• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Unbelievable ! Never thought we would ever be in the CL final ! At least not in the way we did ! We always enjoy doing it the hard way, don't we ! In a traditional Spurs way, we made it difficult for ourselves by conceding 2 early goals to trail 0-3 on aggregate but then did well to make it 3-3 to win on away goals rules. Don't think we ever come back from being 0-3 down away to progress in any important Cup matches before ! Hope we will now go on to win the CL for the first time ever !

Credit to Moura for getting the hattrick ! Amazingly, Moura is the first ever Brazilian to score a hattrick in a CL semi final ! For once Moura scored like a true Brazilian ! Moura has scored some important goals for us this season but still wasted too many goal scoring chances. But fortunately for us, this time, the Brazilian in Moura decided to wake up just when we needed it most ! Thought Son would be our match winner but he had a poor game. Son was unlucky to hit the post early in the match but he really should have scored the one-on-one chance after that. Credit to Alli for assisting 2 goals for Moura, especially the perfect pass for our winning goal. Llorente helped to change the game for us after coming on. Llorente didn't really have a good match as he wasted a few chances but he caused panic in the Ajax defence. Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on but helped to improve our attack.

Our midfield started poorly but improved in the second half. Sissoko worked hard as usual to help our attack and defence. In fact, it was Sissoko's long cross that helped to set up our winning goal. Wanyama had a poor match and made too many mistakes. Really worried about Wanyama's performance as nothing went right for him. Crucially we played much better when we replaced Wanyama with Llorente in the second half.

Our defence conceded 2 poor goals. It was annoying to see us concede yet another early goal. Our defence looked nervy from the start. Fortunately for us, we defended much better in the second half. But we we did ride our luck a few times, especially when they hit the post. Lloris too kept us in the game with a few important saves. Vertonghen was unlucky when his header hit the post late in the match as well. It was worrying to see Vertonghen in protective boots after the match. Hope he will be fully fit for the Final.

It is great to be in our first ever CL final ! It was emotional the way we celebrated it after the match was over ! We need to do all we can to win it now ! Would have preferred to face Barcelona than Liverpool in the Final. Liverpool knows all about us and will be tougher than Barcelona. But hope will do our best to beat them and win the CL for the first time ever ! Watched the match with my 15yo and 12yo nephews and it was emotional the way they celebrated our winning goal like mad ! It will be even better if we can actually win the CL ! Hope we will now win our first trophy since 2008 by winning the CL ! Special mention about Ajax, their defeat proves that kids cannot win you trophies as they had too many young players. Also, Netherlands and their clubs will always be the biggest bottlers of world football.

And let's not forget a massive thanks to PSV. No reason to try their hearts out against Inter...they get their just reward...they knew we were the only team capable of knocking out Ajax.
PSV had a crystal ball......break Ajax hearts

Seriously, this whole story has so many layers.

Add in
Everton final game of the season won't want to go too hard so we beat Liverpool.
Currently Arsenal manager sold us last night's hero.

So many sub plots. If it were a script, it would be rejected as fanciful nonsense!

We've won the moral victory. Showing everyone the proper way to build a real football club and team. Regardless of the outcome of the final I think we would have won the hearts and minds of many neutrals.

Our two heroes today - poch and moura - speak of heroism, of passion for football and pride of the team which is family, and humbly thanking the beautiful game and GHod-given opportunity to be part of it. So glad I support spurs, now young sons understand why and I can see that they will grow up with these memories, and the right reasons for supporting spurs.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It really does make interesting reading.

Match Day 4. 2 minutes plus added time from being knocked out. Kane scores the winner
Match Day 5. 10 minutes plus added time from going out Eriksen scores the winner
Match Day 6. 5 minues plus added time from going out. Moura grabs an equaliser

Quarter-final. We were out and VAR correctly reinstated us
And last, only one person knows how many seconds we were from elimination

As somebody posted somewhere. Five times we have reached the exit door, only to turn round and kick the f#cker shut.

Is it finally our turn? Or is somebody up there just teasing us.

Fifty years of Spurs. All I have ever wanted was to see us win one league title or European Cup before I pop my clogs.

Somebody up there, have a heart, Liverpool have had the pleasure 5 times already, not asking much for us to have one night ourselves is it?

I refer you to side 2, track 4 of Let it Bleed by The Stones

It may not have been a great tactical or technically game, but when 2 good teams set out to win a game playing football in the right way it's probably the most exciting game in the world. I know I'm bias but it was a far better game than the other semi as both teams gave their all and can be proud of their part in it.

A better or different team than Ajax would have shut it down and probably made it impossible for us. Arguably, their substitions were an attempt to shut it down, but its just not their style.

This was a weird experience. I was nervous, but in the same way you are nervous when you watch a suspenseful scene in a movie you have already seen before and know what will happen in the end. I somehow knew that 3rd goal was coming, just didn't know when exactly.

And I am calmly optimistic about the final. COYMFS!!!!!!!!!!

The second they hit the post I knew we were going to be fine.

We have been on the other end of that sort of footballing fortune so many times I know how to recognise it.

How often have we played well, made a few chances, hit the post or shot just wide, only for the other team to go up our end and score?

The writing was on the wall, and I honestly think only a Spurs fan can read it!

They are but I think in this instance, the TV money is based on where you placed last season and always has been. Which is part of the reason I don't subscribe to 3rd or 4th doesn't matter. 3rd doubles our share of the TV money, not insignificant.

While I agree - not quite right.

THe pool is split in two.

One half based on PL finish (1st=40%, 2nd=30%, 3rd=20% and 4th=10%), the other half based on how far into the CL you go (how many games)

Last night.

Wow.

I think it is incredible the will, grit, determination and belief we showed. Just incredible. And its the sort of thing that, IMO, evolves a team to higher levels.

I actually thought we were unlucky to be 2-0 down. It was clear lessons were learned from the first leg, and even so events conspired against us.

But we werent playing badly.

And then second half, well words fail me...

While I agree - not quite right.

THe pool is split in two.

One half based on PL finish (1st=40%, 2nd=30%, 3rd=20% and 4th=10%), the other half based on how far into the CL you go (how many games)

That was before this season. There is now a new component based on a UEFA coefficient, which is why Liverpool get more than us despite our higher league finish, and United get as much as they do. There was a proposal to give extra cash to past winners of the tournament, but this seems to be the compromise. I think the coefficient is over ten years, but I'm not sure if its CL only or EL as well.

I thought that was seperate?

Yes, I think you are right (see below). I think it might be funded from the TV pools, as the English TV pool seems smaller than I remember.

[edit] Here is the TV pool from last year. The English pool is down from 138m to 67m, so it looks like half the TV pool is used to fund the UEFA coefficient, i.e. England and Italy help Real and Barca.

Last edited:
Back