• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial but I need to get it off my chest

In the immortal words of Mr. Michael Dean, 'Off you pop', Nigeyman.

Whether it's an exercise in misery looking for company or just in seeking attention, nothing you've said about Pochettino holds water.

Life's good these days for Spurs fans. So much to be enthused about. So much more than I can ever remember.

Off you pop.

Poch has made mistakes this season. And you're justified in feeling the way you do, mate.

But honestly, I think you're wrong on this.

I get the feeling that, more than anything else, Poch is exhausted. The players definitely are; but Poch is, too. It shows in his strange reactions, in his in-game mistakes, and in his strained press conferences.

He's tired, like the players are. That's my guess.

But can you blame someone for being tired? He's had the weight of the entire world on his shoulders for so long, we got used to his brilliance, and we never noticed the burden he was carrying.

Poch is dragging us to the end, single-handedly, with a papier mache squad full of crap owned by a relentless cheapskate that went 18 months without signing anyone.

If we are disappointed in having lost tomorrow, it will not be an indictment of Poch, but an indictment of the men upstairs who coldly demanded miracles from a man given brick and told to turn it into gold.
I think with all the comments made by Poch over the last few hours, it’s clear this post is 100% bang on what has happened.

Poch has real ambition, wants to be at the very top, and has been working with his hands tied behind his back due to his loyalty having signed a contract.

Levy needs to back him big time now or will lose him. We need the squad depth to match the world class; stadium, training ground, champions league status, and......manager!

In the immortal words of Mr. Michael Dean, 'Off you pop', Nigeyman.

Whether it's an exercise in misery looking for company or just in seeking attention, nothing you've said about Pochettino holds water.

Life's good these days for Spurs fans. So much to be enthused about. So much more than I can ever remember.

Off you pop.

Enough with the low blows...something I’d never do to another poster on here regardless of their views...

Again in the op I apologised if it put anyone on a downer. Be happy and enjoy.

Also in the op I stated a fear that he lacks what it takes to get us over the line and win when it counts.

I’ll pop off...if after the final and we win I’ll be back on here...to offer you and the rest my unreserved apologies for losing faith and being completely wrong...

If we lose I’ll be gutted just like you and won’t bother.

I hope that’s okay with you and carries water. And I hope I’m back on here grovelling for forgiveness with the knowledge I’m unlikely to get it.

Last edited:
Nigeyman is entitled to have a view. I absolutely disagree with it but he articulated it well and, if we’re all honest, in our darkest moments we’ve probably had shades of the same thoughts.

But fudge me. fudging fudge me. Personally, I’ve had a bit of a nightmare 12 months. Supporting this club has kept me going at times. Little I’ve ever experienced supporting this club compares to last night. I genuinely don’t even have the words to articulate how I feel.

I love this fudging football club.

Enough with the low blows...something I’d never do to another poster on here regardless of their views...

Again in the op I apologised if it put anyone on a downer. Be happy and enjoy.

Also in the op I stated a fear that he lacks what it takes to get us over the line and win when it counts.

I’ll pop off...if after the final and we win I’ll be back on here...to offer you and the rest my unreserved apologies for losing faith and being completely wrong...

If we lose I’ll be gutted just like you and won’t bother.

I hope that’s okay with you and carries water. And I hope I’m back on here grovelling for forgiveness with the knowledge I’m unlikely to get it.

Dont be to hard on yourself, it is years of supporting Tottenham that has made us not believing in ourselves. I said in the match thread that I did not think Moura was enough of a goal threat, then the second half happens.

We all get things wrong about football.

Dont be to hard on yourself, it is years of supporting Tottenham that has made us not believing in ourselves. I said in the match thread that I did not think Moura was enough of a goal threat, then the second half happens.

We all get things wrong about football.

Thanks for that, honestly my own sense and feeling of shame for not believing we could overcome Ajax is worse than what some have put on here.

I put my thoughts out there as any would do but of course I need to own what I’ve said and face the backlash on here...

Although some people go to far even though my thoughts may have been their own at some point.

Honestly the worst of it is people thinking I wanted a bad night or a bad future just to prove a point.

Mates were texting me at ht saying spineless and gutless. Again if people really think I’d have been happy on here having been knocked out I truly despair...

