• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

It's like their irrational hatred of Levy/ENIC outweighs their alleged love for the club and prevents true sharing in the current joy.
It must taint any success we have for them. How galling.

Why would it?

'Alleged love for the club', 'must taint any success we have for them'.

Christ, mate. If there's one thing I've noticed being on the opposite side to half of Glory-Glory on this, it's that the side that claims to be the better fans are usually also the ones that, in many cases, end up being the most amusingly spiteful, petty folks imaginable.

Same with the people who round on other fans for being angry or upset after a defeat - how insecure about yourself do you have to be to do that to people who care about the same thing you do? Baffles me.

Why would it?

Christ, mate. If there's one thing I've noticed being on the opposite side to half of Glory-Glory on this, it's that the side that claims to be the better fans are usually also the ones that, in many cases, end up being the most amusingly spiteful, petty folks imaginable.

Same with the people who round on other fans for being angry or upset after a defeat - how insecure about yourself do you have to be to do that to people who care about the same thing you do? Baffles me.

Yeah I’ve been pretty vocal about the summer window this week and I get the sense at times that any criticism of Levy is sometimes construed as wanting him out or thinking he’s doing a bad job when the opposite is true. In the same way I sometimes criticize Poch for selections and tactics, criticize Harry, Hugo or whoever for mistakes, I’ll also criticize Levy if I think he’s wrong. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s the best chairman on the planet or that I would contemplate the club without him.

I don’t believe there is one person on this site who wasn’t absolutely overjoyed on Wednesday evening or that wishes anything other than success for Spurs. We’re all on the same side. We just have different opinions sometimes.

I was listening to the transfer episode of Peter Crouch’s podcast (which is great fun btw) and he talked about the somewhat acrimonious end to his Spurs career. He had 2 years left and wanted to stay, but they wanted to bring ib Adebayor and Crouch was pushed out by Levy, told he wouldn’t get a squad number, etc.

That being said, Crouch said if he owned a football team he would want Daniel Levy in charge of it!
Pushed out by the chairman because the manager wanted to replace him? You could see Harry saying ‘if it was up to me I’d have you both’ but then that’s why we’re the only club he hasn’t bankrupted!

I have a suspicion the same thing happened with Janssen, except he chose to stay costing him a year of his career.

Why would it?

@DubaiSpur & @DeanoAustin I think there are two separate things

- Can we legitimately look at Levy and say "if in certain instances he had taken a little more risk we may have had a few more moments of success" (as long as we are willing to concede his long term plan is working and is comparable to any other chairman in the league)
- The reaction when we lose/draw by certain fans, again not just the "how brick were we" reaction, but the sky is falling and we need a clearout nonsense (and why are we posting more points that City, Pool, etc), and or the opinions on players like Sissoko, Son & Lucas (first year), the spacegoating since Carrick & JJ, the idiot Keane or JD questions.

Honestly for me Spurs is my escape, my chance to be tribal in a good way, the thing in life that I don't know why makes me emotional, happy, sad, etc. I've taken breaks from this board and often just avoid it now after defeats because of the overwhelming negativity and often child like reaction to anything that is not Spurs winning 3-0+. Not calling you guys out on that, but it is exactly that reaction that gets the pushback from others.

- Re Levy, I have a very different view now, I was here before him, I was here in his early days (where he made a few mistakes), I've seen us overtake other clubs one by one. I personally have no doubt there are items I can nitpick, but once you accept his strategy is long term it becomes clearer.
- I have also seen Carrick, Modric, Bale, Berbatov, VDV and others leave, and the club didn't fall apart, and the club is actually in a better place overall that it was with those players. I expect one day Eriksen, Dele, Kane or someone else we like/love/think is critical to team will leave, and Spurs will go on.

The reason I enjoy this site is opinions, not to have everyone agree with me completely … so from my perspective, keep going.

There negative reaction and then like above says, "the end is near" ready to pounce post defeat and that's to reserved for here I'm talking wider social media

Even now there is a movement saying it's in spite of levy and paper cracks

Why would it?

I am not - I don't think - speaking about anyone on Glory Glory.
Unless you feel my description accurately covers someone here.

Decent video here that without referencing Tottenham probably explains what the outlook has been from Levy and now Poch, and why someone like Harry Redknapp was only ever destined to be shorter term.

