• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Sorry but that episode was over 2 weeks ago now, I think it's fair enough to comment on it.

No that is not. If you pay attention in this thread you would note that people watch series at different times. If somebody has just started watching the second series of Star Trek Discovery it is not okay for me to spoil it for them just because I have seen it already.

@spasm has watched Season 5 of Bosch, does that make it okay for him to spoil it for me if I have just finished season 4.

And what happens when Netflix decides to release a whole season at once, how many days do you give before it is okay to spoil it considering people do not always watch shows at the same time.

You should be considerate to others my good man

Last edited:
Game of Thrones could have done without the WWs entirely. I enjoyed yesterday. They are rushing things, they've fudged their pacing, but none of the things that have happened seem too far out of character apart from Brienne and Jamie possibly.

This whole Season has been awful. Years of character development ignored in order to tie up loose ends in 1 short final season. Varys spent years being clever, plotting and scheming and then over the last series or two has had no interesting lines or scenes at all, Tyrionis now fumbling about making constant mistakes and bad choices even though he was a genius for the first few seasons. Cersei has done nothing for the last year or so except stand in the red tower waiting for someone to come attack (and still hadn't developed any plan other than pay the GC to come stand in front of Kings Landing. Ergh, its still entertaining but man, this season is such a let down. I hope there's a chance for a decent finale.

This whole Season has been awful. Years of character development ignored in order to tie up loose ends in 1 short final season. Varys spent years being clever, plotting and scheming and then over the last series or two has had no interesting lines or scenes at all, Tyrionis now fumbling about making constant mistakes and bad choices even though he was a genius for the first few seasons. Cersei has done nothing for the last year or so except stand in the red tower waiting for someone to come attack (and still hadn't developed any plan other than pay the GC to come stand in front of Kings Landing. Ergh, its still entertaining but man, this season is such a let down. I hope there's a chance for a decent finale.
I've read that HBO essentially have the writers unlimited minutes in which to wrap up the story - both seasons 7 and 8 could have been long seasons with full length episodes.

They have apparently cut it all short so they can work on the new Star Wars trilogy.

I disagree. I think Varys WAS clever, he knew what was coming and I think there's still a trick up his sleeve in the last episode...and tyrion was never a genius, he was smart sure, but he's made mistakes throughout the entire program...many mistakes

Cersei intentionally did nothing, waiting for the ice kings army to deplete the Northern army and danys army. And they built the crossbows to kill the dragons which worked for one of the dragons.

I think the last episode will right a lot of wrongs you're currently seeing

I disagree. I think Varys WAS clever, he knew what was coming and I think there's still a trick up his sleeve in the last episode...and tyrion was never a genius, he was smart sure, but he's made mistakes throughout the entire program...many mistakes

Cersei intentionally did nothing, waiting for the ice kings army to deplete the Northern army and danys army. And they built the crossbows to kill the dragons which worked for one of the dragons.

I think the last episode will right a lot of wrongs you're currently seeing

What was the deal with Varys writing those letters about Jon and Dany etc and then burning that last one? Any ideas who he was writing to?

What was the deal with Varys writing those letters about Jon and Dany etc and then burning that last one? Any ideas who he was writing to?

I figured general dispersal of news, Dorne, Oldtown maybe.

Possibly a recycled scene from season one where Ned had written letters regarding Cersei and Jaime, although, I get the books and the show confused so that might not have happened.

I figured general dispersal of news, Dorne, Oldtown maybe.

Possibly a recycled scene from season one where Ned had written letters regarding Cersei and Jaime, although, I get the books and the show confused so that might not have happened.
That was indeed a callback to season 1 of the show

so they clearly are thinking things through, Dany was always going to torch the place

I assume George RR Martin told D.B. Weiss and David Benioff how he wanted the story arc to be completed but just seems a slight shame that the show-runners are seemingly in such a rush to join Star Wars that we got 2 truncated seasons.

As HBO apparently wanted to continue with 10 episodes per season whilst Martin said that 13 would’ve been better still.

Game of thrones can officially go fudge itself. Last episode was the exclamation point on this cluster fudge of a final season. Total downer.

Game of thrones can officially go fudge itself. Last episode was the exclamation point on this cluster fudge of a final season. Total downer.

What didnt you like about the finale? (post in a hidden Spoiler as most won't have seen it yet!).

I didnt like this last season. Thought it was all too rushed and should've been longer but they did wrap everything up tidily in this episode (at least I think they did?)

The only bit I wasn't too sure about was how Greyworm was all intent on killing the two traitors and then after some discussion they chose a new King and found a solution for both Tyrion and Jon and just offered the Unsullied a patch of land, knowing they can't reproduce lol, Davos was taking the tinkle surely!?

What didnt you like about the finale? (post in a hidden Spoiler as most won't have seen it yet!).

I didnt like this last season. Thought it was all too rushed and should've been longer but they did wrap everything up tidily in this episode (at least I think they did?)

The only bit I wasn't too sure about was how Greyworm was all intent on killing the two traitors and then after some discussion they chose a new King and found a solution for both Tyrion and Jon and just offered the Unsullied a patch of land, knowing they can't reproduce lol, Davos was taking
the tinkle surely!?

The whole thing.

Bran said he'd never be king of the north, let alone king of the seven kingdoms. Suddenly acts like it was his plan all along?

Bran: I can never be Lord of Winterfell, I can never be Lord of anything, I'm the three-eyed raven. Also Bran: I'm the King.

Grey worm wants justice for Jon Snow only for the unsullied to fudge off to Naath. Jon could just stroll back to Wintefell.

Yara Greyjoy just accepts Bran as king after claiming to be loyal to Danerys. Grey Worm tells Tyrion to stop talking, he then proceeds to determine the future of the entire kingdom in a monologue and no one bat's an eye as he's named second in charge again.

North gets independence and then nobody else asks for independence? Wtf?

How did they know Danerys had been stabbed in the heart when a dragon fudging flew off with her corpse?

Jon walks past Grey Worm executing Lannister men, continues to Dany, walks into Grey Worm guarding Dany. Huh?

Why the fudge does Bran need a master of whisperers!?

Danerys went on a genocidal rampage and Arya says to John, I know a killer when I see one when talking about her. What the actual fudge!?

The writers didn't give two bricks about this season. Not to mention all the crap you already have.

The only bit I wasn't too sure about was how Greyworm was all intent on killing the two traitors and then after some discussion they chose a new King and found a solution for both Tyrion and Jon and just offered the Unsullied a patch of land, knowing they can't reproduce lol, Davos was taking the tinkle surely!?

Rushed, the Dany story line would have been believable with actual development

The night king arc was the worst, all build up and nothing much in way of pay off.

Just think how good the first 5 series are.

Even the actors hated it from reports -

Back