• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Real Madrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's£600,000-a-week wages. (Sun)

This is the problem with the big contract/late career moves.

You invariably get stuck with a player you dont want/need and cant get rid of them.

£10m is peanuts, but those wages are not and thats the point. Honestly I think only Utd or PSG would be interested - and thats because they are more interested in the PR of things than the players.

I think Gazzaniga has done enough to deserve the second keeper spot and it is an English 3rd choice keeper that we should have. I would get Jordan Archer from Milwall for that role. A decent enough keeper who has played well in some reasonably big games for Milwall (i.e. play off finals). I think a bonus is that he is out of contract there and has a further bonus in that he came through the youth system at Spurs so knows the club and I think would count as 'club trained'.

Really good shout, Archer has been excellent at Millwall, solid and reliable and experienced - and as you say one of our own.

Though truthfully Im not against a kid taking the spot. The 3rd choice keeper is hardly likely to see action, and there are even emergency loans around keepers....

From the bits and pieces I've seen he plays the Dembele kind of role at Watford.

I dont see it. As I say, admittedly havent seen a huge amount of him, but he doesnt seem much of a dribbler and doesnt seem to come back deep a great deal. Is more interested in being on the front foot - knits play nicely in the middle/final third - though also (and here like Dembele) doesnt seem to offer a particular goal threat.

Watching him I always just thought he was tidy and thats about it.

Though I should have course be missing a great teal....

As we have seen with quite a few signings that Poch has made he likes players with pace and power. Sessegnon certainly has both of those attributes. He looks like a typical Spurs buy to me. Young, talented, just about good enough now but with a huge amount of improvement left in him, fee unlikely to be too prohibitive, buying from a club who are in a bad situation.

I though Sessegnon was nailed on last year, he just has "Spurs" written all over him.

I think Gazzaniga has done enough to deserve the second keeper spot and it is an English 3rd choice keeper that we should have. I would get Jordan Archer from Milwall for that role. A decent enough keeper who has played well in some reasonably big games for Milwall (i.e. play off finals). I think a bonus is that he is out of contract there and has a further bonus in that he came through the youth system at Spurs so knows the club and I think would count as 'club trained'.

Alfie Whiteman is perfectly adequate for a 3rd choice GK. And even if Lloris and Gazzaniga both get injured, we could emergency loan someone in.

The other bonus about Whiteman is, he and Gazzaniga look very similar (you can't tell them apart when they are warming up together); so we could make an secret extra sub at half-time and no one would notice.

Real Madrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's£600,000-a-week wages. (Sun)

£300,000 a week is a lot for someone who will only be fit enough to work on the Oggy stall in the Dele Alli Deli Alley

The Sun

RY'S UP FOR MOVE
Tottenham close on £25m Ryan Sessegnon transfer – half what Fulham wanted for the England U-21 ace last summer

Relegated Cottagers are ready to cash in with one year left on the wideman's contract, with Spurs keen to make signings

TOTTENHAM are closing in on Ryan Sessegnon.

SunSport understands a deal in the region of £25million is close to being struck for the Fulham whizkid, who turns 19 this week.

That is half what the Cottagers wanted for him last summer.

But they are ready to cash in now following relegation as the wideman only has one year left on his contract.

Champions League finalists Spurs have been long-time admirers and are now making their move after two windows of signing no players at all.

Boss Mauricio Pochettino has an excellent track record of developing young talent and will be confident of improving Sessegnon significantly despite the left-sided star not hitting the heights many expected him to this term.

Sessegnon, whose twin brother Steven is also on Fulham's books, scored twice and grabbed six assists but could not prevent the West Londoners from dropping back down to the Championship.

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with Ryan.

And publicly he has remained coy over his future.

But supporters have sensed Sessegnon could be on his way to the new Tottenham Stadium after he posted his delight when Lucas Moura's hat-trick sneaked Spurs into the Champions League final.

He tweeted last week: "OMG wow wow wow!"

Commenting on his post, one Fulham fan said: "Mate make it a little less obvious please."

While another Cottagers supporter said: "Ryan no don't do this."

Another devastated Fulham fan simply stated: "We get it, you like Spurs."

