• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Kompany has just announced he’s leaving

He really has been fantastic for them and for the Premier League too.

Loss of leadership at City will only help the rest of the league check City’s progress next season. (He say’s, hopefully).

You could look at it another way of course. That Guardiola is an outstanding manager. Doubt any other manager would have completed the treble or won 198 points in two seasons even with oil money. There have been plenty of great managers who have spent a lot of money.
Any manager with that spend who fails to get at least a treble in every season is a failure.

Jonathan Wilson: Emirates Marketing Project’s sky blue smashing of Watford proves football is broken

Goals! Goals! Goals! Trophies everywhere. Emirates Marketing Project were brilliant on Saturday, relentless and remorseless and thoroughly deserving of equalling the record-ever margin of victory in a FA Cup final. The domestic treble is unprecedented and so too is the quality of their football: 169 goals in 61 games in all competitions, 11 times they’ve scored five or more in a game this season. And yet, and yet ...

It’s not just that this feels so unlike City, not just that it feels a few episodes have been skipped in a satisfying character arc from likeable buffoons to ruthless killing machine, it’s that this felt so unlike a Cup final. In terms of competitiveness, you may as well have placed a yellow and black blancmange in the middle of pitch and smashed it with a sky blue oar.

This is City’s problem. They’re too good – and that has brought to the surface concerns about their ownership and financing that perhaps should have been more prominent earlier. There’s no doubt that Pep Guardiola makes players better, and there’s no doubt that City have spent their money incredibly efficiently. But equally the scale and source of those resources is something unprecedented – even if the latest Uefa investigation doesn’t prove wrong-doing. Saturday’s final wasn’t a game; it was a strangely gruesome exhibition.

Continues: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken

Exactly how I felt watching that match. Actually, I turned it off when the 3rd goal went in.

That we beat them in the CL gives me an unending source of pleasure. I hope UEFA hammer them.

I did not last that long, i watched the first half and turned it off. I have a couple of mates who have been City supporters ( when they were poor) going back to the 60's and even they are getting fed up with it.

Interesting how Kompany leaving has completely overshadowed the tiny bit of media exposure they were getting for their magnificent treble (or quadruple, the 2019 charity shield is apparently a major trophy). I bet quite a few journalists are more than happy to shift the focus to a terrific player rather than the dodgy, cheating club he played for.

https://www.supersport.com/football..._City_boosted_finances_through_creative_plays

A few snippets:

Emirates Marketing Project's arrangements for boosting income from sponsors and offloading some costs formed part of a programme termed 'Project Longbow' by executives, according to club presentations and emails between managers. It is unclear from the emails reviewed by Reuters whether Sheikh Mansour was aware of the arrangements. Nor do the documents show Emirates Marketing Project had an intention to deceive Uefa or its investigators about the state of the club's finances. And nor do documents reviewed by Reuters show Uefa or its control body accusing the club of deception.

In early 2010, Emirates Marketing Project director Simon Pearce emailed Aabar's then chief executive, Mohamed Badawy Al-Husseiny, saying: "The annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million. The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness." That appears to refer to Sheikh Mansour.

Other emails describe funds being "routed" through sponsors. An email sent to Pearce in December 2012 by Emirates Marketing Project's head of finance, Andrew Widdowson, said: "In summary we need the following: £27m to be funded via Etihad, £15m to be funded via Etisalat, £42m in Total. Can I ask that the relevant amounts be routed through the partners."

Another strand of Project Longbow focused on a quirk in how top players are paid, known as "image rights." Leading clubs in Britain and some other European countries often declare that around 15 percent of what they pay players is for the right to use their images for marketing.

Emirates Marketing Project decided to sell those rights to a new company it created, receiving 24.5 million pounds and shifting costs of around 10 million pounds a year off its books. The manoeuvre would have the double benefit of boosting the club's income and reducing its expenses.

Hmmm, I'm doubtful whether Emirates Marketing Project are going to be kicked out of the CL, this hasn't happened to a "big" club, Malaga were banned but they obviously didnt have money and influence, I can see a massive fine/transfer window ban etc but if Emirates Marketing Project are taken out, that harm's UEFA's bottom line with a big club not in their prestigious tournament so they'll be fine.

The reporting is a bit vague. Did he sign before or after the oil-money take-over?

He has been there for the city teams since Hughes and, as others have said, seems a decent person. He provided a stamp of quality to the project. As a fan, worshipping Kompany must be more palatable than Terry.

Also, it’s not just City, the fa Cup is effectively irrelevant now, the prize money is a joke and it doesn’t get you into the CL.

It's thinking like that that makes it a joke, the FA Cup means a lot to most football fans, maybe not the entitled I follow a "big club" tosser, but real fans who go a watch despite knowing their team will never win anything, it's for many a chance to see top players even though many teams leave their stars out. I'm sure there are thousands of ex-pros who would love to have a winners medal and couldn't give a fudge about the prize money. Money is killing this game and the more fans that think it's all about the money should think of the name of this web site and our song.

Obviously the cash reduces the achievement but let’s not forget you need a bit of luck to win a cup, let alone two.

9092A69A-A403-4B0D-A7AA-1F7497281411.jpeg

I know football is cyclic, my hope is even with all the talent at their disposal they will not be able to replace Kompany, Aguero and Silva and continue to try and play take the tinkle football except in European away games. Pep has to win the league or CL every season to make par, I honestly think he will leave the next time neither of these things happen. More hope for this then any regulation taking care of their financial irregularities anyway.

Exactly how I felt watching that match. Actually, I turned it off when the 3rd goal went in.

That we beat them in the CL gives me an unending source of pleasure. I hope UEFA hammer them.

Didnt even watch it. Didnt see any point, figured it would be no celebration, not really a cup final, just a procession.

Sounds like I was right. Saw 6-0, felt a bit sorry/embarrassed for Watford, then forgot about it completely.

Hmmm, I'm doubtful whether Emirates Marketing Project are going to be kicked out of the CL, this hasn't happened to a "big" club, Malaga were banned but they obviously didnt have money and influence, I can see a massive fine/transfer window ban etc but if Emirates Marketing Project are taken out, that harm's UEFA's bottom line with a big club not in their prestigious tournament so they'll be fine.

They arent a "big" club. They are a rich club, which is a totally different thing.

I get the feeling that in CL circles they are the rowdy new kids, spoiled brats, and not "prestigious" or "classy" like the old guard.

So perhaps they will serve as a good target for being made an example of

Back