• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He makes our bench in Madrid a stronger looking prospect. We've missed his pure filthy attitude towards fair play. Noting that against Bournemouth we were down to nine. Still I'm glad to see him back. He played well against Liverpool in the league game if I remember right.
To be fair he came on and was having an impact straight away
Did scare me at the end but these players have a composure we can only dream of

Batbrick crazy - check
Bit of nasty streak - check
Crazy energy levels - check

We all know what we get with Lamela, its just can he get over the injuries

Perhaps if he enters the summer injury free, manages a sensible routine into pre-season he can move forward.

That said, it comes do to if we need the squad space, we won't get a cheaper option for 20-30 games a season.

Batbrick crazy - check

Perhaps if he enters the summer injury free, manages a sensible routine into pre-season he can move forward.

That said, it comes do to if we need the squad space, we won't get a cheaper option for 20-30 games a season.

He has those things which you mention however for me he doesnt get anywhere near enough goals or assists for someone supposedly in their peak years

And to back my point up, in the last 5 PL seasons he's scored a TOTAL of 14 goals and got 21 assists (and 22 yellow cards!)

His stats compare reasonably to our other players in similar positions

http://stats.squawka.com/en/compari...190423,p8813e190423,p766e190423&s=201,111,117

Interesting. What am I missing about the figures on that link - suggests Eriksen has only played 22 league games, Son in 18,...? I would have thought Eriksen has started 30-35, Son not far off that amount either....?

My point remains on him though that he doesnt seem to have much of an impact when he comes on. His attitude is great, and having a squad player who isn't getting temperamental because he's not starting is a good thing, but just doesnt seem to do enough in my view. Will be interesting to see whether he remains happy as a bit-part player as well

I kind of wanted to kill him a bit when he was fannying about with the ball at the end tho.

It was tense when Lamela lost the ball but immediately afterwards his pass almost set up our 4th goal as we went 4-on-2 against Ajax. Too bad we didn't make use of the chance. That is Lamela, a risk taker. His trick won't always work but when it does, it will help us greatly.

Last edited:
I like the way he shows an arrogance on the ball, plus the opponents know to expect a set of studs down the achilles if you mess with him.

If that Bournemouth player had punched Lamela in the back, Lamela wouldn't have even acknowledged it but 10 minutes later would have been standing on the guys nut sack while talking to the ref about the weather.

It was tense when Lamela lost the ball but immediately afterwards his pass almost set up our 4th goal as we went 4-on-2 against Ajax. Too bad we didn't make use of the chance. That is Lamela, a risk taker. His trick won't always work but when it does, it will help us greatly.

It didn’t cost us and it got the ball away from danger eventually
He also held the ball a precious few second which helped

I like the way he shows an arrogance on the ball, plus the opponents know to expect a set of studs down the achilles if you mess with him.

If that Bournemouth player had punched Lamela in the back, Lamela wouldn't have even acknowledged it but 10 minutes later would have been standing on the guys nut sack while talking to the ref about the weather.

Yep. It is the right thing to do.

Hated how the south Americans played at the world cup last summer. But it is their world we just live in it. No going back and the sooner players like son learn it the better.

It didn’t cost us and it got the ball away from danger eventually
He also held the ball a precious few second which helped
Some peeps gots to moan. You know, not getting that 4th goal was really terrible and would have made the remaining two seconds of the game much more conformable and given us much needed confidence heading into the final any team news yet?

Batbrick crazy - check

tickle my balls with a feather, its a big IF where he is concerned. Gives everything for the cause without a doubt but its no good in the sick bay most of the time.

tickle my balls with a feather, its a big IF where he is concerned. Gives everything for the cause without a doubt but its no good in the sick bay most of the time.
This for me too. Pochettino talks about acting like a big club, can a big club keep carrying an injury prone player? That doesn't only apply to Lamela.

Thought he did well against Ajax and it's good to have him back for Everton and Liverpool even though he's unlikely to start either game.

Back