• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

It was interesting to note from Glenn Hoddle in the BT studio last night a very assured sounding comment that he knew we have had money to spend in recent windows and there will be even more to come. It's been made available by Levy and it's Pochettino's choice to not use it so far.
Alan Sugar said much the same this morning.

It was interesting to note from Glenn Hoddle in the BT studio last night a very assured sounding comment that he knew we have had money to spend in recent windows and there will be even more to come. It's been made available by Levy and it's Pochettino's choice to not use it so far.

Any links?

Did we see Levy and Poch walk onto the pitch to salute the fans at the end?

397bf7f7ae638180e0a8880d28b27a17.jpg

Lip readers have outed Danny Levy as saying to Poch, " I guess this proves we don't need any signings in the summer" :D

Best feckin chairman ever...

Sent from my SM-J600G using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Totally agree. I’ve criticised him for last summer and stand by it but the manager and players are making me look a bit of a mug. Don’t care. If we’d signed Messi last summer, I never saw us getting to a CL final.

Remember the sh!t show Levy took over. If anyone had said then that we’d be here now…well it’s just dreamland stuff isn’t it?

In a warped world like football Spurs achievements on less money is sneared at whilst many (not all) expensive failures are praised.

Yeh people will highlight how far we are behind in the league but whats been proven to a large extent is the Levy way works and yields results, many times just us falling short a the last hurdle.

Ultimately he is the best Chairman in the world and thats no a reflection on last night I thought it before. Being a chairman isnt about letting your emotions run you and the club its setting up a plan to move forward and to continue to do so when all are telling you its wrong when actually you are right, to not listen to the nay sayers who want you to dope the club like City rather than build on the foundations of what the club stands for and its legacy before and after. its takes bravery far beyond spending to look good, being willing to play the fool and shoulder the hate and frustration because you know there is an end goal, thats what being a class chairman is all about.

I saw that too. His comment of "I KNOW" and that look.

Any links?
Mate, I can still barely work out where I am.
I couldn't tell you where I saw it - YouTube or live broadcast.
As said, if you can find a download of the full BT post-match chat it's on there.
Hoddle's quiet assured tone and knowing little nod spoke an awful lot.

I genuinely believe the line that came out about the club, being Poch AND board, not wanting to waste money. If the right player wasnt available, we werent buying for the hell of it.

I also think making room for players was a key issue.

And I think its as simple as that. Everyone on the same page...

You know it as i do, sadly the fans with the voddoo doll of Levy have it out of their drawer with the pins already.

I was listening to the transfer episode of Peter Crouch’s podcast (which is great fun btw) and he talked about the somewhat acrimonious end to his Spurs career. He had 2 years left and wanted to stay, but they wanted to bring ib Adebayor and Crouch was pushed out by Levy, told he wouldn’t get a squad number, etc.

That being said, Crouch said if he owned a football team he would want Daniel Levy in charge of it!

You know it as i do, sadly the fans with the voddoo doll of Levy have it out of their drawer with the pins already.
It's like their irrational hatred of Levy/ENIC outweighs their alleged love for the club and prevents true sharing in the current joy.
It must taint any success we have for them. How galling.

Back