• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I think Liverpool have the two best attacking full backs in the league this season. I think Son and Lucas wide could give them problems

My reasoning isn’t based on performance or tactics, Alli always plays when fit, if he’s available for the squad he’ll start imo.

As much as I like Dele can we honestly say he has done enough this season to he undroppable? If you look over the last 2 months of the season I would suggest Lucas has played better
Works tirelessly, is fairly disciplined, but gets stuck in. Runs from deep. Can bring sublime quality if given the right service.

Undroppable imo. And yes he's done enough. Moura got the three wonderful goals against Ajax, but hasn't had a better or more consistent season overall.

I think Moura has to play against Liverpool. I think we will play on the counter and he is ideal for that tactic. After that, Pochettino will have to judge players on a game by game basis.
I think he would be good for that reason, but I don't think it's obvious that he starts.
I would consider playing a middle 3 of Dele, Eriksen and Sissoko and a front 3 of Son, Kane and Moura. On recent form we definitely cannot start Wanyama and even Dier has been really inconsistent this season.
I would be happy with that. Brave, ambitious. Would be somewhat worried about the defensive side of things, but Moura and Son wide ready to break quickly would cause them some potential headaches on when to send their full backs forward and when not too.

My reasoning isn’t based on performance or tactics, Alli always plays when fit, if he’s available for the squad he’ll start imo.

I agree, he has been asked to play deeper a lot this season ( because of injurys) and its not what he is really good at. The last couple of games he has played further forward and looked a lot better.

16 goals in his first full season is something he should be proud off. I am backing him to establish himself as a key member of the squad next season

Also, as he he has not been picked for the Copa America after the final he will be able to have a long rest and come back fully recharged

The intensity in this game will be right up to the max - and that often means a tight game, despite the attacking strengths of both sides. So maybe a greater chance of extra time and penalties.

Therefore Poch will want to make use of all his top players at some stage, meaning it's more about how he uses his squad over the whole game rather than who starts and who doesn't.

Back