• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I’d say there’s equally as much hype for RLC with not a great deal to show for it so far, he’s good, tidy, but not sure what sort of player he is at the moment.

Foden, although playing in a far superior team, has shown some nice flashes in the limited appearances so far.
Agree

A lot of the Chelsea “kids” are over rated odd the back of youth success earned playing a specific system and way

It doesn’t surprise me that mole have stepped up yet

Apart from the fact that I simply do not see Levy selling to City, I think you will find that Phil Foden is being groomed as the replacement for Silva

We will see in the summer, didn't stop him signing Mahrez when I thought Foden could be used instead of him. Foden at the moment looks promising but is very hyped up.

We will see in the summer, didn't stop him signing Mahrez when I thought Foden could be used instead of him. Foden at the moment looks promising but is very hyped up.

I note Mahrez has become a bit part player so ig that is what Eriksen wants he is welcome. I question whether Eriksen would even make their staring 11

Havent seen much of Foden, looks good but I do wonder why he see's so little game time.

RLC I really like, though admitedly mostly in that "I think a year or two with Poch and he could be incredible" kind of way.

As it stand he is decent enough and has potential, its not like he is the finished article.

Thoguh every time I do see him he makes things happen, a skill in and of itself IMO.

Havent seen much of Foden, looks good but I do wonder why he see's so little game time.

RLC I really like, though admitedly mostly in that "I think a year or two with Poch and he could be incredible" kind of way.

As it stand he is decent enough and has potential, its not like he is the finished article.

Thoguh every time I do see him he makes things happen, a skill in and of itself IMO.

Because they have an all star squad and it's hard to get in it, they usually have Sane, Jesus and Mahrez on the bench ahead of him.

Doesnt really show if he is good or not, does it? Only that he hardly plays.

The stakes are too high at City, they're expected to win everything partly because of the money they've spent, partly because of the press and probably pressure from the owners too. Generally this leads to less chance for youth players to be brought into the team as the risk of failure is too high.

And yet Im sure the team could carry him through half their league games which, lets be honest, they win at a canter.

And if not he could come on once they are 3-0 up, but rarely does that either.

No, he is perma benched, and hyped, but rarely shown off.

Im not saying he isnt any good, rather that I just dont know. He looked decent enough against us, "decent" and not "spectacular" as the commentary would have you believe, but thats about it.

Looks like he got a grand total of 3 starts in the league. And 10 sub appearances. His 13 appearances average 25 minutes each, though if you remove the 3 starts(56' 85' 90') its actually 10(1' 5' 6' 21' 1' 18' 15' 2' 21' 8').

I'm kind of at the point where I'm okay with him going. If he wants to go, then fair play to him. He's given years of service to the club and has never been one to make noises off the pitch like some other players, he's been professional. There are however good midfielders out there that we are being linked to and his sale would facilitate in bringing them to the club.

If he stays, it can only be with a new contract, because losing him on a free next summer would be a kick in the teeth.

I'm kind of at the point where I'm okay with him going. If he wants to go, then fair play to him. He's given years of service to the club and has never been one to make noises off the pitch like some other players, he's been professional. There are however good midfielders out there that we are being linked to and his sale would facilitate in bringing them to the club.

If he stays, it can only be with a new contract, because losing him on a free next summer would be a kick in the teeth.

My thoughts as well, he has been immense for us and is good enough to play for ANY team. Obviously i hope he stays though.

He has been an exemplary player, so he has earned a move if that's what he wants. But I really don't see why a player of his stature would want to move away from one of the most exciting clubs in Europe presently. We are Ajax, but with money. And it's not like he's a bit part player lurking in the shadows, no, he's bang right in the middle of it. He can make a legacy here, or be one of the bunch in the bunch at Real Madrid. And Real is a mess at the moment, ridden with internal power struggles within an aging squad and fan pressure that makes our fans look like obediant drones. And while Gary Ball has trophies in his cabinet, will he look back at his time there with joy, or as a brick workplace with great benefits? It's not like neither would have struggled financially wherever they may or might have ended up. If a car with 1000HP is fun, a car with 2000HP is twice as fun? (ok I might actually be on board with this one)

No, Åge's got it right, you can trust Åge to get it right. We need Christian, and Christian needs us.

fudge this guy, I give brick to Hazard for wasting his talent but the Dane has turned it into an art form.

Where the fudge was he tonight?

Back