• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

There was something compelling about the way the Ajax players collapsed like a bunch of red and white skittles. The human despair at being so close - they knew they were seconds away - was of equal interest as the celebration.

ball-smashing-pins-top-view-white-background-d-rendering-falling-skittles-73237254.jpg

Last edited:
Taking a bit more of a cynical view of things, what will this win mean to us if we lose the final? The win was amazing in itself, its an insane accomplishment by poch and the team obviously, it'll bring more cash and exposure - but if we lose, what will it be worth?

Obviously not trying to slate the team in any way, I'm generally a happy clapper, just curious what you all think. :)
A defeat would still be a marker of our upward progression. Liverpool were losing finalists last year, so a win for them this time round will only serve to demonstrate what reaching the CL final can do for a club mentally.

Last edited:
I think getting to the final changes our season. We were hanging on behind City and Liverpool for half the season and then fell away. We did well to get past City and make the CL semi-final but a loss would have been a missed opportunity. This win lifts the whole club and means we have a positive last three weeks of May, despite all the losses this year. Then we are part of one of the big footballing events; even if we lose we are on the world stage. I think the gap before the game actually helps as we assess our season in a positive light.

I think all the coverage were same. As soon as Moura scored our third goal, they only showed little of his celebration and then immediately showed the Ajax players falling down one by one and the reaction of Kane. By the time they showed back our celebration, the players were already going back to their positions. It was the same after the match was over, they showed the reaction of the Ajax players too much, instead of the players celebrating. Only the personal fan cams covered our celebrations. Really annoying there were no coverage of Lloris and our bench's immediate reaction when Moura scored.

There’s plenty of footage from the non-UK channels that didn’t cut to the Ajax players the floor but followed Moura’s run to the corner.

A better or different team than Ajax would have shut it down and probably made it impossible for us. Arguably, their substitions were an attempt to shut it down, but its just not their style.
style and confidence couldn't make up from the fact that they were simply exhausted in the second half, and could not handle the "flight" aspect of the adrenaline rush when we scored twice quickly. in the end it was boys vs men, thank ghod that the men came through!

The annoying thing was the camera coverage didn't show enough of our celebration but instead showed too much of the Ajax players' reaction. They should have showed more of the players and the bench celebrating, especially Lloris coming all the way to join in.
Also the camera angles were too high. Should have lowered the ped a couple of inches. Plus the colour saturation was not deep enough. And they had the wrong lens on, should have had the 50-185 zoom not the 55-180 zoom. And the sound was rubbish too. And forget the fact that there is one set of cameras and one director for a world feed. Every camera should have been on Spurs players and staff. The fact there wasn’t an dedicated camera on the fella that fills up the lucozade bottles is a disgrace. If this isn’t rectified for June 1 I say we boycoutt the final entirely.

One of my other favourite bits is Jenas' voice after that last goal. I always thought he was playing up his feeling for Spurs as the pundits need that banter in the studio and I don't think we treated him the best. But to hear him speak in such a small, overwhelmed voice ("I can't believe it") and to hear that he was crying. Wow.

This win and reaching what is ultimately the highest level of football, and the way that we have done it, can only increase the feeling of being a team, and the togetherness. Why would any of them want to leave now? With a few additions and changes, this is just a step towards really kicking on!

This win and reaching what is ultimately the highest level of football, and the way that we have done it, can only increase the feeling of being a team, and the togetherness. Why would any of them want to leave now? With a few additions and changes, this is just a step towards really kicking on!

Yeah on your own … we are Tottenham Hotspurs if you didn't know

fudging win it, lads. WIN IT!
(can't believe I'm supposed to just walk around and do business as usual in the THREE fudging weeks until the most important game we've ever played ... how the fudge are you supposed to get anything done? I'm bricking it already ...)

Last edited:
I watched the winning goal at half speed a few times just for variation. Still gets the heart racing.
The official instagram showed a great angle. And you see the Ajax player marking Dele slip to give him room for that delicious pass. And then you see their knackered left back get close, but not close enough, to Moura. Oh, and Fernando’s flick! Like a fine wine, it improves with age.

Back