• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not much clearer but it seems both managers have been penalised
From football London

UEFA hold managers responsible for late kick-offs, whatever the circumstances. Even though the game was played at Tottenham's stadium on April 30, Ajax boss Erik ten Hag received a warning for the late kick-off as it was his first offence.
However, as this is Spurs' second offence after a group game kicked off late, Pochettino was handed a one-match ban, which has been suspended for a year.h

From football London

UEFA hold managers responsible for late kick-offs, whatever the circumstances. Even though the game was played at Tottenham's stadium on April 30, Ajax boss Erik ten Hag received a warning for the late kick-off as it was his first offence.
However, as this is Spurs' second offence after a group game kicked off late, Pochettino was handed a one-match ban, which has been suspended for a year.h
I can't remember any delay. Must be a matter of seconds!

From football London

Racism is fine in the stadiums but if a manager is late lets throw the book at him
UEFA clams

Both managers are held responsible. So an opposition manager could deliberately delay a game and that would trigger Poch's ban. Do that in the first leg and it might get him banned for the second leg.

Maybe we should thank him. Time wasting usually works, with the referee only adding part of the wasted time. He was so blatant in his time wasting that the referee added the proper amount.

The goalie also tackled his defender before Moura's second goal.

Liverpool and Tottenham can have 12 subs each in Champions League final

Jürgen Klopp will be spared the headache of having to leave squad members out of his Champions League final plans with the news that Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur can each name 12 players on the substitutes’ bench (Paul Joyce and Alyson Rudd write). The rule change also applies to the Europa League final between Chelsea and Arsenal and was introduced by Uefa for this season’s European Super Cup.

The increase in the number of substitutes from seven to 12 will ease selection issues that would otherwise have confronted the Liverpool manager. Daniel Sturridge was left out of Klopp’s 18-man squad for the semi-final, first leg with Barcelona due to the competition for places. Adam Lallana and Rhian Brewster should also now feature in a 23-man group for the final in Madrid on June 1.

Last season, Klopp left Danny Ings out of his squad for the final defeat by Real Madrid in Kiev, with Dominic Solanke preferred as substitute striker.

Not sure why they focus on Klopp. I doubt omitting Ings made much difference last year.

I think this is good for Poch. If Kane and Winks are still questionable he can include them on the bench while keeping all other options. Having a full collection of defenders could also be useful if we have yellow card or mismatch issues.

The article implies that this is just for the finals and supercup, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became a CL standard.

Not sure why they focus on Klopp. I doubt omitting Ings made much difference last year.

I think this is good for Poch. If Kane and Winks are still questionable he can include them on the bench while keeping all other options. Having a full collection of defenders could also be useful if we have yellow card or mismatch issues.

The article implies that this is just for the finals and supercup, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became a CL standard.

There are times over the last couple of months where this would have left us without a development squad

with VAR, becoming more and more like an NFL game, are we going to divide the game into quarters next?

Back