• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we could spend big. But I reckon everything will be linked to whatever happens on naming-rights. If this covers a massive chunk of the stadium spend I think there will be money available, but the question is if this will be spent on wages or transfer fees...

The club have been estimating £15m a season, while West Ham's went unsold at £3m. It's not going to be a game changer by any stretch.

To be honest i do not care or know, as lone as Poch is happy come August.

This is where I am as well. I really hope that given what Poch has achieved on a shoestring that Levy does back him. I don't think Poch is a guy who is going go blow every cent he is given (see Mark Hughes at City) on "super stars" as he is so concerned with squad harmony and a player's character.

Btw, I heard somewhere that Glenn Hoddle had said that Levy had 150 million to spend. Did I dream that? Or have others heard that as well? For the record, I can't imagine it happening. The last time we spent big we'd just sold Bale and bought Chriches, Soldado and fudging paulinho, so I can imagine Levy being gun shy.

This is where I am as well. I really hope that given what Poch has achieved on a shoestring that Levy does back him. I don't think Poch is a guy who is going go blow every cent he is given (see Mark Hughes at City) on "super stars" as he is so concerned with squad harmony and a player's character.

Btw, I heard somewhere that Glenn Hoddle had said that Levy had 150 million to spend. Did I dream that? Or have others heard that as well? For the record, I can't imagine it happening. The last time we spent big we'd just sold Bale and bought Chriches, Soldado and fudging paulinho, so I can imagine Levy being gun shy.

Not sure he mentioned the amount but he did say on the box that there was money there last summer and again this summer. From what i have heard it was Poch who backed off from buying players last summer nothing to do with Levy not backing him.

We have to go for Che Adams imo. Will be relatively cheap, 0 risk for his age and knows where the net is, great understudy for Kane who has pretty much had the loan move youngsters his age usually need in a lower league. He could be one of those players who a small prem team buy for £15m and then get sold to the big boys a year later for big bucks.

We also need a top quality ball playing midfielder to compete with Winks and 2 new full backs. Obviously if Toby and Eriksen go we need replacements for them aswell.

We have to go for Che Adams imo. Will be relatively cheap, 0 risk for his age and knows where the net is, great understudy for Kane who has pretty much had the loan move youngsters his age usually need in a lower league. He could be one of those players who a small prem team buy for £15m and then get sold to the big boys a year later for big bucks.

We also need a top quality ball playing midfielder to compete with Winks and 2 new full backs. Obviously if Toby and Eriksen go we need replacements for them aswell.

I remember Adams ripping us a new one in the cup a few years ago.

We made £139m pre-tax profit in the last recorded financial year - I don’t know how much of that gets taxed and how our profit this year will have been different, but it’s certainly an indication that we should have a lot of money to spend if we want to! (Now that the stadium is built and its outstanding costs are known, as others have said)

Ill feel more optimistic and bullish when little Dan gets his naming rights deal sorted.

With Kompany leaving City now, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them snap up Toby for the bargain price on offer.

About a third of us have lowish expectations sub £50m, and maybe pleasently suprised. The rest will at best be placated. Better to assume we'll have a modest net spend and be suprised imo.

Remember Poch's comments about needing to move to a new phase of the project. If he's staying and Daniel is backing him, £150m spend (not net spend) wouldn't surprise me.

Remember Poch's comments about needing to move to a new phase of the project. If he's staying and Daniel is backing him, £150m spend (not net spend) wouldn't surprise me.
Whilst selling Eriksen for £100m, Trippier for £25m and Alderweireld for £25m equals...

Back