• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Real Madrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's£600,000-a-week wages. (Sun)

I don’t want De Ligt if it would mean that we would have to deal with Raiola. He’s a virus to football. Don’t know how people become agents but apparently asking for a reported 20% of a transfer fee is a tinkle take. What is he going to do? Play matches for De Ligt if they are on a Tuesday?!

I don’t want De Ligt if it would mean that we would have to deal with Raiola. He’s a virus to football. Don’t know how people become agents but apparently asking for a reported 20% of a transfer fee is a tinkle take. What is he going to do? Play matches for De Ligt if they are on a Tuesday?!

I'm surprised players sign with him, surely they must he's taking a huge amount of money that they could get for themselves.

In any case Fifa have banned him this summer so no one will have to deal with him.

ah, so now i understand why no one is rushing in for de ligt - he is a monster at 19, captain too. He will set the world alight, whether he stays at Ajax or moves on, which is inevitable. Ziyech has a sweet left foot, but i guess we'll go with ryan sessegnon.

What is on the shopping list - CD, CM, CF and RB ?

Home grown thing will be less of an issue this summer compared to last, assuming players who are expected to leave do leave it means that we can get quite a few non-homegrown players in replacement.

Ideally a HG 2nd choice keeper for me, Butland?
I think Gazzaniga has done enough to deserve the second keeper spot and it is an English 3rd choice keeper that we should have. I would get Jordan Archer from Milwall for that role. A decent enough keeper who has played well in some reasonably big games for Milwall (i.e. play off finals). I think a bonus is that he is out of contract there and has a further bonus in that he came through the youth system at Spurs so knows the club and I think would count as 'club trained'.

working on the assumption that we have a war chest of £150m and that Toby, Eriksen, Trips and Wanyama all go this summer generating another £150m, my wish list would look something like

de Ligt £70m
Ndombele £50m
Sessegnon £30m
Wan-Bissaka £50m
van de Beek £30m
and someone similar to Ziyech for about £30-50m
and the last £20 - 40m on youth

It's probably too many changes and totally unrealistic but it would give us a young group of pacey skillful footballers that would only need tweaking over the next few seasons
a) We won't spend £150m.
b) Those players you mention won't bring in £150m (especially net after agents fees and paying up remaining loyalty bonuses etc)

I think Gazzaniga has done enough to deserve the second keeper spot and it is an English 3rd choice keeper that we should have. I would get Jordan Archer from Milwall for that role. A decent enough keeper who has played well in some reasonably big games for Milwall (i.e. play off finals). I think a bonus is that he is out of contract there and has a further bonus in that he came through the youth system at Spurs so knows the club and I think would count as 'club trained'.

Archer is a Scottish international now so I can see him wanting first team footy but the idea is sound

Was linked quite heavily in Jan I think, so could be no more than people remembering that.

Cant say I see the appeal with him to be honest. People describe him as a DM but whenever Ive seen him he has roamed forward. Competent pass and move player but little else.

Though I cant claim to have watched Watford a huge amount so wouldnt suggest my view is 400% accurate.
From the bits and pieces I've seen he plays the Dembele kind of role at Watford.

TOTTENHAM ARE SPENDING MONEY AGAIN
Tottenham Hotspur are back in the big time. After they became the first club in Premier League history to go two consecutive transfer windows without signing a single player, the Champions League finalists are finally ready to dip back into the transfer market. And high up on their list of priorities is Ryan Sessegnon.

The Fulham youngster has been on Spurs' radar ever since he exploded onto the scene as a teenager during Fulham's time in the Championship and having proved his worth in the Premier League this season, Spurs are now ready to bring him north of the river.

According to Richard Cawley of London News Online, the transfer is close to being completed.

Mentioned to me today by a good source that Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham is pretty close to done.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) May 13, 2019

Sessegnon's versatility will suit Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham down to the ground. Capable of playing at left-back, left wing-back or as an orthodox winger, he should prove to be a useful asset for Pochettino, who likes to switch between formations according to his available resources and his opposition.

