• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

If fit, both Kane and Winks will start. Tbh I would take my chances if the alternatives would be a slow Wanyama and an off form, slow and reckless Dier or we negate the offensive threats of Dele and Eriksen by playing them deep.

Dele can't play deeper, if that's the only choice then there's no point playing him.
I think Eriksen can though and that's what I would do.
I wouldn't want Wanyama or Dier anywhere near the starting eleven for this game, especially Wanyama.
Picking the subs is quite a predicament as well. There is going to be a few very disappointed players , if everybody is fit on June 1st.

Dele can't play deeper, if that's the only choice then there's no point playing him.
I think Eriksen can though and that's what I would do.
I wouldn't want Wanyama or Dier anywhere near the starting eleven for this game, especially Wanyama.
Picking the subs is quite a predicament as well. There is going to be a few very disappointed players , if everybody is fit on June 1st.

You can have 12 subs in the CL final, I think.

So no worries - everyone gets on the bench. :)

If Winks is truly fit and starts, then Alli will be nervously looking over his shoulder. No way can Poch leave out Moura or Son who both were more instrumental than most to get us to the final and have the pace to worry Liverpool and the stamina to cover the runs of their full backs. Eriksen is untouchable and Sissoko is completely undroppable - as @scaramanga will undoubtedly agree :D

Unfortunately , Dele risks being the odd man out in Madrid....

Recovery is going well enough that he is being called up to the England squad. Southgate would no doubt check in with him before naming the squad.

If Winks is truly fit and starts, then Alli will be nervously looking over his shoulder. No way can Poch leave out Moura or Son who both were more instrumental than most to get us to the final and have the pace to worry Liverpool and the stamina to cover the runs of their full backs. Eriksen is untouchable and Sissoko is completely undroppable - as @scaramanga will undoubtedly agree :D

I don't think being instrumental in getting to the final should be a consideration in the team selection for the final. I think that you have to pick your best 11 for the match.

Not a chance in hell.

I don't think being instrumental in getting to the final should be a consideration in the team selection for the final. I think that you have to pick your best 11 for the match.

In theory it shouldn't but can you see Poch leaving out "super, super, super hero" Lucas?

Not a chance in hell.

So who would you leave out? Based on the performances since March, he is the one who deserves the chop in terms of performance levels...

I agree with other posters that a fit Dele is in the starting eleven. On form, he brings that extra something to the table that can win you a game in an instant. And if there is any doubt, you just have to look back to Amsterdam where he was instrumental in the first and third goals. Would we be at the final if he hadn't played the pass to Moura in exactly the right place for the winner?

In the end, there is only one question for Poch -- what is the team that matches up best against Liverpool to win the final.

I can't see that happening at all.
If Kane and Winks start, either Moura or Son will be on the bench

Last edited:
Moura was the hero last time. The odds of a hattrick must have been monumental. There is almost no chance he will be the hero again.

UnfortunateDiligentGosling-size_restricted.gif

Back