• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

football is not the most important thing in life

My first kid was born on Monday evening after a few scary moments so yes, some time things happen in life which does alter your focus slightly

Well done mate, enjoy the nappies, i managed to get through without doing one of them, yeah im a cool customer.

Once you have a family your priorities change and you realise what really is important. I still get stressy and can be in a foul mood for a bit but no where near like I use to be when I was younger. What happened Saturday has strengthened my feelings on what is important.
I also think that older/long term supporters are more relaxed and realistic. We've seen all the ups and downs and don't expect too much.

This 110%

Agreed...

Football is not the most important thing in life but for me, Tottenham Hotspur is the most important thing in football ..

Ever since I fell in love with the game and then the club , when we've lost or haven't done well, I just can't help it , I hurt....

Agreed...

Football is not the most important thing in life but for me, Tottenham Hotspur is the most important thing in football ..

Ever since I fell in love with the game and then the club , when we've lost or haven't done well, I just can't help it , I hurt....

Thumbs up.jpgThumbs up.jpgThumbs up.jpg

Bump... :)

I’m devastated because I think my boyfriend loves Tottenham Hotspur more than me and our unborn baby

I LOVE my boyfriend and am carrying his child. But I worry we’ll always be second best to his football team – Spurs.

We’re both 24 and have been together for nearly four years. He is a huge Tottenham fan and has supported the club all his life, like his dad and grandad.

He has been a season ticket holder since he was nine, goes to every league game home and away and buys the new kits each season.

This season has been a big one for Spurs, partly because they’ve moved into a new stadium. The drivel I’ve had to listen to over the past year or so is driving me mad. Then, last week, they got to the Champions League final after beating Ajax in Amsterdam.

He couldn’t get a ticket so had his three best mates over to watch it on TV. As you can imagine, it got a little bit crazy when Spurs scored that last-minute winner. The four of them nearly took the telly off the wall and my boyfriend was actually crying when the final whistle went. He said it was the happiest moment of his life.

I hate football but even I could appreciate the magnitude of what Spurs had just achieved. What got me, though, is he didn’t seem even half as emotional when I told him I was pregnant. He said he was happy but didn’t shed a tear like he did when Spurs’ Lucas Moura scored that winning goal against Ajax.

He’s now insistent we name the baby Lucas if it’s a boy. I told him I’d have to think about that one. Unsurprisingly, he’s off to Madrid for the Champions League final against Liverpool on June 1, even though our anniversary is June 2.

When he said he’d make it up to me, through gritted teeth I told him it was OK. He says it will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I can’t really begrudge it — even though the flights alone are £800.

To give him credit, he’s taken on extra shifts at work to make more money for the baby and is really putting the effort in on that front.

I could just be worrying about nothing, but sometimes I want to feel like I’m more important to him than bloody football. He assures me he loves me and he’ll always be there for me but I have visions of him not being at the birth because Spurs are playing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/dear-deidre/9091078/boyfriend-loves-tottenham-hotspur/

They are different types of emotions. I am sure those extra shifts were only to make money for the baby, and had nothing to do with paying for the flight to Madrid and the ticket.

That’s like marrying a committed Christian and moaning they go to church every Sunday, pray a lot and want to give their kid a biblical name!

Personally I don’t think an anniversary is a big deal, not sure i would have missed the birth of my son or forego my parental responsibilities for Spurs though. Funnily enough he’s 6 next week and all he wants for birthday is a Spurs jacket from the club shop and Lloris’ gloves!

Our anniversary is June 1st, but my better half - bless her - had no problems letting me off the hook this year.

Had to promise to make it up next year of course, but I can live with that.
I'd say that kind of understanding warrants something special the day before the actual anniversary. Flowers? Watching the second leg games against Dortmund, City and Ajax again? New Spurs kit in a box from some fancy underwear shop? Some hours inn YouTube watching old Spurs highlight videos? Make a real treat out of it...

I hate football but even I could appreciate the magnitude of what Spurs had just achieved. What got me, though, is he didn’t seem even half as emotional when I told him I was pregnant. He said he was happy but didn’t shed a tear like he did when Spurs’ Lucas Moura scored that winning goal against Ajax.

She does not understand, women get preggers all the time but how many times do we get to the CL. :D

She does not understand, women get preggers all the time but how many times do we get to the CL. :D

Exactly. Preggers? 9 months of complaints and having to do everything around the house. What a fudging thing to celebrate! Women are weird.

What 'others' don't realise...is there has been one constant in my life that has transcended everything.

Mock it and you can do one. Accept it and we have a chance.

This is why we get our kids involved. They are the one thing that REALLY tests my THFC relationship...so we drag them in...and all is well:D

Had to check what triggered this thread. 1-1 away at Stoke, VdV penalty scored at 92 minutes. This followed three losses in a row starting with scum away and we were giving away third place.

How about booking a lovely weekend away in Istanbul (just in case) ;)

That's an idea... :D I had to check now if the final was on the 1st again. Thankfully not, although it now looks like I have to plan for an anniversary celebration the weekend after rather than before the actual day. :p

Back