Sessegnon will be one of many players to depart Fulham this summer, after their £100m+ spending spree last summer could not keep them up in the top flight. The Cottagers signed an entirely new starting XI, many of whom have played at the top level of European football, but a turbulent season saw them return to the second tier with the worst defensive record in the Premier League.
As we have seen with quite a few signings that Poch has made he likes players with pace and power. Sessegnon certainly has both of those attributes. He looks like a typical Spurs buy to me. Young, talented, just about good enough now but with a huge amount of improvement left in him, fee unlikely to be too prohibitive, buying from a club who are in a bad situation.

I'm surprised players sign with him, surely they must he's taking a huge amount of money that they could get for themselves.

In any case Fifa have banned him this summer so no one will have to deal with him.

They wouldn't necessarily be getting it for themselves, he gets players huge wages and also gets them regular moves. Not what we as fans want to see but his players come out the other end of their career probably quite a bit wealthier.

Regardless, I don't think Raiola is his actual agent, I think he was brought in by De Ligt and his normal agent because they don't have experience with the size of deal that is about to happen.

I think unfortunately, De Ligt is our of reach now, which is a shame because he's an unbelievable player imo. The time to get him would have been last summer. This is not a criticism of our policy, I'm sure we tried (as we did with De Jong) but the players, probably rightly, wanted to stay and grow at Ajax a bit longer.

He was brick against West Brom.

I think he was poor in the 1st half but then turned the game around in the second, playing a huge hand in both goals.

He's also been hugely responsible for Villa climbing back up the table on his return from injury, to even get into the playoff places.

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be ripping it up in the PL but I think he's been key for Villa for months now.

Either way, I think there's a very good chance Villa will go up and if they do, I imagine he'll want to stay at least a season.

Real Madrid have offered Tottenham the chance to sign their former player Gareth Bale on loan for £10m. The Spanish club would also want Spurs to subsidise about half of the Wales forward's£600,000-a-week wages. (Sun)
Drop the loan fee and lets do it! Would work out £15 million to have Bale. Imagine him, Son and Kane as a front three the opposition would be bricking it!

All we need now is for Bale to tell Madrid that the only club he will go to is Spurs and we can get a deal done.

I think he was poor in the 1st half but then turned the game around in the second, playing a huge hand in both goals.

He's also been hugely responsible for Villa climbing back up the table on his return from injury, to even get into the playoff places.

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be ripping it up in the PL but I think he's been key for Villa for months now.

Either way, I think there's a very good chance Villa will go up and if they do, I imagine he'll want to stay at least a season.
He is a good player. I think we missed the chance to sign him for a decent fee early last summer when Levy thought he had the upper hand.

a) We won't spend £150m.
b) Those players you mention won't bring in £150m (especially net after agents fees and paying up remaining loyalty bonuses etc)

The great thing about this time of year is nobody knows what's going to happen, who we are going to buy or sell and how much its all going to cost and that makes everyone opinion equally valid and equally wrong.

I reckon the if we sell Eriksen he will make north of £100m, there is no one on the market like him at the moment, the others, well we know Toby is £25m, reports are Napoli is interested in Trippier and that's got to be around the £25m mark and Wanyama's fee should cover the expenses, so circa £150m

I hope that whatever happens we buy the players that Poch wants and we only sell those that we don't need, but in the meantime wish lists, opinions and ITK will reign supreme.

ah, so now i understand why no one is rushing in for de ligt - he is a monster at 19, captain too. He will set the world alight, whether he stays at Ajax or moves on, which is inevitable. Ziyech has a sweet left foot, but i guess we'll go with ryan sessegnon.

What is on the shopping list - CD, CM, CF and RB ?

According to UTD's scouts he will struggle to keep his fitness at a later age, they said his parents are both overweight and he's likely to head that way eventually and with his big frame would be a risk. Looks pretty healthy to me though at the moment.

Back