• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

We should keep Sissoko, why sell someone in great form who offers us something that no one else in the squad does (direct running with pace and power from midfield) when we probably need to sell 4/5 and bring in a similar amount. Seems like unwarranted turnover to me.

Don't worry... Sissoko is not going anywhere. It's just the usual suspects who have been made ridiculous in their bear baiting of the player over the first part of the season and cannot stomach his turnaround or that he was the best player over the length of the season.

Poor argument for selling Sissoko - just because he will be turning 30 it’s time to sell? An athlete such as him who clearly looks after himself will be in peak condition for a few years yet. So what if his value is at its peak? Big clubs don’t think oh he’s at his most valuable now - let’s sell him. He was arguably our player of the season and to think off the back of that Poch is going to sign a load of CMs and get rid of him is ridiculous. I guess after a season of ‘he’s only playing him to put him in the shop window’ followed up by a season of ‘he’s only playing because no one else is fit’ we will have to look forward to another season of excuses for him being here when he’s putting on the shirt next season:D If we are still sticking to this signing and selling of players based on resale value then we really aren’t going to get to where we want to be (please don’t throw getting to a CL final as evidence we are there, it’s a cup run. The league is more indicative of where we are and we are a mile off)....

Thankfully, you are not in charge!

It would result in a squad of:

Lloris, Gazzaniga
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth
Wan-Bissaka, Walker-Peters, Rose, Sessegnon
Ndombele, Dier, Winks, Gomes
Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas, Martial, Lamela
Kane

What would you prefer then?

We should keep Sissoko, why sell someone in great form who offers us something that no one else in the squad does (direct running with pace and power from midfield) when we probably need to sell 4/5 and bring in a similar amount. Seems like unwarranted turnover to me.

1. We’ve lost control of games when he’s gone off.
2. It would cost double what we’d get for him to replace him.
3. He’s fit 95% of the time, got weighed down by sheer game time eventually.
4. He’s a happy squad member when not in the 11.

Ridiculous to think of selling.

Sell: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Onomah, Edwards, Nkoudou, Llorente, Janssen

Buy: Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Gomes, Martial

Don't agree with selling Davies, but that would represent a pretty decent window! No chance of it happening though

It would result in a squad of:

Lloris, Gazzaniga
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth
Wan-Bissaka, Walker-Peters, Rose, Sessegnon
Ndombele, Dier, Winks, Gomes
Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lucas, Martial, Lamela
Kane

What would you prefer then?

If we want to be successful, then it has to look instead like this:-

Sissoko, Sissoko
Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko
Wan-Sissoko, Sissoko-Peters, Sissoko, Sissoko
Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko
Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko, Sissoko
Llorente.

Just looking at the Ziyech story. I don’t think there’s any comparison in the deals/prices you’d need to secure him in comparison to Zaha/Martial. If Poch liked what he saw, I’d expect us to be all over it.

Just looking at the Ziyech story. I don’t think there’s any comparison in the deals/prices you’d need to secure him in comparison to Zaha/Martial. If Poch liked what he saw, I’d expect us to be all over it.

As would many other clubs. If Ziyech is really only £25m then that’s an absolute steal.

United linked with pretty much every player in the world
I genuinely think they will struggle to attract the best players as its toxic and they are so brick, all the can do is offer silly money

It will get even harder if Sanchez and Pogba go as expected this summer. Solskjaer seems to be indictating in his recent interviews about removal of the big ego's from the club and rebuilding a team that'll fight for each other on the pitch, it's what they need but it could take 5 years and in the meantime their recruitment will struggle to get those players to choose them over their so called rivals.

It will get even harder if Sanchez and Pogba go as expected this summer. Solskjaer seems to be indictating in his recent interviews about removal of the big ego's from the club and rebuilding a team that'll fight for each other on the pitch, it's what they need but it could take 5 years and in the meantime their recruitment will struggle to get those players to choose them over their so called rivals.

5 year, or more, and in the mean time think of all those poor man u fans, who signed up because they were winning stuff every year when Fergie was in charge.

@Greg ....please come in.

Good potential, hope we keep him but no problem if he goes given his family circumstances. He's a combative midfielder, brilliant tackler.

He only got back into our side around Christmas due to injuries having been pretty poor for some time - basically it looked like he hadn't made the step up in the Premier League after a successful season in the Championship, but he did very well second half of the season. A purpose patch or showing his true potential - I am not sure.

He's useful as can also fill in at full back or centre back.

He's a bit like Eric Dier in a way.

Good potential, hope we keep him but no problem if he goes given his family circumstances. He's a combative midfielder, brilliant tackler.

He only got back into our side around Christmas due to injuries having been pretty poor for some time - basically it looked like he hadn't made the step up in the Premier League after a successful season in the Championship, but he did very well second half of the season. A purpose patch or showing his true potential - I am not sure.

He's useful as can also fill in at full back or centre back.

He's a bit like Eric Dier in a way.
What about the Longstaff kid??

Back