• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Can you give examples of when Bale has ever disrupted any team? All he's ever done is knuckle down and try and fight for his place in the team, most players at his level would have got their agents to kick up a right fuss if they had been treated the way he has....

He has t learnt Spanish in the 5 years he has been there, his tram mates have expressed this as being difficult and I imagine one of the reasons ZZ wants rid

He refused to train at Spurs and went on strike to get move to Real through.

Here's my wishlist finalised from rumours/expected signings.

N'Dombele
Brandt
Atal
Sessegnon
Lo-Celso

Starting lineup for next year:

------Son-------------Kane-------
----------------Dele--------------
--------Brandt---------------Atal
Rose--------------N'Dombele----
------------Winks----------------
-------Jan---------Sanchez------
----------------------------------
------------Lloris----------------

Lucas, Lo-Celso and Sessegnon can fight it out with the front four for game time. Sissoko, Dier and Skipp can fight Winks and N'Dombele for midfield minutes.
The only place on the pitch we may be deficient in will be up top, where we may need a smart buy to cover Kane and Son as there will only be Lucas to play there. Not sure what profile of player to go after there as we could either go Llorente style and have a veteran target man in the ranks or go for another all round goalscorer like Kane.

Last edited:
He would have to play when fit because he is that good, in the same way Kane plays when fit. He is better than the likes of Son, and there is a reason why we would have been prepared to pay that much (not saying we will but if we do). Players recognise there are levels and arent going to cry if they are being left out of the team -thats one of the good character traits about our team. We have so many games to play its a squad game....

And if you have an undroppable player, what does that do to the squad?

What if he is a tourist only here for a year and on astronomical money?

I agree he definitely doesn't have an ego...and if he wants an environment akin to the Wales squad he'll find it here.

What would be an ok deal for you? All-in cost of £25m for two years? Yes/no or are you just against it full stop?

I just get a feeling that someone like him could just be a match winner in the toughest moments.

He would absolutely be a match winner (but would he be fit to play the matches that count?).

I dont know really, it just doesnt sit well with me.

I completely understand a player of his quality, 2 year loan, £25m = no brainer.

I just cant help feeling it wouldnt actually be worth it in the long run for us. I dont like that he would be in an out, unreliably available, and I am concerned him being the supermegastarplayer we would end up just playing to service him (much like under AVB).

We are a TEAM, a real team, and it just feels to me a lot like a player like Bale would compromise that more than I would like.

Similarly if we had the chance at Ronaldo or Messi, (ignoring ego stuff) what would that do to the side?

Everything becomes about them at the expense of the things that make this side special, imo.

No.1 is nullified by Poch...that won't be an issue on his watch.

An injured player coming in and out of the team is a Tottenham Hotspur speciality.

Im not even sure Poch would be immune to the pressure of having to play a player like that if fit.

And while injuries are a Tottenham speciality, wouldnt it be nice if we didnt have to deal with them so much (eg, this season!)

If we had Messi we'd win the league. Bale? maybe not win it but we'd get a lot closer.

We already have undroppable players in the team and it's not like one of them isn't injured a fair amount of the time.

He would have to play when fit because he is that good, in the same way Kane plays when fit. He is better than the likes of Son, and there is a reason why we would have been prepared to pay that much (not saying we will but if we do). Players recognise there are levels and arent going to cry if they are being left out of the team -thats one of the good character traits about our team. We have so many games to play its a squad game....

There's no way its worth upsetting someone as vital to us as Son, to bring in a cod-piece signing like Bale (for a spattering of a dozen games or before he permanently breaks down)

As a club we're now so beyond 'the size of my rooster' signings

Hammers eye double swoop
West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini wants a new-look attack next term.

The Standard reports Pellegrini is keen on Fulham’s Aleksandr Mitrovic and Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez.

Gomez has a £43.5million release clause but will be available for £22m if Celta Vigo are relegated.

Mitrovic wants to stay in the Premier League after Fulham’s relegation.

Gomes is one we have been linked with isnt he?

With one game left Celta Vigo are one place above the relegation zone, 3pts ahead of Girona (Vigo GD -9 vs Girona -15)
Vigo have Rayo Valencio (already relegated) at home, Girona are away to Alaves (11th)

Ill take a wild guess and suggest that £22m bargain price wont be happening...

And if you have an undroppable player, what does that do to the squad?

What if he is a tourist only here for a year and on astronomical money?