There negative reaction and then like above says, "the end is near" ready to pounce post defeat and that's to reserved for here I'm talking wider social media

Even now there is a movement saying it's in spite of levy and paper cracks

I’m fine with people having an opinion but I really cannot understand the people having a pop at Levy like that. I can’t think of another big club that’s improved organically on the pitch the same way we have in the time Levy has been here. In terms of off the pitch, he’s not just taken us to the top table, we own the top table. The stadium and training facilities aren’t just world class - they’ve redefined the term world class.

I’m honestly in awe of the job he’s done. By any measure, he’s improved every aspect of this club and he’s done wonders for the local area. The legacy he will leave behind is mind boggling.

I’m fine with people having an opinion but I really cannot understand the people having a pop at Levy like that. I can’t think of another big club that’s improved organically on the pitch the same way we have in the time Levy has been here. In terms of off the pitch, he’s not just taken us to the top table, we own the top table. The stadium and training facilities aren’t just world class - they’ve redefined the term world class.

I’m honestly in awe of the job he’s done. By any measure, he’s improved every aspect of this club and he’s done wonders for the local area. The legacy he will leave behind is mind boggling.
I agree, he’s at the “statue outside the stadium” level of contribution to this football club. IMO of course!

Why would it?

There is a difference between being upset/angry about a defeat ( after all that should be the same for all fans) but there are certain fans around and one or two one here ( you know who you are) that can not wait to stick the knife ino Levy/Enic.

No matter how far we have come under their reign there are those who fail to see the big picture and just moan about Levy and Enic. It makes me wonder why fans who fail to see past their own prejudices insist on doing that. I have been a fan for a very long time and when i say that this is the best position we have been in for decades i mean it, and without a doubt it is down to the way that Levy/Enic have rose the club from the depths we had sunk to. ( a also run club).

Are they perfect? well as i say i have been on this planet for a very long time and i have yet to meet ANYONE who is, but ( imo) anyone who nit picks the same old moans about the one thing is baffling to me and most of the supporters i come across.

There is a difference between being upset/angry about a defeat ( after all that should be the same for all fans) but there are certain fans around and one or two one here ( you know who you are) that can not wait to stick the knife ino Levy/Enic.

No matter how far we have come under their reign there are those who fail to see the big picture and just moan about Levy and Enic. It makes me wonder why fans who fail to see past their own prejudices insist on doing that. I have been a fan for a very long time and when i say that this is the best position we have been in for decades i mean it, and without a doubt it is down to the way that Levy/Enic have rose the club from the depths we had sunk to. ( a also run club).

Are they perfect? well as i say i have been on this planet for a very long time and i have yet to meet ANYONE who is, but ( imo) anyone who nit picks the same old moans about the one thing is baffling to me and most of the supporters i come across.

That's all separate to what I'm saying though, mate.

People's objections to Levy, ENIC, whomever....they might baffle you. They might make you wonder. That's totally okay.

But would you think they aren't fans, like you? That they don't care, or don't celebrate when you do?

That's a rhetorical question - I hope it is, at least. We have argued long, and hard, but I don't think I've ever gotten the sense that you've thought less of me for doing so.

But others do. And at its core, the spectacle of supporter Olympics has always disgusted me for this reason - fans pretending to be better than other fans, as if they're somehow better at being emotionally invested in something. They aren't.

As for the part about being angry about a defeat, you say that, but there are definitely folks around here who rip into their own fellow fans for daring to be upset or angry after a loss or a setback.

I am not - I don't think - speaking about anyone on Glory Glory.
Unless you feel my description accurately covers someone here.

That's not the point, though.

Do you legitimately think that a Spurs fan would be bitter about us getting to a CL final?

Any Spurs fan - anyone who cares about this club - is that something that you think is possible?

People's objections to Levy, ENIC, whomever....they might baffle you. They might make you wonder. That's totally okay.

But would you think they aren't fans, like you? That they don't care, or don't celebrate when you do?

That's a rhetorical question - I hope it is, at least. We have argued long, and hard, but I don't think I've ever gotten the sense that you've thought less of me for doing so.

But others do. And at its core, the spectacle of supporter Olympics has always disgusted me for this reason - fans pretending to be better than other fans, as if they're somehow better at being emotionally invested in something. They aren't.

As for the part about being angry about a defeat, you say that, but there are definitely folks around here who rip into their own fellow fans for daring to be upset or angry after a loss or a setback.

That's not the point, though.

Do you legitimately think that a Spurs fan would be bitter about us getting to a CL final?

Any Spurs fan - anyone who cares about this club - is that something that you think is possible?

