• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Haven’t posted since the game. Still feel overwhelmed and can’t believe what’s happened in the last 24 hours. Incredibly proud of the players and proud to be a spurs fan today. Our fans have had to put up with a lot of crap over the last 20 years but last night banished a lot of those crap times for me.

I think whatever happens we can lay the term s p u r s y to rest. Even if we don’t beat Liverpool we’ve phenomenally well to get this far.

Can’t even begin to fathom how I will feel if we do ultimately win it. Football for me would be complete. Poch would have my total blessing to go elsewhere and I will be eternally grateful to him. Haven’t thought much about the final or if we will win as I’ve just been savouring the win.

Just gutted my dad isn’t here to see it. He passed away 10 years ago next month. Winning the CL would be a bittersweet moment for me.

Wow i have been lucky enough to have been present at several glory nights but hand on heart i do not think i have been at a better one then yesterday. I am still shaking now and have lost my voice altogether ( much to the delight of my old lady), what a ending and i will admit i was bawling at the end ( more crokeing then bawling). When the players came over with Poch at the end the tears were everywhere and i am not ashamed to admit that.

Champs Lge final what a result and i would not miss it for anything.

Wow i have been lucky enough to have been present at several glory nights but hand on heart i do not think i have been at a better one then yesterday. I am still shaking now and have lost my voice altogether ( much to the delight of my old lady), what a ending and i will admit i was bawling at the end ( more crokeing then bawling). When the players came over with Poch at the end the tears were everywhere and i am not ashamed to admit that.

I watched all the post-match stuff this evening and I was in tears. I can't imagine what it must have been like to witness that in the stadium first-hand.
I know it sounds ridiculous but even if (when) we go on to win the final, topping last night's emotion is going to take some doing.

I watched all the post-match stuff this evening and I was in tears. I can't imagine what it must have been like to witness that in the stadium first-hand.
I know it sounds ridiculous but even if (when) we go on to win the final, topping last night's emotion is going to take some doing.

My old lady says i have not got a soft bone in my body and no emotion but last night the tears flowed, getting old i know but it was special.

Haven’t posted since the game. Still feel overwhelmed and can’t believe what’s happened in the last 24 hours. Incredibly proud of the players and proud to be a spurs fan today. Our fans have had to put up with a lot of crap over the last 20 years but last night banished a lot of those crap times for me.

I think whatever happens we can lay the term s p u r s y to rest. Even if we don’t beat Liverpool we’ve phenomenally well to get this far.

Can’t even begin to fathom how I will feel if we do ultimately win it. Football for me would be complete. Poch would have my total blessing to go elsewhere and I will be eternally grateful to him. Haven’t thought much about the final or if we will win as I’ve just been savouring the win.

Just gutted my dad isn’t here to see it. He passed away 10 years ago next month. Winning the CL would be a bittersweet moment for me.

This

And this too

Kane wouldn't have been allowed to travel with the squad if he wasn't in contention. I'm pretty sure Poch wouldn't have allowed distractions like that for sentimental reasons.

The whole squad don't come for a jolly on away trips. Kane didn't even go to City away. If other players are there, they will be with the directors and co., not the playing squad

It's psychological, not about logistics.
If he's a hanger-on with the squad, it's an instant reminder to everyone that we aren't at our best.
Injuries also spook non-injured players, which is why they do their rehab in isolation - the feeling of not being indestructible can't be allowed to permeate.

Seriously - watch how players go no where near a teammate when they get a bad injury - both on the pitch when it happens and longer term. You can't even text your injured pals because you can't let football become associated with injury.

Incisive insight straight from the gutter, as usual. Kane won't travel, he won't be allowed near the squad... yet Kane went into the dressing room at half time and gave the team a rollocking!

Incisive insight straight from the gutter, as usual. Kane won't travel, he won't be allowed near the squad... yet Kane went into the dressing room at half time and gave the team a rollocking!
Sometimes you need to spook the horses (uninjured players). Extreme aura management.

Back