He would absolutely be a match winner (but would he be fit to play the matches that count?).
I absolutely get your POV, and its only the he would upset the squad thing I take exception to. Our other undroppables who always play if fit are the likes of Toby,Verts,Kane. Do the likes of Llorente, Sanchez, even Moura whos been benched for long periods ever kick up a fuss? No,and for two reasons. One they get a lot of game time,everyone does with our injuries no matter how high/low you are in the squad ratings you are. Secondly, the personality types are ones that arent big egos are what Poch recruits because he only wants people that recognises its a squad game - its something he believes in and constantly emphasises. So if, and its a big if he wanted to get Bale I have no doubts he knows his personality is one that would mesh with the current squad, and I've seen no evidence to suggest it wouldnt.

As for your other worries regarding signing him, I'd pretty much agree - But any transfer has its gambling elements, but its just one I believe would be worth taking especially on a loan deal if we could come to agree wage terms.....

Look at West ham forum, he can't defend and can't cross, West ham fans are desperate to get rid should raise alarms

Ventured over to KUMB, had to laugh. Check these posts leading to the link with us, and then directly after:

I thought he was very good again today, especially going forward. I also don't think he's as bad as some make out defensively. He's certainly not worse than Cresswell. He's had a big part in the way we've been playing recently - today he had more touches than anyone else on the pitch, and also made the most successful passes. I think he has excellent close control and handles being in tight spaces very well - he never seems to panic when being pressed. I think there's a lot more to come from him.
I think he’s better defensively and offensively than Cresswell.

Saying that, neither are good enough defensively to be starting at full back in the PL.
Interesting that Arthur came into a decent bit of form in the tail end of the season and the majority thinking that he’s probably now our first choice left back if we don’t sign anyone else.

What I was wondering is there anyone that still thinks he should be sold due to the spitting incident, that seems to have been completely forgotten about ? Many said at the time he should never wear the colours again after doing such a disgusting thing to a fellow professional, but after putting in some decent performances, has all been forgiven do we think ?
LINK TO SPURS IN THE SUN POSTED
Let him go Spurs, we'd be making them weaker

:D

In fairness to them, there were these as well:
In a better team, where his weaknesses are less likely to be relentlessly attacked, he would be a very good player to have.

I can't think of many left backs who can dribble and beat players like him when he's on flow.
Yep.

Andrew Robertson and Kieran Trippier are both moderate (and that's being kind) "defenders".

In a good team, that controls the ball - pace, creativity with the occasional bit of defending chucked in are the job requirements of a full back.

The central midfield is supposed to cover their backsides much of the time whilst they play as pseudo wingers.
Fully agree Bubbles
Some posters seem to expect our fullbacks to do everything when, in reality, no fullbacks in the modern game do.
The problem for Masuaku now is that every mistake, no matter how minimal or insignificant, is magnified. We beat Spurs 1-0 away and still people mentioned that Spurs nearly scored from a cross from his side.
Full backs get beaten from time to time, they can't stop every cross. Sometimes they lose centre forwards in the box who score. It happens to every full back in world football.
I am in a minority but I would happily have Arthur as our first choice left back. He has been part of lots of very solid defensive displays this season and he is up there in the best of the league going forward. Being an attack in full back is not just about crossing (although he can do that) but about how you can help carry the ball forward and ability to join up with the midfield.

Reading a bit more, it seems they are quite divided.

Plenty just think he is brick. Seems like they got on his back at some point and that was that.
Plenty think he is pretty decent, though the concensus is very much better going forward than defending (though not necessarily BAD at defending).

Tottenham are amongst the group of London-based sides interested in taking Isaac Hayden away from Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer after the midfielder's outstanding second-half of the season at St James' Park, according to the Chronicle.

Hayden has been linked with leaving the Magpies for a while now due to personal reasons. But he has not let his desire to leave have an impact on his performances. In fact, he has arguably played the best football of his Saudi Sportswashing Machine career in the last few months.

The 24-year-old formed a brilliant partnership with Sean Longstaff shortly around the turn of the year, and has since been just as impressive alongside Ki Sung-yueng.

Unsurprisingly therefore, the Chronicle reports that he has a number of options to pick from this summer, with Spurs joining West Ham United and Crystal Palace in the race for the £20 million-rated star.

The report adds that Rafa Benitez will do everything to convince Hayden to stay if he himself sticks around. But with two years left on his contract, it may become the right time to sell if the right bid comes in.

Of course, it may be a slightly controversial move if Mauricio Pochettino manages to sign Hayden given that he began his career at Arsenal, and only left permanently when he joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2016.

That may put some supporters off. But it may also be incredibly satisfying for Spurs fans if they could get the best out of an incredibly-talented player that the Gunners discarded without ever really giving him a chance, especially at a time when they could probably do with him in their ranks.

