• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don’t think he will leave, but I’m very bored of his consistent comments in the press and the timing of them

Causing issues where there isn’t any.

We have not had a manager as in demand in my lifetime. He is constantly asked provocative questions and is himself not a robot. At the risk of invoking the wrath of many for repeated cliches...trust the manager, trust what you’re seeing.

Maybe everyone is talking about Poch's future, and the team are left to prepare for the final in peace? Could be a deflective action from Poch, don't forget he's still got a fair term on his contract. Just an idea.

Point is that its a more credible look at what Poch thinks that people piecing together sound bites

Absolutely.

Just as I think it should be a "rule" that people watch the full press conference before losing their brick about a single soundbite.

Usually he has a cheeky look in his eye and is clearly joking about something, but people read a single line and assume the worst...

Yeh the messages to Levy is total rubbish, Poch and Levy by all accounts have a very open relationship and dialogue.

What Poch has said and rightly so is getting to the CL is not the norm and is not the norm for our investment so not to expect it year in year out. Levy is not silly and I am sure he 100% agrees and the expectations on Poch is not to win the league and CL based on what we spend now.

Yeh the messages to Levy is total rubbish, Poch and Levy by all accounts have a very open relationship and dialogue.

What Poch has said and rightly so is getting to the CL is not the norm and is not the norm for our investment so not to expect it year in year out. Levy is not silly and I am sure he 400% agrees and the expectations on Poch is not to win the league and CL based on what we spend now.

He has been clear and candid throughout. I dont really know what the fuss is.

If you actually listen to him it is clear.
- He and Levy have a good relationship with open lines of communication
- He undertook a 5 year project with Levy to get us into the CL and new stadium (and facilities)
- The CL final represents not only an over achievement of that project, but also the end of it/this phase
- Now he wants to plan out the next project, which will be to take all we have built and now focus on winning titles

What Poch has said and rightly so is getting to the CL is not the norm and is not the norm for our investment so not to expect it year in year out. Levy is not silly and I am sure he 400% agrees and the expectations on Poch is not to win the league and CL based on what we spend now.

And poch would like the opportunity to see if Daniel agrees on the levels of the investment model for the next five years before he commits.

I think levy already has his place in our history for the greatest chairman that we have ever had. Now let's see that greatness by backing the man that has dragged us out of the mire.

I enjoy watching the team and love the team more than ever, as they slowly erase years of learned cynicism.

We have not had a manager as in demand in my lifetime. He is constantly asked provocative questions and is himself not a robot. At the risk of invoking the wrath of many for repeated cliches...trust the manager, trust what you’re seeing.

I concur about the manager in demanded - minus Jol

I see a manager keeping his options open -Lloris has even commented on it this morning.

We have the biggest game in almost all our lifetimes in 2 weeks - just don’t mention it till after then.

He has been clear and candid throughout. I dont really know what the fuss is.

If you actually listen to him it is clear.
- He and Levy have a good relationship with open lines of communication
- He undertook a 5 year project with Levy to get us into the CL and new stadium (and facilities)
- The CL final represents not only an over achievement of that project, but also the end of it/this phase
- Now he wants to plan out the next project, which will be to take all we have built and now focus on winning titles

I agree its as simple as that, why some are always looking for hidden meanings is beyond me:rolleyes:

Does it seem like there are less video's of our players mucking around and having a laugh this year? No Dier and Alli video's with their bromance and just not as much funny stuff going on like in previous seasons. Maybe things behind the scenes this season have got a little more serious. Just makes me wonder if squad harmony is the same as it was a couple of seasons ago where everything seemed great and we had our best season in the premier league era.

I may be reading far to much into it by the way.

Does it seem like there are less video's of our players mucking around and having a laugh this year? No Dier and Alli video's with their bromance and just not as much funny stuff going on like in previous seasons. Maybe things behind the scenes this season have got a little more serious. Just makes me wonder if squad harmony is the same as it was a couple of seasons ago where everything seemed great and we had our best season in the premier league era.

I may be reading far to much into it by the way.

They got older?

Stopped being so serious about video games and started getting serious about getting laid?

Judging by the number of babies/young children accompanying the players on their lap of honour on Sunday, I'd say you might be onto something.
It does seem that we've had something of a baby boom within the team over the past couple of years. No wonder they all look knackered.

Any chance he wins manager of the season? Chances are Pep will win but look at what Poch has had to deal with

• No signings
  • Injuries to just about every key player
  • Stadium migration
And that’s before I even mention the fact that the club had to deal with months of speculation about him going to United. People have short memories but every single question in our press conferences just after Mourinho got sacked was about Poch going to United. To the point where our press officer had to step in and put the press in their place and tell them it’s not going to dominate our press conferences.

Judging by the number of babies/young children accompanying the players on their lap of honour on Sunday, I'd say you might be onto something.
It does seem that we've had something of a baby boom within the team over the past couple of years. No wonder they all look knackered.

My thoughts too. At least one of our players enjoys mucking around and having a laugh with those kids.

Back