I’ve been a naughty boy no doubt, but truly I’m happy that last night wasn’t our biggest game ever..that’s to come.

Nigeyman is entitled to have a view. I absolutely disagree with it but he articulated it well and, if we’re all honest, in our darkest moments we’ve probably had shades of the same thoughts.

But fudge me. fudging fudge me. Personally, I’ve had a bit of a nightmare 12 months. Supporting this club has kept me going at times. Little I’ve ever experienced supporting this club compares to last night. I genuinely don’t even have the words to articulate how I feel.

I love this fudging football club.

I’m so happy your feeling over the moon and what you said in the opening paragraph means a great deal to me so thank you.

Thanks for that, honestly my own sense and feeling of shame for not believing we could overcome Ajax is worse than what some have put on here.

I put my thoughts out there as any would do but of course I need to own what I’ve said and face the backlash on here...

Although some people go to far even though my thoughts may have been their own at some point.

Honestly the worst of it is people thinking I wanted a bad night or a bad future just to prove a point.

Mates were texting me at ht saying spineless and gutless. Again if people really think I’d have been happy on here having been knocked out I truly despair...

I’ve been a naughty boy no doubt, but truly I’m happy that last night wasn’t our biggest game ever..that’s to come.

Don't do sick brick with kids or nasty stuff to animals and I will let everything else go because your a fellow yid.

If you have no faith still with us going to the CL and reserving judgement on the final result then I have to question you really. Poch for me does not really need to prove himself to me, does he make mistakes, yeh course he does, but the crap on not winning big games is just trendy, abit like being called sexy.

If you feel as a fan you feel you deserve more than Poch is giving even before the CL campaign I would question you, what he delivers year in year out takes more than the odd cup win as our glorious history proves because for all the one off trophies we won over the years we never consistently performed in the long run over numerous campaigns as we have now, if you can't see that or the bigger picture then your deluded in my humble opinion and I will judge you in the same way you judge Poch, because thats the world.

Even Hoddle said a few times about Spurs when he played that they didnt have what he took mentally to do it in the league week in week out, but the trophies as nice as they were masked the club in probably it truest "weak" phase if there is any.

If you have no faith still with us going to the CL and reserving judgement on the final result then I have to question you really. Poch for me does not really need to prove himself to me, does he make mistakes, yeh course he does, but the crap on not winning big games is just trendy, abit like being called sexy.

If you feel as a fan you feel you deserve more than Poch is giving even before the CL campaign I would question you, what he delivers year in year out takes more than the odd cup win as our glorious history proves because for all the one off trophies we won over the years we never consistently performed in the long run over numerous campaigns as we have now, if you can't see that or the bigger picture then your deluded in my humble opinion and I will judge you in the same way you judge Poch, because thats the world.

Even Hoddle said a few times about Spurs when he played that they didnt have what he took mentally to do it in the league week in week out, but the trophies as nice as they were masked the club in probably it truest "weak" phase if there is any.

To quote our manager...

‘We have to start acting like a big club’

For me that means going into big games with the expectation to win, not just feeling pride for getting close, or just maintaining top 4.

Any manager at a top club needs to constantly prove himself and deliver the goods when needed.

It’s fine for you to judge me that way, no problems with that at all.

It’s also fair for me to point out my frustrations in that many seem horribly content just to finish top 4 and coming close in the league cup as an achievement, or just happy to be in ucl final because we’re little spurs, the 11th or 12th richest club in the world, and it’s amazing just that we’re there.

So yes for me our season does hinge on one game because if we think like a big club anything less than silverware should be considered a failure right???

A few years down the line I wouldn’t remember with fondness that we qualified for top 4 and bravely went down in the European cup final.

The other scenario would be truly special and the first important step in us acting and being a big club.

To quote our manager...

You are missing a very valuable point, we need to start acting like a big club, 100% but that does not mean that expectation levels of the fans need to grow bigger than the current reality.

Poch's words were not a green light for every fan to then expect the biggest titles, its taken, like many comments out of context. All about key words...We must START acting like a big club, which means we are at the start of that journey (haven't won league since 61) so if you are basing your expectations on Poch press comments then you are deluded. Simple as that.

I have always known you as a fun poster. This was a curious and out of character one IMO, thus my question and then further comment.
I think it comes down to fear.
The fear of losing more than the hope of winning, and not wanting to enjoy the ride for fear of being let down.