England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 23, will only sign a new deal at Chelsea if he is given assurances over a place in the first team. (Sun)

Still one Id love us to have a go for.

And United also plan to spend £45m on Lille's Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe, 23. (Mirror)

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has told the club to act quickly to secure the permanent signing of £40m-rated Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans, 22, from Monaco. (Star)

Emirates Marketing Project have had a bid rejected for Lyon's 22-year-old France midfielder Tanguy Ndombele. (Le 10 Sport, via Manchester Evening News)

RB Leipzig's chief executive says Liverpool could still sign 23-year-old Germany striker Timo Werner as the club have not yet held talks with Bayern Munich. (Bulinews, via Liverpool Echo)

I am not a fan of Gazzaniga, to static on his line and means a big change in the way we play when Loris is out. Ideally a decent 2nd choice who can play a bit of football too (English) with potential to take over when Loris is done - not asking much I know.

You have convinced me a bit about Archer if we go down the 3rd choice route, the arguments are sound (*I have no idea if he is any good).

They are talking about €100 M for Hazard so Eriksen will be below that - the contract situation limits his fee.

IMO... we won't sell him for less than that

Doesn't matter what deal they do with Chelsea as were talking two different players

Eriksen is younger for a start and arguably more consistent

IMO... we won't sell him for less than that

Doesn't matter what deal they do with Chelsea as were talking two different players

Eriksen is younger for a start and arguably more consistent
he has one year left on his contract that is the driver. Would Levy walk away from £60M for nothing next year? I think he may but most others do not.

I remember seeing Jordan Archer play for Scotland U21s at Bramall Lane a few years back. He let 5, including a couple of absolute clangers.

I remembering thinking - there's a soon-to-be pub player.

Mind you, Kane was toss at Leicester and Norwich.

I am not a fan of Gazzaniga, to static on his line and means a big change in the way we play when Loris is out. Ideally a decent 2nd choice who can play a bit of football too (English) with potential to take over when Loris is done - not asking much I know.

You have convinced me a bit about Archer if we go down the 3rd choice route, the arguments are sound (*I have no idea if he is any good).

I like Gazzaniga, happy to see him promoted to #2.

Yes he is a bit static on his line, but he is learning - I think there was a notable improvement in that over the season.

And otherwise he is a good shot stopper, good kicker, and seemed to grow into the team. He played plenty of games where I didnt feel we missed Lloris, which is about as much as we could hope for isnt it?

They are talking about €100 M for Hazard so Eriksen will be below that - the contract situation limits his fee.

I tend to agree with Bedford, I think we would rather keep the player than sell at that.

I dont expect Coutinho money, given the contract situation, but I do think itll be a fair wedge to get us to do a deal.

I remember seeing Jordan Archer play for Scotland U21s at Bramall Lane a few years back. He let 5, including a couple of absolute clangers.

I remembering thinking - there's a soon-to-be pub player.

Mind you, Kane was toss at Leicester and Norwich.

He has been brilliant for Millwall and is a big part of their punching well above their weight

he has one year left on his contract that is the driver. Would Levy walk away from £60M for nothing next year? I think he may but most others do not.

I think your second guessing a lot of things like we all are in sill season

For a start their ha storm be suitors for him

Dont forgot with Hazard there is one club he wants and they wan him which means chelsea have less say

No saying that Eriksen isn't in the same boat but we dont know

He has certainly been one of the better ones there

TBF as a third choice w have our own youth players anyway

As I said above, that would be my preference too - but if we go the other way Archer isnt a bad shout at all.

Question is whether he would want it, he plays at a decent standard now - would be swapping that for our bench and maybe FA cup games...

Wasn't there some stat flying around a few weeks ago that Gazzaniga had had more assists this season than someone like Ozil or Alexis Sanchez?

Don't know if it's perception, but seems a few (more real targets) on the early list

- Take some of the edge of summer if we do some early business

Ideally all business is done early, at least incoming business.

I get the feeling we arent looking to mess about this year, Levy will need to get things done to show faith with Pochettino.

A couple of quick moves in and all the pressure falls away, no more press BS, pre season gets started on the front foot...

Back