• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Massively, massively important that we kill this game off with a draw or win... I'm assuming the Goons will somehow slot 8 past a hapless 9 man Burnley with Donkey Adams strutting forward to smash home the 8th

Massively, massively important that we kill this game off with a draw or win... I'm assuming the Goons will somehow slot 8 past a hapless 9 man Burnley with Donkey Adams strutting forward to smash home the 8th

I know we're having a joke here,but seriously if Arsenal win at Burnley by 5 goals or more there needs to be an FA inquest into it, especially when you factor in their recent away league form.

Would be like the night Argentina had to beat Peru by 4 or more in 1978. Hey presto 6-0

Yes, certainly didnt during a certain WBA v Arsenal match on the final day a few seasons ago

I don't mean to be that guy but...can we just not with this?

Foster was injured. Fulop came in for his 1st game on the final day, having probably not realised he was going to be playing. He then made some horrible mistakes....and was diagnosed with a malignant tumour in his arm, which was operated on, he had treatment for and because of which he sadly passed away just a couple of years after that game.

Not exactly a massive leap to make that his lack of match fitness and literally soon to be fatal cancer in his arm were big contributors to his performance.

If we don't finish 4th, it won't be because of some dodgy game involving Arsenal. It will be because we've been in relegation form for 3-4 months now. We'd have nobody to blame but ourselves.

I don't mean to be that guy but...can we just not with this?

Foster was injured. Fulop came in for his 1st game on the final day, having probably not realised he was going to be playing. He then made some horrible mistakes....and was diagnosed with a malignant tumour in his arm, which was operated on, he had treatment for and because of which he sadly passed away just a couple of years after that game.

Not exactly a massive leap to make that his lack of match fitness and literally soon to be fatal cancer in his arm were big contributors to his performance.

If we don't finish 4th, it won't be because of some dodgy game involving Arsenal. It will be because we've been in relegation form for 3-4 months now. We'd have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Fulop was not some rookie - he had played a shedload of games for Cov, Sunderland, Leicester, Ipswich

He knew what he was doing, spooning the ball into his own net and acting the fool

Just because he died, doesn't mean he was a Saint

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2001–2002
MTK Budapest 0 (0)
2002–2003 BKV Előre SC 16 (0)
2003–2004 Bodajk 27 (0)
2004–2007 Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2005Chesterfield (loan) 7 (0)
2005–2006Coventry City (loan) 31 (0)
2006–2007Sunderland (loan) 1 (0)
2007–2010 Sunderland 44 (0)
2007Leicester City (loan) 24 (0)
2008Stoke City (loan) 0 (0)
2010Emirates Marketing Project (loan) 3 (0)
2010–2011 Ipswich Town 35 (0)
2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion 1 (0)
2012–2013 Asteras Tripoli 28 (0)
Total 216 (0)

Fulop was not some rookie - he had played a shedload of games for Cov, Sunderland, Leicester, Ipswich

He knew what he was doing, spooning the ball into his own net and acting the fool

Just because he died, doesn't mean he was a Saint

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2001–2002
MTK Budapest 0 (0)
2002–2003 BKV Előre SC 16 (0)
2003–2004 Bodajk 27 (0)
2004–2007 Tottenham Hotspur 0 (0)
2005Chesterfield (loan) 7 (0)
2005–2006Coventry City (loan) 31 (0)
2006–2007Sunderland (loan) 1 (0)
2007–2010 Sunderland 44 (0)
2007Leicester City (loan) 24 (0)
2008Stoke City (loan) 0 (0)
2010Emirates Marketing Project (loan) 3 (0)
2010–2011 Ipswich Town 35 (0)
2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion 1 (0)
2012–2013 Asteras Tripoli 28 (0)
Total 216 (0)

Literally none of that has anything to do with anything I said.

I didn't say he was some rookie. I said that he wasn't match ready that season, seeing as he'd played a grand total of 0 games for the entire season.

I didn't say just because he died he was a saint. I said the fact he died a couple of years after the match, from the tumour in his arm may perhaps indicate that his ability to play...with his arms...may well have compromised his ability to do basic goalkeeper things, like catching the ball or punching the ball. Because of that large, soon to be fatal, malignant ball of cells growing in his arm.

