• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

http://sportwitness.co.uk/five-year...nham-larger-wages-anything-can-get-back-home/

Five-year deal waiting for 19-year-old at Tottenham, ‘larger wages than anything’ he can get back home
By Tom Coast -

13th May 2019

As the weeks go by, the Italian media are getting hold of more and more detail regarding Tottenham’s alleged interest in Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo.

The youngster has yet to sign a new contract with the Serie A side as both parties cannot find an agreement, and while it’s clear he would like to remain in Italy for the near future if he can, that might not be an option for him for long.

Juventus are said to be interested, as they always are when it comes to young local talent, yet there would be little guarantee of him starting in that star studded team, while Mauricio Pochettino could be more inclined to give him a chance in London.

Nothing has happened so far, but Corriere dello Sport on Sunday reiterate that Spurs have €50m or so ready to spend on Zaniolo if they so wish.

This isn’t new, as we’ve already covered it in the past, but the article also mentions the youngster has a five-year contract waiting for him in England’s capital, which includes wages ‘larger than anything he would be able to get from Italian clubs’.

Quite the enticing proposal, if you ask us, and a lot could depend on where Roma finish in Serie A this season.

They currently sit sixth, one point behind fourth with two games to go.

Jermaine Jenas has told BT Sport Score, which was broadcast on 12th May, that he wants Tottenham Hotspur to sign Wilfried Ndidi and Abdoulaye Doucoure this summer.

Tottenham are on the hunt for central midfielders, as Mauricio Pochettino looks to add depth to his squad.

And Jenas feels that Leicester City’s Ndidi and Watford’s Doucoure could step up and make an impact at a club like Tottenham.

He said: “I can see Leicester getting attacked at some point this year. Ndidi has had a good season. In line with Doucoure at Watford. These are the midfielders that Spurs, United could do with.”

Spurs sold Mousa Dembele in January and they have left themselves short in midfield.

The fact that Mauricio Pochettino has suffered with a lack of options in midfield makes Tottenham’s achievements this season even more remarkable.

Spurs have made it into the top four again, and also qualified for the Champions League final.

If Spurs were to sign either Ndidi or Doucoure over the summer, it would provide their defence with more protection for next season.

However, Spurs have been reluctant to spend big, and neither Ndidi or Doucoure would come cheaply.

Funny enough i was talking to a S/T holder at Watford over the weekend, he says there has been talk about Spurs being interested in Doucoure among them. Not sure how much truth there is in it though.

Funny enough i was talking to a S/T holder at Watford over the weekend, he says there has been talk about Spurs being interested in Doucoure among them. Not sure how much truth there is in it though.

Was linked quite heavily in Jan I think, so could be no more than people remembering that.

Cant say I see the appeal with him to be honest. People describe him as a DM but whenever Ive seen him he has roamed forward. Competent pass and move player but little else.

Though I cant claim to have watched Watford a huge amount so wouldnt suggest my view is 100% accurate.

TOTTENHAM ARE SPENDING MONEY AGAIN
Tottenham Hotspur are back in the big time. After they became the first club in Premier League history to go two consecutive transfer windows without signing a single player, the Champions League finalists are finally ready to dip back into the transfer market. And high up on their list of priorities is Ryan Sessegnon.

The Fulham youngster has been on Spurs' radar ever since he exploded onto the scene as a teenager during Fulham's time in the Championship and having proved his worth in the Premier League this season, Spurs are now ready to bring him north of the river.

According to Richard Cawley of London News Online, the transfer is close to being completed.

Mentioned to me today by a good source that Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham is pretty close to done.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) May 13, 2019

Sessegnon's versatility will suit Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham down to the ground. Capable of playing at left-back, left wing-back or as an orthodox winger, he should prove to be a useful asset for Pochettino, who likes to switch between formations according to his available resources and his opposition.

Sessegnon will be one of many players to depart Fulham this summer, after their £100m+ spending spree last summer could not keep them up in the top flight. The Cottagers signed an entirely new starting XI, many of whom have played at the top level of European football, but a turbulent season saw them return to the second tier with the worst defensive record in the Premier League.

We're playing a long term game. Short term signings make no sense for a club like Spurs, it is a game we cannot win when we look at others budgets.