Have you not read @Nigeyman's absurd thread?

In my opinion it is correct to call out fans who refuse to take any joy from supporting Spurs. If you take a semi final victory and twist it into an excuse to have a dig at our mentality, our history or the way we're run, then you deserve to be chastised and labelled.

No one should have to apologise for that.

Last edited:
Have you not read @Nigeyman's absurd thread?

In my opinion it is correct to call out fans who refuse to take any joy from supporting Spurs. If you take a semi final victory and twist it into an excuse to have a dig at our meteorology, our history or the way we're run, then you deserve to be chastised and labelled.

No one should have to apologise for that.

@Nigeyman had a moment of anger, and a crisis of faith. We've all been there. I have, you have, everyone has.

He was spot on with a lot of what he said, too. And still is - all of us had moments where we questioned Poch, or the team, or Spurs. Again, you did too.

But he enjoyed every second of Wednesday. That, I believe with all my heart - he said as much, and I believe as much.

And, despite everything else, on this, I believe you did too.

Going down this road of presuming what people feel when supporting Spurs is a pointless game, and my one wish is that people wouldn't do it. If we go down that road, I could point out that I was here with @Nigeyman in one of our darker moments, all the way back in 2013, when it was clear to everyone that Bale was going and we couldn't do anything about it. Little old Spurs, doomed to be picked apart yet again.

Back then, I was a different person, and maybe @Nigeyman was too. But he was a cheery sort then, trying to keep everyone's spirits up around that whole affair.

And, whatever has happened since...he's still here now, all these years later.

That's enough for me. I believe that he'll be here, win or lose. I believe *you* will be here, win or lose, although you take delight in rounding on your own fans for flaws you definitely have in spades.

We're fans. We care about this club - all of us. At the very least, we could do with accepting that as a baseline.

@Nigeyman had a moment of anger, and a crisis of faith. We've all been there. I have, you have, everyone has.

He was spot on with a lot of what he said, too. And still is - all of us had moments where we questioned Poch, or the team, or Spurs. Again, you did too.

But he enjoyed every second of Wednesday. That, I believe with all my heart - he said as much, and I believe as much.

And, despite everything else, on this, I believe you did too.

Going down this road of presuming what people feel when supporting Spurs is a pointless game, and my one wish is that people wouldn't do it. If we go down that road, I could point out that I was here with @Nigeyman in one of our darker moments, all the way back in 2013, when it was clear to everyone that Bale was going and we couldn't do anything about it. Little old Spurs, doomed to be picked apart yet again.

Back then, I was a different person, and maybe @Nigeyman was too. But he was a cheery sort then, trying to keep everyone's spirits up around that whole affair.

And, whatever has happened since...he's still here now, all these years later.

That's enough for me. I believe that he'll be here, win or lose. I believe *you* will be here, win or lose, although you take delight in rounding on your own fans for flaws you definitely have in spades.

We're fans. We care about this club - all of us. At the very least, we could do with accepting that as a baseline.

All I'd say is read my posts in the Ajax OMT. Even when we were on the brink of defeat in the 93rd minute I'd posted how proud I was. That was genuine feeling. I wasn't angry, or spiteful or claiming to be done with the club.

I'm not saying I'm immune to anger or frustration, but I will never understand fans who appear to refuse to enjoy the ride. I accept your viewpoint but I will never understand it. I also accept that I can't know what all fans are feeling. But hiding behind the veil of a right to criticise, when we've achieved our first ever European cup final is pretty weak in my eyes.

I acknowledge and appreciate your attempts lately to be better at not focusing on the negative as much, so please accept my sincere thanks for that.

The definition of being a supporter is simple for me, it's in the name. I won't be focusing on negatives when the clear trajectory of this club we love has been upward for a long, long time.

I have never thought that you are any less of a fan then me or anyone else ( really), but what i find baffling is that any time we look like we are struggling/ going backwards/ lose a game there are those who immediately jump on the Levy bandwagon ( too tight, never backs his manager, we will never achieve anything under his leadership) i could go on but its there and if we go back over the forums over the last several seasons the truth is there.

I am not a better supporter then anyone how could i be do we all not love this club?, i have been frustrated/upset/ angry over the decades with our club, our players, our leaders but unlike most/all fans i have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and for us to THINK we know what the situations are is guess work no more then that. Its nothing new for some supporters to want more/ bigger signings and when the money is not spent we castigate the man with the purse strings ( after all fans can always spend money on different players when its not their money).

