• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently finishing 4th means we now have to go through a qualifying round in next season’s CL.

Unless we win the trophy, of course.

Agreed. Really fudged off we were so far ahead in 3rd at one point we were 2nd and being discussed as gatecrashing the title race.

Cue 10 points from 36, we’re down to 4th, and bricking it that bloody arsenal were going to catch us.
Big deal. They didn't catch us and we weren't playing with quite the same tools as the top 2
A lot went against us this season, we had some luck too and the final position is very decent indeed

Big deal. They didn't catch us and we weren't playing with quite the same tools as the top 2
A lot went against us this season, we had some luck too and the final position is very decent indeed
I think the position 12 games ago raised expectations.

Hence the feeling of disappointment when the performances went to that of a relegation team. Another week and we’d have thrown it all away.

Meh... Eriksen set piece goal, Lamela looking decent, hopefully no injury to Alli...

Four consecutive top four finishes, CL football at our Pepsi Max, live life on the edge, Bowl next season. That is a tremendous achievement by the players, Pochettino, the coaching staff and Levy. Even if the league season finished with a whimper.

On to the big one.

I think the position 12 games ago raised expectations.

Hence the feeling of disappointment when the performances went to that of a relegation team. Another week and we’d have thrown it all away.
It did raise expectations. Too high for me as I was hoping we could sustain a title challenge to the end. But perspective gives clarity and a bit of rationality to that. Averaging it out over the whole season, it's pretty good and not exactly unfair on us.

Back