• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

It's funny. Our Champions League campaign so far is like a badly directed movie. You just wouldn't believe the plot twists if this was a movie. "Yeah, right, sure, they'll go through five mins before time by equalizing away to Barcelona ... right". "Ah, yeah, right, as if a VAR decision two minutes into injury time would save a team like that." "Ah, sure, another fudging massive plot twist, hat trick hero in 45 minutes, 5 minutes into injury time - suuuure, very realistic". It would be a terrible 90's sports movie! Let's just hope the narrative continues into the final. :D
All that's missing is a last minute bicycle kick from a Brazilian...

I've not seen anything reported so I assume there was no crowd trouble before or after the game. I had been worried there might be some.

yes that's brick also -
As much as I hate UEFA, I'm going to defend them. The CL is such a big deal precisely because it involves all (well, almost all) the big clubs. I'd say it's so big that getting to the QF stages is equivalent to getting to the final of the Europa League. I reckon more people remember losing CL finalists than Europa League winners -- unless their own club is involved, of course.

In fact, at the moment I'd say the order of prestige is something like this:

CL > > Prem > > Europa > FA Cup > League Cup

Back in the '80s, I suspect it would have been different. And closer:

European Cup > UEFA Cup > English Div 1 > FA Cup > Cup Winners' > League Cup

Of course, there are other factors. For a Spurs fan, for example, the Prem and FA Cup get added importance because we've not won them for so damn long. For a ManU or Chelsea fan, it's not so big a deal. But my point stands. If the CL was a smaller competition, it wouldn't be anything like as important as it is.

As much as I hate UEFA, I'm going to defend them. The CL is such a big deal precisely because it involves all (well, almost all) the big clubs. I'd say it's so big that getting to the QF stages is equivalent to getting to the final of the Europa League. I reckon more people remember losing CL finalists than Europa League winners -- unless their own club is involved, of course.

In fact, at the moment I'd say the order of prestige is something like this:

CL > > Prem > > Europa > FA Cup > League Cup

Back in the '80s, I suspect it would have been different. And closer:

European Cup > UEFA Cup > English Div 1 > FA Cup > Cup Winners' > League Cup

Of course, there are other factors. For a Spurs fan, for example, the Prem and FA Cup get added importance because we've not won them for so damn long. For a ManU or Chelsea fan, it's not so big a deal. But my point stands. If the CL was a smaller competition, it wouldn't be anything like as important as it is.
Let's face it, the Europa Cup is in reality the Losers' Cup.

I have still not got my voice back, what a night. This is what it is all about all the years of traveling, getting depressed, getting tinkled on, getting stranded on motorways, never getting home as often as i should, spending loads of money on Spurs, being let down by Spurs, losing jobs because i would not work weekends, i could go on.

But WHAT A NIGHT.

I still can't believe we're in the CL Final! Keep expecting something to change - these things dont happen to Spurs....we lose from winning positions, not vice-versa. Or perhaps I'm just prejudiced by the last 35 or so years of supporting Spurs....

GHod knows how I'm going to make it through to June 1st.....

Back