I've never understood people who think like this when it comes to football. If I genuinely thought football was that corrupt, why would I bother following it? And if I was running a club where I'd be slipping people bungs to throw matches, I'd certainly be doing it far better than going for the last day to get bloody 3rd. Especially as the importance of doing that was only even there because we a) collapsed and b) Chelsea won the CL.

It's all related - Dier and Alder's bookings against Bournemouth were the result of us overstretching going forwards, pushing for a goal.

Defending is about probabilities. The less risky bits of defending you expose yourself too, the less mistakes get made
Dier’s was the result of him being 10 minutes late for a tackle he didn’t need to be going in for as we had good cover behind him..... brainless.

Literally none of that has anything to do with anything I said.

I didn't say he was some rookie. I said that he wasn't match ready that season, seeing as he'd played a grand total of 0 games for the entire season.

I didn't say just because he died he was a saint. I said the fact he died a couple of years after the match, from the tumour in his arm may perhaps indicate that his ability to play...with his arms...may well have compromised his ability to do basic goalkeeper things, like catching the ball or punching the ball. Because of that large, soon to be fatal, malignant ball of cells growing in his arm.

I've never understood people who think like this when it comes to football. If I genuinely thought football was that corrupt, why would I bother following it? And if I was running a club where I'd be slipping people bungs to throw matches, I'd certainly be doing it far better than going for the last day to get bloody 3rd. Especially as the importance of doing that was only even there because we a) collapsed and b) Chelsea won the CL.

Err, I think if he was that incapacitated, the club would have seen it and he would not have been able to do the business at raining and would not get into the squad. Have you seen what he did? I reckon the one where he charges out of the area and barely bends down with one arm was even worse than the one where he punches the ball into his own net.

There's been a few 9-goal swings over the season, looking back over the results, but the biggest that have gone against us in any one round of games are -7 relative to Liverpool on 27 Feb (they put 5 past Watford while we lost 2-0 to Chelsea) and -6 relative to Arse on the same day (their 5-1 v Bournemouth). Our dear neighbours were on the wrong end of an 8-goal swing themselves when they lost to Leicester the other week and Liverpool caned Huddersfield. Anything can happen; it could get tense tomorrow if Everton decide to play.

I think we will get a result against Everton. No I’m sure of it. I think the positivity and team spirit going through the team will help see us there. I don’t think Everton will be too aggressive, with season coming to an end. That will allow us to play and with the motivation that this is our last home match to end the Premier League season well.

The biggest question mark lays over whether we should field our strongest team or not. I think we should, as long as they are recovered to play and not struggling from Wednesday. Any doubts should be rested with no chances taken but otherwise I say play our strongest team. We can’t be fearful of injuries as those can occur at any time and so have to play to believe and trust that they won’t. Give the players a last big send off before the league end and guarantee 4th. I’m sure the crowd will be buzzing for it as we enjoy the thrill of the forthcoming CL Final and appreciative of the players, manager, and staff for their efforts. Please make the most noise that you can every one of you who can attend.

Let’s end this season with a win and leave nothing to chance.

There's been a few 9-goal swings over the season, looking back over the results, but the biggest that have gone against us in any one round of games are -7 relative to Liverpool on 27 Feb (they put 5 past Watford while we lost 2-0 to Chelsea) and -6 relative to Arse on the same day (their 5-1 v Bournemouth). Our dear neighbours were on the wrong end of an 8-goal swing themselves when they lost to Leicester the other week and Liverpool caned Huddersfield. Anything can happen; it could get tense tomorrow if Everton decide to play.
Argh. I am even more tense now. TENSE! Clenching everything.

It was truly a limp. The 2H of the season saw some gutless performances.

Need to look at hte bigger picture:

- 4th place
- 4th consecutive CL qualification
- CL final, possibly winners
- no signings for two transfer windows
- An incredible stadium finished which massively increases the revenue which we'll make
- opponents which have massively outspent us for years and years

I think thats a pretty top season, even if it did finish (league-wise) with a whimper

Back