• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

This would be an incredible signing if we can pull it off.

For more reasons off the pitch. It would suggest that we can finally pull players with the bigger boys. Further to that it shows levy is committed to poch and heading in the direction we all want.

If we are interested then it would certainly show a mark of intent.

Last edited:
For more reasons off the pitch. It would suggest that we can finally pull players with the bigger boys. Further to that it shows levy is committed to poch and heading in the direction we all want.

If we are interested then it would certainly show a mark of content.

I agree with what you're saying, but I have to say that at this point Levy must be committed to Poch. He has kissed a lot of frogs along the way, but he made an inspired choice in selecting Poch. Fingers crossed he gives Poch what he wants in terms of players this summer and that they get it sorted out sooner rather than last minute. (The last bit is the triumph of hope over experience)

I agree with what you're saying, but I have to say that at this point Levy must be committed to Poch. He has kissed a lot of frogs along the way, but he made an inspired choice in selecting Poch. Fingers crossed he gives Poch what he wants in terms of players this summer and that they get it sorted out sooner rather than last minute. (The last bit is the triumph of hope over experience)

I suspect that we will see some early transfers but will still be looking to pull off a last day signing. I suspect Levy gets a high with the brinkmanship :)

Reminds me far more of Moussa Dembele than Sissoko.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-OMG.gif

It's YouTube, so salty salty....

But he seems to always be aware of where teammates are, that's essential football intelligence.

Looks like he doesn't always have control of the ball, but always comes away with it

Reminds me far more of Moussa Dembele than Sissoko.

Nope - still think he's Sissoko with better dribbling. His running is nothing like Dembele who was never neither a powerful nor fast runner; which is why he invariably ended shepherding himself so many times into blind alleys - something that seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet of history.

Plus, does this remind you of anyone...

Looks like he doesn't always have control of the ball, but always comes away with it

Nope - still think he's Sissoko with better dribbling. His running is nothing like Dembele who was never neither a powerful nor fast runner; which is why he invariably ended shepherding himself so many times into blind alleys - something that seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet of history.

Plus, does this remind you of anyone...

Never in my life have I heard someone describe Dembele as someone who went into blind alleys or as not being powerful. Everyone he played with or against has said that he he is the best dribbler they've seen and ridiculously strong

Looks a little raw in that vid though he appears to be very good at keeping the ball and driving forward with it. And only 22.

Never in my life have I heard someone describe Dembele as someone who went into blind alleys or as not being powerful. Everyone he played with or against has said that he he is the best dribbler they've seen and ridiculously strong

Of course he was.... but he was not a powerful runner (nothing to do with his physical strength, which was immense). He was an extraordinary dribbler; however his lack of speed and his own fixation with dribbling, merely for the sake of it (he attributed it to playing as a youth in games where scoring was prohibited) often resulted in the opposition catching up with him after the first two dribbles and shepherding him into a blind alley where he either lost the ball or had to pass it back. Remember, this was a player who in our last four seasons produced just TWO assists and created NO big chances - in comparison, this season alone, playing from a similar position, Sissoko produced 3 assists and created 4 big chances (premierleague.com).

Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing his contribution in our successful last 4 seasons because he was critical for building attacks by taking the ball off Lloris and holding onto possession - none better than against Juve in Turin. However tales of his exploits should not be tainted by historical revisionism.

But he wasn't it the team to assist or create. He was a in there to nullify the press.and provide a platform to play out from as you've said in your post. He was played as a press resistant midfielder who's job was not to lose the ball and was the best in the business at his role. Losing the ball was simply something he didn't do. Comparing him to Sissoko is futile, they play completely different roles.

Last edited:
Back