It must be noted that there may be some Spurs fans who feel that they would prefer the club to set their sights higher as they look to build upon on an upcoming Champions League final appearance. But perhaps, paying £20 million for Hayden could prove to be a real masterstroke if Tottenham can get a deal done.

Not sure Ive seen a single Saudi Sportswashing Machine game this year, and have certainly never seen Hayden, anyone know what he is like?

That said, we really do get linked with absolutely everyone dont we?

According to The Sun, English Premier League duo Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur could go head to head for the signature of £30million-rated Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo this summer.

As reported by Marca, the Portugal international is open to playing in the English top-flight provided he can be assured of regular playing minutes having had to share right-back duties with Sergi Roberto since arriving from Benfica in the summer of 2017.

The Red Devils need a new full-back to replace the departing Antonio Valencia, and Semedo ticks all the boxes.

Spurs are also in search of a right-back with Kieran Trippier and Serge Aurier both linked with a summer exit.

The Barcelona man has played 25 La Liga games this term, featuring 10 times in the Champions League – but only half of them were starts, excluding both legs of the semi-finals clash with Liverpool.

Tottenham could pip United to the signature of Semedo as they offer the elite European competition next season, and it will be interesting to see where he chooses to ply his trade next should he indeed leave Camp Nou.

The Portuguese brings enough quality and experience to the table, and securing his signature for £30million will be an absolute steal.

Tottenham are amongst the group of London-based sides interested in taking Isaac Hayden away from Saudi Sportswashing Machine this summer after the midfielder's outstanding second-half of the season at St James' Park, according to the Chronicle.

Hayden has been linked with leaving the Magpies for a while now due to personal reasons. But he has not let his desire to leave have an impact on his performances. In fact, he has arguably played the best football of his Saudi Sportswashing Machine career in the last few months.

The 24-year-old formed a brilliant partnership with Sean Longstaff shortly around the turn of the year, and has since been just as impressive alongside Ki Sung-yueng.

Unsurprisingly therefore, the Chronicle reports that he has a number of options to pick from this summer, with Spurs joining West Ham United and Crystal Palace in the race for the £20 million-rated star.

The report adds that Rafa Benitez will do everything to convince Hayden to stay if he himself sticks around. But with two years left on his contract, it may become the right time to sell if the right bid comes in.

Of course, it may be a slightly controversial move if Mauricio Pochettino manages to sign Hayden given that he began his career at Arsenal, and only left permanently when he joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2016.

That may put some supporters off. But it may also be incredibly satisfying for Spurs fans if they could get the best out of an incredibly-talented player that the Gunners discarded without ever really giving him a chance, especially at a time when they could probably do with him in their ranks.

It must be noted that there may be some Spurs fans who feel that they would prefer the club to set their sights higher as they look to build upon on an upcoming Champions League final appearance. But perhaps, paying £20 million for Hayden could prove to be a real masterstroke if Tottenham can get a deal done.

Not sure Ive seen a single Saudi Sportswashing Machine game this year, and have certainly never seen Hayden, anyone know what he is like?

That said, we really do get linked with absolutely everyone dont we?
@Greg ....please come in.

Roma have scheduled an appointment with the agent of Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur linked winger Cengiz Under to take a decision on his future at the club.

The 21-year-old winger has been impressive in Italy since joining the club from Basaksehir in 2017 and has been a key part of the Roma squad over the last two seasons.

His performances have attracted the attention of several clubs across Europe and there has been considerable interest in the player from the Premier League.

Roma are reportedly ready to cash in on the winger this summer if he does not sign a new contract, and Arsenal and Tottenham are said to be keeping a close watch on proceedings in the Italian capital ahead of the transfer window.

Now, according to Italian daily Il Tempo, the player’s agent is scheduled to meet the Roma hierarchy in the coming days to discuss his client’s future.

His representative is likely to discuss whether there is a new contract for his client, or whether Under might leave.

Roma want to make sure Under will sign a new contract before deciding whether to fight to keep him, or they will look to move him on.

The 21-year-old has six goals and ten assists to his name in all competitions for Roma this season.

Ventured over to KUMB, had to laugh. Check these posts leading to the link with us, and then directly after:

I thought he was very good again today, especially going forward. I also don't think he's as bad as some make out defensively. He's certainly not worse than Cresswell. He's had a big part in the way we've been playing recently - today he had more touches than anyone else on the pitch, and also made the most successful passes. I think he has excellent close control and handles being in tight spaces very well - he never seems to panic when being pressed. I think there's a lot more to come from him.
I think he’s better defensively and offensively than Cresswell.

