• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should've known that you'd want it to get sexy

original-23685-1438518735-4.jpg

Have you ever seen Ken Dodd and Cilla in the same room?

I think I must be tinkled!!! What the hell have I done.

For the record, I have never ever started an OMT in twelve or so years on Glory Glory!!!
I fear you might end up with something worse than a monkey after this one.

Is this some sort of claming joke?? One of the most important games in THE HISTORY OF THE CLUB and this absolute penile discharge of an OOMT is all we have to showcase it? @Jon I know you like to joke around on this forum and probably think you're bit of a funny guy but this is too fudging far MATE. I probably won't even bother watching now as the OMT Gods will punish us for your lack of effort.

Hate is a strong word but I absolutely fudging detest this brick-show vomit inducing thread.

3-1 Spurs.

Is this some sort of claming joke?? One of the most important games in THE HISTORY OF THE CLUB and this absolute penile discharge of an OOMT is all we have to showcase it? @Jon I know you like to joke around on this forum and probably think you're bit of a funny guy but this is too fudging far MATE. Hate is a strong word but I absolutely fudging detest you for this lack of effort.

3-1 Spurs.
i agree, it is bloody good isn't it!

I have clearly satisfied Scara's stated criteria, so victory is now a formality.

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commu...ated-site-apps-omts-blogs-see-first-post.355/

Last edited:

This is a good view into how managers prepare for a CL final - Poch must be doing something similar.

He's spot on about what the CL final means - players will be nervous, there's no getting around it. It's the biggest game in club football, it will stay with them for the rest of their lives. And their behaviour will change as the finals approach.

Klopp is a CL final veteran. This will be his third CL final - one with Dortmund, and last year's with Pool. In fact, this will be Pool's third European final in a row. They'll be prepared for this, and more at ease - especially given their history in this tournament more broadly.

Poch's biggest challenge, possibly his career-defining challenge, is to win on the first try, with us - a team, a fanbase and a club that has never been on these rarified stages before, and who never expected to be here.

The key will be normalization, much like management for big moments in any industry - make it routine, make it normal, so when the day comes, it will be more predictable, and you can think about winning. Will help prevent paralysis when the lights go on.

I think Poch already started doing that. His post-match conference after the game today was pretty business-like, pretty direct - he looked focused, and he kept reiterating that the aim now is to *win* the CL final - not just to play in it, but to *win* it. No time for reflection - maybe two days off, but then, the prep begins. And I have no doubt that the next three weeks will be relentless normalization, prepping for every single possibility and every facet of their opponents - Trippier/Aurier will know what Andy Robertson's family history looks like going back to 1200 AD by the time the game starts. :p

I hope that will be enough.

GHod, I'm sweating bullets already, and it's three weeks out. :p

We need a match song, a new one, as we had with Ozzy is on his way to Wembley, maybe something with Lucas and Sonny.

Ole, ole, ole ! Three frigging weeks to sort out if I can get tickets and visas to Madrid …

This is a good view into how managers prepare for a CL final - Poch must be doing something similar.

He's spot on about what the CL final means - players will be nervous, there's no getting around it. It's the biggest game in club football, it will stay with them for the rest of their lives. And their behaviour will change as the finals approach.

Klopp is a CL final veteran. This will be his third CL final - one with Dortmund, and last year's with Pool. In fact, this will be Pool's third European final in a row. They'll be prepared for this, and more at ease - especially given their history in this tournament more broadly.

Poch's biggest challenge, possibly his career-defining challenge, is to win on the first try, with us - a team, a fanbase and a club that has never been on these rarified stages before, and who never expected to be here.

The key will be normalization, much like management for big moments in any industry - make it routine, make it normal, so when the day comes, it will be more predictable, and you can think about winning. Will help prevent paralysis when the lights go on.

I think Poch already started doing that. His post-match conference after the game today was pretty business-like, pretty direct - he looked focused, and he kept reiterating that the aim now is to *win* the CL final - not just to play in it, but to *win* it. No time for reflection - maybe two days off, but then, the prep begins. And I have no doubt that the next three weeks will be relentless normalization, prepping for every single possibility and every facet of their opponents - Trippier/Aurier will know what Andy Robertson's family history looks like going back to 1200 AD by the time the game starts. :p

20 days is such a long time to fill.

It'll help clear up injuries but even the week after the cup final would be better.

This is one hell of an unenviable task against a side with very few, of any noticeable weaknesses.

Tribal feelings put in place we are talking about beating a side who have lost once in the league all season, and even that hinges on an 11mm goaline decision. Of course they did lose away in Europe with more regularity.

Respect is given which is why I feel we can win with a mixture of brains and composure.

Klopp like the best of us can get too emotional, it’s been cited against him before when they have fallen short in finals. I can imagine he will use the disappointment of missing out on the league as motivation to achieve reward for such an excellent season, his players will start this game like crazed animals I have absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

With that in mind I feel strongly that if we manage the first 30 minutes correctly and nullify them then we could be well on our way to pulling off something historic and incredible.

It’s vital in that first 30 minutes that we show calmness on the ball and don’t play within ourselves. My worst fear is us panicking and seeing the ball being constantly played back to Hugo’s feet as his distribution is likely to cause further anxiety and panic.

