• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Just been re-watching the goals on the official site, and it is amazing how he finds/makes the space to turn and keep the ball under control.

It has just dawned on me that if Kane recovers, Moura could start the final on the bench.

That would be a gutsy call by the boss and it could come down to how rusty he thinks Kane will be. If Kane plays, then I can only see him accommodating Moura by playing Dele as a defensive midfielder instead of Wreckless Eric (Dier).

Leaving Moura on the bench would be harsh on the fella.

It has just dawned on me that if Kane recovers, Moura could start the final on the bench.

That would be a gutsy call by the boss and it could come down to how rusty he thinks Kane will be. If Kane plays, then I can only see him accommodating Moura by playing Dele as a defensive midfielder instead of Wreckless Eric (Dier).

Leaving Moura on the bench would be harsh on the fella.

I have a feeling Poch will try and play safe and in so doing set us up to fail.

I think itll be Wanyama/Sissoko in midfield, and suspect Trippier at RB even though Mane will beast him.

And Kane will start if fit, even though he wont have played for 6 weeks (?) which will likely mean Moura on the bench.

A nice option to have to bring off, for sure, but it seems incredibly harsh on him.

We have played this before

Kane
Son Dele Moura
Eriksen Sissoko
Rose Verts Toby Trips

When we are attacking

Son Kane Moura
Rose Dele Eriksen Trips
Sissoko
Verts Toby

and defending

Moura
Son Dele Kane Eriksen Sissoko
Rose Verts Toby Trips

We all know that Victimpool, as they tend to bypass or quickly play through their midfield, and it's important to reduce space for them to run into (that's why Sissoko needs to cover Trips) but to also allow the option of a fast counterattack (Moura) and have the quality to control and play in the midfield, their weakest area, something that Barca did in parts but failed to do consistently

I have a feeling Poch will try and play safe and in so doing set us up to fail.

I think itll be Wanyama/Sissoko in midfield, and suspect Trippier at RB even though Mane will beast him.

And Kane will start if fit, even though he wont have played for 6 weeks (?) which will likely mean Moura on the bench.

A nice option to have to bring off, for sure, but it seems incredibly harsh on him.
Im minded to leave things as they are and bring Kane from the bench.

Poch bangs on about not upsetting players and Moura or Son although lovely lads, might just feel peed off if bombed out.

Plus Kane WILL be available, but it will be marginal whether he's fully fit and up to speed. Sometimes as a weapon from the bench, it just works better for the existing 11 and also the psychological blow to your opponents as they no there is a deadly plan B.

Im minded to leave things as they are and bring Kane from the bench.

Poch bangs on about not upsetting players and Moura or Son although lovely lads, might just feel peed off if bombed out.

Plus Kane WILL be available, but it will be marginal whether he's fully fit and up to speed. Sometimes as a weapon from the bench, it just works better for the existing 11 and also the psychological blow to your opponents as they no there is a deadly plan B.

That makes sense, and in theory I agree, but Id be amazed if Poch left Kane on the bench when he is fit to play.

We have suffered massively from not having a focal point up front, and that could be key in playing Liverpool.

Also, to turn your argument against you - having someone like Moura on the bench to come on late is also a deadly plan B. His pace against a tiring team when the game opens up more...

Moura must start the final, anything else would be utterly unjust.

I agree it would seem unjust if he missed out being in the starting line-up.
But ultimately there's no room for sentiment. Poch has to pick the best 11 based on player fitness, performance in training etc. and of course in line with the tactics we intend to deploy. If that means Moura drops to the bench then so be it, although it would be harsh.

Back