Why is that? A player like Moutinho would have been invaluable to give Eriksen a rest from time to time, he would have come relatively cheap and willing to be backup.

It is unfathomable for me that we only look to sign youngsters who will then invariably come with a lot of inexperience which therefore explains dips and lack of consistency. Resale value is obviously important but it should not be the be all and end all...

https://www.footballtransfertavern....nham-rekeem-harper-can-be-the-next-dele-alli/

PREMIER LEAGUE
Tottenham: Rekeem Harper can be the next Dele Alli

ByAdam Wareing
Posted on May 13, 2019

Tottenham quite clearly know they need a commanding central midfielder to replace Mousa Dembele, and West Brom’s Rekeem Harper would fit that bill perfectly.

The Daily Mail reported earlier this month that the North London outfit are interested and what a move it would be. Yes, he might not be the biggest name to finally break the club’s transfer duck but certainly an exciting one. Indeed, he’s actually at a similar stage of his career to when Dele Alli was bought from MK Dons in 2015, and Harper could repeat Alli’s feat by jumping straight into the first-team.

The 19-year-old has impressed for West Brom this season, playing 16 games in the Championship. He’s strong, has the ability to quickly turn defence into attack and is a great firefighter for when the opposition are on the counter-attack. In essence, the perfect profile of player for Mauricio Pochettino.

His manager at West Brom’s academy has likened him to Patrick Vieira, and if he can replicate that legend’s form then he could take Spurs to the title. They aren’t that far off with the right kind of investment, after all. Of course, he’s still so young and will need to develop, but he’ll reach his potential by learning from top-quality players at Spurs.

It’s been far too long since Spurs made this kind of signing.

Harper’s contract is up in the summer, so he’ll leave for free if Spurs can tempt him. That’ll be music to Daniel Levy’s ears and means there’s no pressure on him to break into the team straight away. Ideally, he can build his quality and breakthrough in his own time.

Pochettino needs new central midfielders, and if they can secure Harper, they could see him break through like Dele Alli and become their main man in the middle for the next 10 years. It’s time for Spurs to finally do some business this summer.

Never heard of the lad, or the link, but this is exactly our sort of business isnt it?

https://www.footballtransfertavern....nham-rekeem-harper-can-be-the-next-dele-alli/

PREMIER LEAGUE

ByAdam Wareing
Posted on May 13, 2019

Tottenham quite clearly know they need a commanding central midfielder to replace Mousa Dembele, and West Brom’s Rekeem Harper would fit that bill perfectly.

The Daily Mail reported earlier this month that the North London outfit are interested and what a move it would be. Yes, he might not be the biggest name to finally break the club’s transfer duck but certainly an exciting one. Indeed, he’s actually at a similar stage of his career to when Dele Alli was bought from MK Dons in 2015, and Harper could repeat Alli’s feat by jumping straight into the first-team.

The 19-year-old has impressed for West Brom this season, playing 16 games in the Championship. He’s strong, has the ability to quickly turn defence into attack and is a great firefighter for when the opposition are on the counter-attack. In essence, the perfect profile of player for Mauricio Pochettino.

His manager at West Brom’s academy has likened him to Patrick Vieira, and if he can replicate that legend’s form then he could take Spurs to the title. They aren’t that far off with the right kind of investment, after all. Of course, he’s still so young and will need to develop, but he’ll reach his potential by learning from top-quality players at Spurs.

Harper’s contract is up in the summer, so he’ll leave for free if Spurs can tempt him. That’ll be music to Daniel Levy’s ears and means there’s no pressure on him to break into the team straight away. Ideally, he can build his quality and breakthrough in his own time.

Pochettino needs new central midfielders, and if they can secure Harper, they could see him break through like Dele Alli and become their main man in the middle for the next 10 years. It’s time for Spurs to finally do some business this summer.

Never heard of the lad, or the link, but this is exactly our sort of business isnt it?

He was linked in January
It’s a no lose signing

Why is that? A player like Moutinho would have been invaluable to give Eriksen a rest from time to time, he would have come relatively cheap and willing to be backup.

It is unfathomable for me that we only look to sign youngsters who will then invariably come with a lot of inexperience which therefore explains dips and lack of consistency. Resale value is obviously important but it should not be the be all and end all...