Enjoy the ride.

To quote our manager...

For me that means going into big games with the expectation to win, not just feeling pride for getting close, or just maintaining top 4.

Any manager at a top club needs to constantly prove himself and deliver the goods when needed.

It’s fine for you to judge me that way, no problems with that at all.

It’s also fair for me to point out my frustrations in that many seem horribly content just to finish top 4 and coming close in the league cup as an achievement, or just happy to be in ucl final because we’re little spurs, the 11th or 12th richest club in the world, and it’s amazing just that we’re there.

So yes for me our season does hinge on one game because if we think like a big club anything less than silverware should be considered a failure right???

A few years down the line I wouldn’t remember with fondness that we qualified for top 4 and bravely went down in the European cup final.

The other scenario would be truly special and the first important step in us acting and being a big club.

Nigey...we are over-achieving in this current phase of time, thankfully we maintained out over-achievement on the field so as the stadium caught up. Now it is in sync.

If you believe it all hinges on one game then I think you're missing a bigger picture.

As for the "being a big club", let me assure you most definitely that Tottenham Hotspur is a MASSIVE fudging club, with PIONEERING history, and no amount of metro-dollar-stuffed tossery can take that away. The best players in the world came before Sky and the Prem. They really did. People talk about Messi, and he is brilliant, but Maradona he isn't...anyway...

If anyone thinks we have hit a brick wall and are struggling then think back to the 90's when we were a also run club. Since Levy came in look what progress we have made, it was never going to be easy competing for the top and yet we are nearly there.

New Stadium, terrific training options, some truely world class players, one of the best managers in the game, a great future income. We are getting there and how anyone thinks we are not amazes me.

I know its all about opinons but we have been trying to break the monopoly of the money clubs and the final step is the hardest but we are getting there.

I think we should cut Nigeyman a lot of slack. When you've been conditioned to failure, as many of us have, it is very hard to believe that things can be different. I respect Nigey's honesty, though clearly he paid for it in a fair amount of grief on here!!
CL final...astonishing, and you just got to hope this is the start not the end. When Harry Rednapp left, I wondered if that team with Modric and Bale was as good as it gets. But then Poch raises the bar. And now, despite a painful end of season in the league, here we are in the CL. Maybe we all need to start believing, Nigeyman, me and i'm sure others on here too......

You are missing a very valuable point, we need to start acting like a big club, 400% but that does not mean that expectation levels of the fans need to grow bigger than the current reality.

Poch's words were not a green light for every fan to then expect the biggest titles, its taken, like many comments out of context. All about key words...We must START acting like a big club, which means we are at the start of that journey (haven't won league since 61) so if you are basing your expectations on Poch press comments then you are deluded. Simple as that.

If I’m deluded because I define a successful season as one where we achieve something beautiful then I’m happy to be deluded.

I’m basing that on my own beliefs as to what defines success, I was merely pointing out what Pochettino had said which sets a different benchmark on how the club should be, including its fanbase.

I didn’t realise there was a fixed point in time where we change our way of thinking from small time to big time, hopefully I’ll find out soon when it’s okay to think like that.

‘The game is about glory’

I have always known you as a fun poster. This was a curious and out of character one IMO, thus my question and then further comment.
I think it comes down to fear.
The fear of losing more than the hope of winning, and not wanting to enjoy the ride for fear of being let down.

Enjoy the ride.

And I have always known you to be understanding and patient which is very much appreciated.

I also know you love this club as a father would love a child and will defend it to the hilt.

Perhaps I’m to anxious to get my child over the line too...and being a pushy parent anxious to see success and good times for that child..

Your 100 percent spot on. I am afraid, fearful of getting so close to something incredible only to see it be snatched away.

I feel like I can’t enjoy the ride anymore, getting over the line, rightly or wrongly is the only thing that matters to me now...I dearly wish us to win the big one and not be nearly men...

Whilst I know we won’t see eye to eye in that particular way of thinking, I hope you can understand this.

What shouldn’t of happened is my darkest fears and concerns affecting anyone’s enjoyment of what is a fabulous achievement...

Getting to the final!

For any fellow spur that felt that way after reading my thoughts then please know that I’m deeply remorseful for that.

Back