We have come miles under ENIC/LEVY since they have been here ( and we all want to go further) but we are a club who has risen from the depths and without any doubt Levy is a major reason for that. I am thankfull for Levy ( but i will say as i did earlier NO he is not perfect none of us are). To be honest i feel sorry ( and yes sometimes annoyed) with those few supporters who having seen the progress we have made still castigate Levy when he does not do what THEY think he should.

Negative waves Moriarty, Negative waves.

Decent video here that without referencing Tottenham probably explains what the outlook has been from Levy and now Poch, and why someone like Harry Redknapp was only ever destined to be shorter term.

This really good, I like their films. Essential viewing.

The only thing I see recurring with so many spurs fans is an enjoyment of negativity

Despite us being in the CL final I guarantee I’d we don’t get a win tomorrow there will be plenty of people complaining

We have an ability to take a positive and find a negative

We make the CL final with the last kick which shows fight, hunger and desire I have never witnessed in my life form any team... I’ve heard people say we shouldn’t have let ourselves get in that position first and foremost... really!!!!

I mean why not revel in enjoying the best side most of us have ever enjoyed. Why not revel in making a CL final (something most of us never expected)

Or enjoy the envy form other fans who are jealous of our stadium

Or having the best striker in the world

Yeah I’ve been pretty vocal about the summer window this week and I get the sense at times that any criticism of Levy is sometimes construed as wanting him out or thinking he’s doing a bad job when the opposite is true. In the same way I sometimes criticize Poch for selections and tactics, criticize Harry, Hugo or whoever for mistakes, I’ll also criticize Levy if I think he’s wrong. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s the best chairman on the planet or that I would contemplate the club without him.

I don’t believe there is one person on this site who wasn’t absolutely overjoyed on Wednesday evening or that wishes anything other than success for Spurs. We’re all on the same side. We just have different opinions sometimes.
Am I wrong in thinking that part of the criticism of Levy has been that over the last 12 months he's not given Pochettino any money to work with? My memory might be failing me, but in my head that's a claim that's been repeatedly discussed on here.

At this time there are claims from people well connected to the club, people who are actually as close to ITK as one can be that directly refutes that claim.

If it has been the case, as many on here have suggested, that perhaps the primary reason we haven't signed anyone over the last 12 months isn't Levy, doesn't that invalidate that criticism?

Could it be that Levy and Pochettino has a much better working relationship than some of those critical of Levy have repeatedly suggested?

People were interpreting Pochettino's comments a year ago as a message to Levy about spending money. Money wasn't spent. Levy got the criticism. That seems at the very least unlikely to be valid criticism at this point.

Am I wrong in thinking that part of the criticism of Levy has been that over the last 12 months he's not given Pochettino any money to work with? My memory might be failing me, but in my head that's a claim that's been repeatedly discussed on here.

At this time there are claims from people well connected to the club, people who are actually as close to ITK as one can be that directly refutes that claim.

If it has been the case, as many on here have suggested, that perhaps the primary reason we haven't signed anyone over the last 12 months isn't Levy, doesn't that invalidate that criticism?

Could it be that Levy and Pochettino has a much better working relationship than some of those critical of Levy have repeatedly suggested?

People were interpreting Pochettino's comments a year ago as a message to Levy about spending money. Money wasn't spent. Levy got the criticism. That seems at the very least unlikely to be valid criticism at this point.

Pretty much

Speaking to a few ex pros who are associated with the club recently they said two things

The “brave comment” was meant to mean being brave in putting players on long terms contracts, and not buying playing who may not be as good as we had ... I agree with that personally as I don’t recall anyone being sold in the summer better than we had that we could have afforded and we have players like Kane and Alli and Poch too long contracts

And Poch decided not to buy, not Levy. Their is always the counter argument for that maybe we couldn’t get players that Poch wanted, but they flip side is that would have been because we couldn’t afford them... which again has a riposte that it’s Levy’s fault for not giving him enough money...

The “brave comment” was meant to mean being brave in putting players on long terms contracts...

We dont know that.

Everyone assumed "being brave" meant "spend a gazillion pounds on players!", which I absolutely refuted at the time because it was an ambiguous statement from Poch (as is often the case).

It could have meant spend loads. It could have meant spend nothing. That was the point.

At this stage, from what we know, I think it really meant only spend if its worth it - and not for the sake of it.

But even that is supposition.

Last edited:
Back