Resale value, wages, transfer fee, little chance of further development.

Moutinho has been a great signing for Wolves, you could argue that Llorente was intended to be a similar move for us but I see this being the exception to our normal transfer activity.

Our current model has been very successful. I could see it being adapted but not abandoned.

When he cant even oust Young from the position or get into a VERY poor Utd team at all Id suggest he isnt up to our standards.

Would much rather just stick with KWP and honestly I dont rate him particularly highly.
Quite a few players don't play that much at United..for one reason or another..and I'm not quite sure what your standard is looking at the poo ours dish up? if Bissaka don't come, I'd still sanction Trippier (and maybe Aurier) to be sold if we got good offers. the world doesn't appear awash with decent RBs. Hence It was a stop gap suggestion..

PREMIER LEAGUE

ByAdam Wareing
Posted on May 13, 2019

Of course it is. It has the magic words..'His contract is up' :D

Tottenham Hotspur are back in the big time. After they became the first club in Premier League history to go two consecutive transfer windows without signing a single player, the Champions League finalists are finally ready to dip back into the transfer market. And high up on their list of priorities is Ryan Sessegnon.

The Fulham youngster has been on Spurs' radar ever since he exploded onto the scene as a teenager during Fulham's time in the Championship and having proved his worth in the Premier League this season, Spurs are now ready to bring him north of the river.

According to Richard Cawley of London News Online, the transfer is close to being completed.

Mentioned to me today by a good source that Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham is pretty close to done.

Sessegnon's versatility will suit Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham down to the ground. Capable of playing at left-back, left wing-back or as an orthodox winger, he should prove to be a useful asset for Pochettino, who likes to switch between formations according to his available resources and his opposition.

Sessegnon will be one of many players to depart Fulham this summer, after their £100m+ spending spree last summer could not keep them up in the top flight. The Cottagers signed an entirely new starting XI, many of whom have played at the top level of European football, but a turbulent season saw them return to the second tier with the worst defensive record in the Premier League.

I had heard the same about Sessegnon - more or less agreed

http://sportwitness.co.uk/five-year...nham-larger-wages-anything-can-get-back-home/

Five-year deal waiting for 19-year-old at Tottenham, ‘larger wages than anything’ he can get back home
By Tom Coast -

13th May 2019

As the weeks go by, the Italian media are getting hold of more and more detail regarding Tottenham’s alleged interest in Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo.

The youngster has yet to sign a new contract with the Serie A side as both parties cannot find an agreement, and while it’s clear he would like to remain in Italy for the near future if he can, that might not be an option for him for long.

Juventus are said to be interested, as they always are when it comes to young local talent, yet there would be little guarantee of him starting in that star studded team, while Mauricio Pochettino could be more inclined to give him a chance in London.

Nothing has happened so far, but Corriere dello Sport on Sunday reiterate that Spurs have €50m or so ready to spend on Zaniolo if they so wish.

This isn’t new, as we’ve already covered it in the past, but the article also mentions the youngster has a five-year contract waiting for him in England’s capital, which includes wages ‘larger than anything he would be able to get from Italian clubs’.

Quite the enticing proposal, if you ask us, and a lot could depend on where Roma finish in Serie A this season.

They currently sit sixth, one point behind fourth with two games to go.

Given our last large-ish young signing from Roma was an outstanding success, why not sign another?!?!?

[tin hat on]

Quite a few players don't play that much at United..for one reason or another..and I'm not quite sure what your standard is looking at the poo ours dish up? if Bissaka don't come, I'd still sanction Trippier (and maybe Aurier) to be sold if we got good offers. the world doesn't appear awash with decent RBs. Hence It was a stop gap suggestion..
Not suggesting our RBs are particularly good, but Valencia is past it and wouldn't even be a short term option for me.

Rather just give KWP the job for a year while we scout better

I think Sessegnon always looked likely to be heading our way and now they're down I think they really have to sell.

One benefit is having Scotty Parker at Fulham who, although resigned to losing him, will undoubtedly confirm we're the place to head for.

I think Sessegnon always looked likely to be heading our way and now they're down I think they really have to sell.

One benefit is having Scotty Parker at Fulham who, although resigned to losing him, will undoubtedly confirm we're the place to head for.

He’s in his last year of his contract I think?

Back