Saying that, neither are good enough defensively to be starting at full back in the PL.
Interesting that Arthur came into a decent bit of form in the tail end of the season and the majority thinking that he’s probably now our first choice left back if we don’t sign anyone else.

What I was wondering is there anyone that still thinks he should be sold due to the spitting incident, that seems to have been completely forgotten about ? Many said at the time he should never wear the colours again after doing such a disgusting thing to a fellow professional, but after putting in some decent performances, has all been forgiven do we think ?
LINK TO SPURS IN THE SUN POSTED
Let him go Spurs, we'd be making them weaker

:D

In fairness to them, there were these as well:
In a better team, where his weaknesses are less likely to be relentlessly attacked, he would be a very good player to have.

I can't think of many left backs who can dribble and beat players like him when he's on flow.
Yep.

Andrew Robertson and Kieran Trippier are both moderate (and that's being kind) "defenders".

In a good team, that controls the ball - pace, creativity with the occasional bit of defending chucked in are the job requirements of a full back.

The central midfield is supposed to cover their backsides much of the time whilst they play as pseudo wingers.
Fully agree Bubbles
Some posters seem to expect our fullbacks to do everything when, in reality, no fullbacks in the modern game do.
The problem for Masuaku now is that every mistake, no matter how minimal or insignificant, is magnified. We beat Spurs 1-0 away and still people mentioned that Spurs nearly scored from a cross from his side.
Full backs get beaten from time to time, they can't stop every cross. Sometimes they lose centre forwards in the box who score. It happens to every full back in world football.
I am in a minority but I would happily have Arthur as our first choice left back. He has been part of lots of very solid defensive displays this season and he is up there in the best of the league going forward. Being an attack in full back is not just about crossing (although he can do that) but about how you can help carry the ball forward and ability to join up with the midfield.

Reading a bit more, it seems they are quite divided.

Plenty just think he is brick. Seems like they got on his back at some point and that was that.
Plenty think he is pretty decent, though the concensus is very much better going forward than defending (though not necessarily BAD at defending).
he had a bit of a purple patch towards the end of the season, go back a month and the views are probably more one sided - you are not alone Pat Nevin watched him against chelsea last year (or before) and said he thought he would be the best B in the world. I stick by my judgement on this one.

he had a bit of a purple patch towards the end of the season, go back a month and the views are probably more one sided - you are not alone Pat Nevin watched him against chelsea last year (or before) and said he thought he would be the best B in the world. I stick by my judgement on this one.

Im far from that convinced, as I qualified in my initial post - Ive seen very little of him, but liked what I saw.

Just thought it was quite funny after your response the other day.

I've seen him quite a few times and he's always looked like a liability or at the very least an accident waiting to happen in defence. He reminded me of our very own Atouba all those years ago.....

If ever there was a ready made replacement for Ronaldo...

Something is definitely off there, Zidane has never really given him a chance has he?
Zindane has the hump that despite numerous muscle injuries Bale still insists on playing golf, even during his periods out with injury when their physio discourages it. Although that should have course just be a story to attempt to discredit Bale?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/leaked-...of-gareth-bales-transfer-to-real-madrid-38402

We have first option to sign Bale (if he wants to go to the Premier League) until June 30 2019

"Real Madrid and the player hereby grant to Tottenham from the date hereof until June 30, 2019 an option to match any offer received from a Premier League club for the registration of the player.

"Real Madrid shall notify Tottenham the terms of any offer that it finds acceptable (a 'Third Party Offer'), and Tottenham shall thereafter have a period of 72 hours after receipt of such notification to offer to match all the terms contained in the offer to Real Madrid under the Third Party Offer.

"In the event that Tottenham does match the Third Party Offer, Real Madrid shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received (including any higher offers received following Real Madrid's receipt of the Third Party Offer) and transfer the player as soon as is possible in the first available FA Registration Period to Tottenham pursuant to a Transfer Agreement acceptable to Tottenham in its sole discretion."

Here's the full leaked pdf of his transfer agreement when he joined Real https://as.com/descargables/2016/01/20/f98891d4f78745a4cb1669a599bbccd8.pdf

"registration of the player" would include a loan deal

Zindane has the hump that despite numerous muscle injuries Bale still insists on playing golf, even during his periods out with injury when their physio discourages it. Although that should have course just be a story to attempt to discredit Bale?

I think Spanish press is worse than ours, so have very little faith in anything being printed being actually true.

Of course its entirely possible he goes against club orders and plays golf (though I always thought players did that as it was "safe"!), but its equally possible its nonsense.

The only thing that seems true is Zidane hasnt fancied Bale at all, not in his prior stint and definitely not now.

Back