• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t care about the changing room set up. It could work for us; the other way around out our lot may think they’ve already won it, like when they turn up and half arse it through the first half against “brick” teams, thinking they’ve already won the game.

Should be using this all as motivation, being written off, second team changing room, scouse arrogance.....

I haven’t posted a team or tactics in this thread yet. My feeling is that Poch will pick the fit players he thinks will win with tactics he things we’ll win and hopefully WE WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. But I still think that after the first three games in the group stage he should have played the kids so we could focus on getting CL through the league. Or prioritize the FA Cup. How I wish we’d beaten Palace and then the season would have ended sooner than it will now. Bloody Poch. What does he do? Any team news yet?

The mods are really playing with the OMT gods by not stickying this yet.
My inaugural OMT and they risk defeat in our inaugural Champions League final, by poking disrespect at the mighty OMT gods.

I know who’s to blame if we lose....

Kane
Son Alli Moura
Eriksen Sissoko
Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Trippier
Lloris
Just go mad for the win

That's the team I would pick as things stand.

Can't drop Dele into a deeper role, it just doesn't work so it would have to be Eriksen,although he doesn't tackle and is lightweight, he does put a shift in.
This line up shoehorns all our best players in, apart from Winks,who may not be fit anyway.

ozzy-osbourne-cancels-dates.jpg

* Ossie ;-)

The clownshoe who didn't "...observe the sabbath between OMTs"

Observe the Sabbath??!?!?

How much more Sabbath do you need to observe in an OMT thread than Ozzy bloody Osbourne!!!!

Nazi!!!

We all know klopps plan, it's got them three runner places :), he's not going to change anything.
I'd go with

Hugo
Trippier Toby Jan Davies
Sissoko rose
Eriksen dele
Son
Kane.

A solid back four with Sissoko and Rose covering the fbs and channels Liverpool like to expose.
Both are also capable of breaking at pace.
Eriksen can pull the strings knowing his back is covered, but also options in front of him with sons pace and trickery, Harry just being the goal scoring beast he is and dele as a late runner.
With Moura, serge, winks and lamela fit and on the bench we'd have options to change it up or just straight swops.
Unadventurous, yes.
Pragmatic, you bet.
But we need not to lose it before we can win it. They will come out all guns blazing.

Reckon there will be any kind of behind closed doors friendlies taking place ahead of the final?

I've thought the same tbh...especially if we are thinking about starting any of Aurier/Winks/Kane if they make it, they surely need a little bit of actual match time.

Plus how do we keep up everyone else's physical conditioning for 3 weeks?

I've thought the same tbh...especially if we are thinking about starting any of Aurier/Winks/Kane if they make it, they surely need a little bit of actual match time.

Plus how do we keep up everyone else's physical conditioning for 3 weeks?

If it had been one or two weeks I think light training to get energy levels up, but with three weeks we could give everyone a couple of days off before a mini preseason. We want to peak that weekend.

I think this is an interesting game, Pool have had an amazing season but

- They bottled the league (the game that mattered was against City in Jan, a draw there would have won them the league)
- Klopp's final record is awful (5 or 6 now in a row lost)
- They are the overwhelming favorites
- It's away from home
- We seemingly have found a way through every step of this.

I think it will be tough for us, but really think it's going to be a lot harder for Pool than most people acknowledge.

We all know klopps plan, it's got them three runner places :), he's not going to change anything.
I'd go with

Hugo
Trippier Toby Jan Davies
Sissoko rose
Eriksen dele
Son
Kane.

A solid back four with Sissoko and Rose covering the fbs and channels Liverpool like to expose.
Both are also capable of breaking at pace.
Eriksen can pull the strings knowing his back is covered, but also options in front of him with sons pace and trickery, Harry just being the goal scoring beast he is and dele as a late runner.
With Moura, serge, winks and lamela fit and on the bench we'd have options to change it up or just straight swops.
Unadventurous, yes.
Pragmatic, you bet.
But we need not to lose it before we can win it. They will come out all guns blazing.

Trippier can’t start, he really can’t - Serge needs to get the nod

Aurier hasnt played for us since the Dortmund game on March 5th. He did play for Ivory Coast on March 23rd (against Rwanda), and nothing since.

That would be 10 weeks from the IC game, 12.5 from his last game for us.

I dont think I would consider him ready to deal with Mane and Robertson having barely played in three months, even though he has done generally well in the CL.

Back