• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Wouldn't expect too much of any player coming back from injury, especially first game after several weeks' lay-off.

Against a team that will play 100mph blitzkrieg football for the first hour at least he could get badly found out.

If Winks is to play at all in the final (and I do doubt it) I would imagine it to be as a sub around 70 minutes to come on and start taking control of things as Liverpool tire.

Against a team that will play 100mph blitzkrieg football for the first hour at least he could get badly found out.

If Winks is to play at all in the final (and I do doubt it) I would imagine it to be as a sub around 70 minutes to come on and start taking control of things as Liverpool tire.

I agree with you here. The mental sharpness that is going to be required for that opening hour is going to be of the utmost importance. I'm also leaning towards having Kane on the bench to start tbh, which sounds crazy, but for this game might be the right call.

Well, contrary to my Winks point, I cant imagine anything other than Kane starting.

We have persistently struggled without a focal point up front, and as well as Llorente has done Kane even if half fit is a better player. I think he could be key in us getting a foothold in things.

Plus its not quite as damaging if he plays up front and is a little off the pace compared to that midfield battle.

Without wishing to waylay this thread too far off topic, my opinion on Kane is that his time out injured coupled with VVD and Matip wanting someone to mark will nullify him. I'd rather have us start with the two pace merchants we have stretching them and at least giving their full backs something to think about before going forward.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it will all come down to how complete their recovery has been and how well they are showing up in pre-match training. If they appear less than fully fit I don't see Poch risking them from the kick off.

But even if they're fully 100% fit it would still be a mistake to expect too much from them because they will not have played a full 90 minutes for months. The most we can expect from them is 65/70 mins because by then they'll be knackered.

If fit, both Kane and Winks will start. Tbh I would take my chances if the alternatives would be a slow Wanyama and an off form, slow and reckless Dier or we negate the offensive threats of Dele and Eriksen by playing them deep.

Without wishing to waylay this thread too far off topic, my opinion on Kane is that his time out injured coupled with VVD and Matip wanting someone to mark will nullify him. I'd rather have us start with the two pace merchants we have stretching them and at least giving their full backs something to think about before going forward.

The beauty of Kane is that he's as happy dropping back or pulling wide as he is leading the line. He can create space for others.

If fit, both Kane and Winks will start. Tbh I would take my chances if the alternatives would be a slow Wanyama and an off form, slow and reckless Dier or we negate the offensive threats of Dele and Eriksen by playing them deep.

Not sure I agree with you to have TWO players in the starting lineup coming back after many weeks out. One is a calculated risk; two is reckless... especially against Liverpool's diabolical press. And nobody mentioned neither Dier nor Wanyama

Not sure I agree with you to have TWO players in the starting lineup coming back after many weeks out. One is a calculated risk; two is reckless... especially against Liverpool's diabolical press. And nobody mentioned neither Dier nor Wanyama
Who do you play next to Sissoko?

Who do you play next to Sissoko?

Eriksen and Alli with Moura and Son on either side of Harry.

Both Eriksen and Alli have a great work ethic and will put in the miles, Moura and Son have the legs to keep up with the Liverpool full backs and of course the closing down will be the responsibility of Monsieur Sissoko. Harry will provide the outlet

My only worry about Harry is that he will not make pens if it ends up even...

Eriksen and Alli with Moura and Son on either side of Harry.

Both Eriksen and Alli have a great work ethic and will put in the miles, Moura and Son have the legs to keep up with the Liverpool full backs and of course the closing down will be the responsibility of Monsieur Sissoko. Harry will provide the outlet

My only worry about Harry is that he will not make pens if it ends up even...

We have seen that playing Alli deep stifles him offensively. Eriksen's natural instincts are higher up the pitch. I still think it is better to play winks alongside Sissoko. Winks is young, talented and imo can cope with the big occasion. I think he will be fine especially if the team help out.

We have seen that playing Alli deep stifles him offensively. Eriksen's natural instincts are higher up the pitch. I still think it is better to play winks alongside Sissoko. Winks is young, talented and imo can cope with the big occasion. I think he will be fine especially if the team help out.

I agree with this, he is not the same player when he plays deep and someone as good as he is at running from behind the strikers should be left to play his own game.

Back