• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A great day out, although I only just made it after nearly missing my connection in Philadelphia. Arrived in London at 8am wandered up to Stamford hill and dropped my bag round my Mums and got to the Lane at around 1pm. The new stadium is magnificent there is no other word for it, very American but given how much time Daniel Levy spend in the US I'm not surprised. What a phenomenal job he has done. It felt strange to be there though, maybe it was the lack of atmosphere in the West Stand or what I don't know but I am a sentimental guy and whilst I love the new Stadium, I miss the old WHL. The result was fine although I would have liked to have finished above the Neo Nazis of West London. I was knackered by 5pm so wandered back to a rather fantastic fish and chips shop in Stoke Newington high street. Cod chips, bread and butter. Fuller's ESB. Job done. I love this club , I love my hometown. Do I stay and go to Madrid?or leave as scheduled on 30 May and watch the final in the Florida sunshine? Fortunate to have a choice I am aware. COYS!

We got 4th because we are easily the 4th best team in the League.
We got 71 points in the league ffs.
We have only got more points that that 3 times since they changed to a 20 team league.
We got more points that the Leicester title race season ffs.
Some of you are miserable bastards

The idea that we have been brick for months is ridiculous.
We have had a bad 30 minutes here and there but thats about it.

My thoughts as well i fail to understand fans who make excuses for us finishing in the top four, we made it because we deserve to not because the other teams threw it away. This club has come so far over the last decade yet we still have SOME fans who can not be happy and just enjoy it.

A great day out, although I only just made it after nearly missing my connection in Philadelphia. Arrived in London at 8am wandered up to Stamford hill and dropped my bag round my Mums and got to the Lane at around 1pm. The new stadium is magnificent there is no other word for it, very American but given how much time Daniel Levy spend in the US I'm not surprised. What a phenomenal job he has done. It felt strange to be there though, maybe it was the lack of atmosphere in the West Stand or what I don't know but I am a sentimental guy and whilst I love the new Stadium, I miss the old WHL. The result was fine although I would have liked to have finished above the Neo Nazis of West London. I was knackered by 5pm so wandered back to a rather fantastic fish and chips shop in Stoke Newington high street. Cod chips, bread and butter. Fuller's ESB. Job done. I love this club , I love my hometown. Do I stay and go to Madrid?or leave as scheduled on 30 May and watch the final in the Florida sunshine? Fortunate to have a choice I am aware. COYS!

Nice one mate, if you can mate go to Madrid after all the Florida sun will still be there when you get back :cool:. Lets hope a CL final comes around a few times over the next few years ( but it may not) so make the most of it.

I never thought we would be there so i had made arrangements to have a working holiday starting next week, i have just cancelled it so i can be in Madrid. COYS

Had an excellent day altogether yesterday. The stadium is amazing, and I admit that it does really resemble white Hart Lane in many ways, and I got a good feeling from being there. We went into many pubs on our way to the stadium, met a lot of nice people along the way, and joined in on the singing behind the south stand after the game. That's a really cool thing, I think. Never experienced anything similar at a spurs game before. The Var (allez allez allez) song went on repeat. :D Met Ramon vega at some point and started shouting Yiddo to him, which he honestly seemed to love, just came over and gave me a hug, haha. :D More singing and beer at brickies after the game with a bunch of happy people, including an Everton fan. I somehow managed to get on a bus and find the hotel on my own (my mate had to get up early so went earlier than me), woke up at 3 in the night, all dressed stretched out on the bed. It's been a bit heavy getting home today. Sat now waiting for the last bus to take me home to my apartment. Nwhl - 10/10, I'm amazed. :)

Last edited:
Disappointed with the performance and result. We only needed a win against our traditional feeder club Everton to finish in 3rd but we failed to do so. Chelsea were always going to drop points to Leicester away but we failed to take advantage of that. After finishing in top 3 for the last 3 seasons and being in top 3 for most of this season, find it hard to accept that we ended up in 4th this season. Chelsea, along with Arsenal and ManU, were the laughing stock of PL this season but we somehow managed to finish below them. It could have been worse as Arsenal finished only 1 point behind us.

Credit to Dier and Eriksen for the goals but we didn't look like scoring apart from that. Whenever we score an early goal, we always go into sleeping mode for the rest of the match. This was the case again in this match. After scoring early, we got complacent and failed to lift our game. Fortunately, Eriksen managed to score from the freekick to help us get the draw. Amazingly, this is Eriksen's first league goal direct from freekick for over 3 years ! During these 3 years, Eriksen only scored 1 other freekick goal, which was against Juventus in the CL last season. On both occasions, Lamela wanted to take the freekick but Eriksen took it first. This shows Eriksen needs someone to push him all the time to be at his best ! After his hattrick against Ajax, thought Moura would score at least one goal but he was hardly in the game. Moura needs to be more consistent as he has never scored in 2 or more games in a row. Lamela's brilliant corner helped to set up our first goal but he looked rusty as the game progressed. Alli, Llorente and Janssen didn't have much impact in the game.

This match showed how badly we need to sign defensive midfielders. Our midfield started well but became poor as the match progressed. For all his hard work, Sissoko doesn't tackle enough. We need to find reliable replacements for Dembele and Wanyama. Wanyama was great in his first season for us but has been struggling since then. Wanyama has become too error-prone nowadays.

Our defence conceded 2 soft goals. We were always going to face problem as we started the error-prone Dier and KWP in defence. We should have put Wanyama or Sissoko in defence instead of Dier. Our defence were too slow to react for both the goals. Davies should have tackled the shot for their first goal. Lloris and KWP should have reacted faster for their second goal. Apart from that, Lloris did well to pull off a few good saves.

It is a disappointing way to end the season, being winless in 3 matches, 2 of them at home and having lost 6 consecutive away matches in the league.
This has been a mediocre season in the league. We started the season in great form, winning 9 of our first 12 matches but finished the season in relegation form, only winning 3 of our last 12 matches. Our total 23 wins were same as last season and joint-second best since 1967. But our total 13 defeats are our worst in 10 years ! Our CL campaign have really saved our season. Hope we will now win the CL to make this a successful season.

This has been a mediocre season in the league. Our CL campaign have really saved our season. Hope we will now win the CL to make this a successful season.

I'll let these two sentences do the talking. Any team ne...

Last edited:
Back