhere. It's just the usual suspects who have been made ridiculous in their bear baiting of the player over the first part of the season and cannot stomach his turnaround or that he was the best player over the length of the season.

You see the funny thing here is that is it clear you arent even reading posts, rather just taking shots at the poster.

But you will still have a pop to say how unreasonable etc I am...

Poor argument for selling Sissoko - just because he will be turning 30 it’s time to sell? An athlete such as him who clearly looks after himself will be in peak condition for a few years yet. So what if his value is at its peak? Big clubs don’t think oh he’s at his most valuable now - let’s sell him. He was arguably our player of the season and to think off the back of that Poch is going to sign a load of CMs and get rid of him is ridiculous. I guess after a season of ‘he’s only playing him to put him in the shop window’ followed up by a season of ‘he’s only playing because no one else is fit’ we will have to look forward to another season of excuses for him being here when he’s putting on the shirt next season:D If we are still sticking to this signing and selling of players based on resale value then we really aren’t going to get to where we want to be (please don’t throw getting to a CL final as evidence we are there, it’s a cup run. The league is more indicative of where we are and we are a mile off)....

Its not because he is 30.

Its because he is 30 (and yes, might have a few seasons in him - but might well decline from here), has had the best season of his life so far (seriously, is anomalous to his career - chances are he will never play as well again), is worth more now than ever (and so a big offer could be welcomed) and - for me most importantly - is most likely to be the one to drop out next season when all is said and done.

I think it could be in his best interests to move, a good last big contract, a team where he fits etc

And it could be in ours, as I believe he will end up a bit part squad player - at which point a big payday is probably preferable.

Leicester City centre-back Harry Maguire, 26, is Guardiola's number one target to replace the out-going Vincent Kompany at the heart of the Emirates Marketing Project defence. (Mail)

We were linked last week, would be quite happy if Alderweireld does go we go Maguire to replace him.

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has given a clear indication Wales forward Gareth Bale's time at the club may be over - saying he would still not have brought the 29-year-old off the bench during Sunday's defeat by Real Betis, even if he had been allowed to make a fourth substitution. (Eurosport)

Bale has told his team-mates he intends to see out the remainder of his contract at Real Madrid and will be happy to stay and 'play golf' if not selected to play. (Radioestadio, via Mail)

Manchester United will only formalise their interest in Lyon's Tanguy Ndombele, 22, when the future of fellow French midfielder Paul Pogba, 26, is clarified. (Manchester Evening News)

When asked about Bale leaving the Bernabeu after the defeat to Betis, Zidane said: "I don't know if it's the last game or not. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm sorry he didn't get to play, but no-one knows what will happen. If I think a player doesn't fit in the team I have to do what I think works best.

"No one can change what Bale has done for the team, but as a coach I have to live in the present. I have counted on other players more in recent weeks. I make these decisions when it is right to do so, and I must act in the best interests of the team at all times."

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing 17-year-old Châteauroux striker Haissem Hassan. (L'Équipe) The little-known Ligue 2 forward, who has a €2million price-tag, is wanted by both English and Spanish sides

L’Equipe: Tottenham have made approach for Tanguy Ndombele amidst PSG interest
Spurs appear to be swinging for the fences. That’s good.

According to the L’Equipe print edition (via Get French Football News), Tottenham are back in for Ndombele this summer, with the French daily reporting that Spurs have made a provisional contract offer to the 22 year old that is “more financially significant than anything they have offered anyone for quite some time.”

Llorente set for Spurs exit
Fernando Llorente will leave Tottenham after the Champions League final.

Spurs have opted against renewing the Spanish striker’s contract, reports the Mail.

AC Milan, AS Roma, Valencia and Marseille are all said to be keen.

.... basically just recaps all the gossip and finishes with@

How would the team and bench look?

So how would that rebuilt team look? Well the truth is that Spurs have a strong first XI already and any changes to the line-up when everyone is fit could well be small. However, it would be in the quality that Pochettino has to rotate and call upon every week that is what needs to be upped.

Of course there will be plenty of transfer targets that will suddenly emerge such is the way of the transfer market and in particular Spurs work in order to steal a march on their big-spending rivals.

Despite all of that here's our stab at the starting XI and the bench for the first game of next season (suspending reality for a moment and ignoring Son's suspension) and it would require some big spending on the club's part as well as leaving out their most improved player this season.

(4-2-3-1) Lloris; Wan-Bissaka, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose; Ndombele, Winks; Son, Alli, Eriksen; Kane.
Subs: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Dunk, Sissoko, Grealish, Sessegnon, Lucas.

Back