I would start the game with a solid base of two defensive midfielders, I don’t like either of our right back options against mane and Robertson, Aurier I would probably pick over Trippier but then I would be worried about him doing something rash.

Either way our first set of instructions on the ball would be to hit the flanks with direct football or centrally to a target man, be it Llorrente or Kane with Son left wing and Moura on the right.

I don’t think we should try and play possession football at all in the first half, if we do I fear the occasion could lend itself to some costly unforced errors.

I’m basing most of this with last years 2 2 result at Anfield where we absolutely bossed the second half once they had ran out of steam, it was very similar this year as well, and also evident where they lost at the Etihad where City finished ever so strongly.

Once the legs start to go, if we’re level then the tiredness and fear of missing out on two trophies could come into play. When that happens, that’s when we can finish strongly, start to bring our full backs forward and start playing football, perhaps with some worthwhile and potentially game changing subs on the hour mark.

Liverpool’s weaknesses as far as I can see is a lack of flair and killer pass in central midfield, VVD’s defensive partner and their goalkeeper can sometimes lose the plot and that’s about it.

I’d start like this...

Hugo
Aurier.Alderweireld.Vertonghen.Rose
Sissoko.Dier
Eriksen
Moura.Son
Llorrente

Kane I don’t think can get 100 per cent match fit so I would be bringing him on early in the second half. Dele I have noticeably sacrificed rightly or probably wrongly in order to carry out that first half, fifty, sixty minute plan, I’d bring him on for Dier when it’s time to switch to possession from direct...the other sub as needs must.

That’s the best I can come up with, which could all turn to poop if they score early but hey ho.

I just fear the worst if we go toe to toe with them in the opening period of the game...

Whatever happens it’s going to be emotional and it’s just par of the course of actually sinking in that we are contesting a final...the final of finals.

GHod help all of us. Coys

I've been living in Sydney for the last few years.

Played football on Saturday, kick about but a competitive one. Spurs shirt on so oh prominently .Still on Cloud 9 of course.

Couple of lads I had never met before came along and played.

Both Scouse, oh so very Scouse. Accents so thick they sounded like they were permanently spitting. Throats so clammed up with spit that they sounded like they were gurgling.

They notice my shirt and remark, with a somewhat condescending tone: "Oh.... it's your first final... isn't it"

I said: "that's correct. Should be a great match".

The fat one with the thickest accent decides to let me know
the following: "I think we will win. And win well. But Spurs have done unbelievably to get to the final... well done".

The thinner one was a little bit more charitable: "We will win. I think it'll be close though".

I just smiled and said 'let's see what happens'.

……………………………………………………………………….

So entitled, so arrogant, so smug - the definition of the worst stereotype of the Bin dippers.

Good news is, it's precisely this type of attitude that makes us very, very dangerous opponents for the Cult!

Mou is such a clever cnut. And such a cnut.

I would start the game with a solid base of two defensive midfielders, I don’t like either of our right back options against mane and Robertson, Aurier I would probably pick over Trippier but then I would be worried about him doing something rash.

You're right that the key is to plug the flanks.

Robertson and TAA need to be nullified, one way or another.

One possibility is that, if Winks is fit, we might start with him, along with Sissoko *and* Dier.

-------------------Lloris-------------------

Aurier-----Toby--------Verts------Rose

------------Sissoko------Dier------------

-------------------Winks------------------

Eriksen-----------------------------Lucas

--------------------Kane------------------

This allows Sissoko and Dier to drift to the flanks to cover if Robertson and TAA get forward, while Winks and Eriksen can cover in the middle and Aurier and Rose can aggressively push down the flanks, with Lucas buzzing around next to Kane.

It might almost look like this at times -

--------------------Lloris--------------------

------------Toby-----------Verts-----------

Sissoko-----Winks--------Eriksen------Dier
(Robertson)----------------------------(TAA)
Aurier------------------------------------Rose
------------------------------Lucas------------
---------------------Kane----------------------

This might force Robertson and TAA to stay back, lest they risk Aurier and Rose getting in behind them. Winks can sit in the middle, picking up players in the middle and springing low passes to the flanks on counters. It also means we can put Alli and Son on the bench (along with Llorente), and bring them both in as the game goes on - Alli for Dier, Son for Winksy (or someone) if we need to chase a goal. And Llorente if we need to lump it.

But the key will be to *avoid* doing what we did against Ajax, i.e, lumping it to Llorente/Kane. Ajax were unused to it, and they suffered. As Mourinho says in his video above, Matip and VVD will eat that stuff for breakfast. We need to play it around quicker.

We’ll be ok as long as we don’t concede an early goal. Unfortunately we have a habit of conceding an early goal in these key matches. If we don’t this Final then they can start finding the ribbons for us for the trophy as we’ll be taking it home.

Well listenining to 606 on the way home last night.

Do we need to bother going?? I give you...

"Tottenham are that far behind us, I cant see them in my rear-view mirror"

"Win, of course, we're playing a final against a team we beat on a regular basis"

"They will freeze, they have never been in the final before. we've won it 5 times"

"Klopp's got Pochettino's number"

Over to you Mauricio. Thats your teamtalk sorted...

Back