• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Ndombele is a beast of a player, the best way to describe him is as a vertical Dembele. Where Moose done his business on that horizontal axis (apart from that surge forwards against Arsenal) Ndombele is a press resistant midfielder that breaks the lines.

I think he’s still highly rated but where would he go?

If he wants CL football he won’t go to United and possibly Arsenal - can Arsenal even afford the wages?

Chelsea can’t

Real are spunking millions on attackers

Emirates Marketing Project are struggling with HGP

That only leaves Us/Barca/Juve/PSG

Lots of ifs and buts in that of course.

Barca are signing de Jong and Rabbiot for that position. And PSG are pretty much a sideways move (the French league is still second division in terms of European leagues)

I'd say us or Juve seem the most obvious

Interesting, match recap with Hoddle, Rio & Lineker tonight.

Hoddle was adamant that he knew Spurs had money to spend last summer and Poch chose not to spend it .. the other guys questioned him and he repeated, he knew it as a fact.

Well we did go for De Jong as verified by the player himself.

after consideration. My list.

1. N'Dombele ( 70m plus? )
2. De Ligt ( 70m plus? )
3. Wan Bassaka ( 40m plus? )
4. Malcolm ( 30m )

All these players wages we could afford I Think. With the Champions league run, the TV money and not having spent a penny for a while. And money in from Toby if he goes? got to keep Eriksen. 200m spent. Cant see it but that is how I would go crazy. With them we really could have a tilt at the title next season.

We will never be in a better place to act early and get our main targets.

CL final
New ground
Training centre
Chelsea ban
City potential having to be careful

WE must look very attractive now surely. The Training Facilities are amazing. the Stadium is amazing. We are in London. We have been regular top 4 and showing we can almost taste the top. And now with this CL run. It kind of feels like a now or never if we really want to push on and really challenge.

We will never be in a better place to act early and get our main targets.

CL final
New ground
Training centre
Chelsea ban
City potential having to be careful
I think that's right. The other side of that is the uncertainty with Alderweireld and Eriksen which makes it harder for us to move early as what we need depends on what happens with those players. And the fact that we will still pay lower wages than the richest clubs so some players might wait for other offers.

2. De Ligt ( 70m plus? )
4. Malcolm ( 30m )

All these players wages we could afford I Think. With the Champions league run, the TV money and not having spent a penny for a while. And money in from Toby if he goes? got to keep Eriksen. 200m spent. Cant see it but that is how I would go crazy. With them we really could have a tilt at the title next season.

I'd swap Malcolm for Sessegnon (Malcolm is just a poor man's Moura, whereas Sessegnon is more versatile and can be trained into a LB), but that would be my 4 too.

A 5th would maybe be a young mini-Kane like Jann-Fiete Arp

I'd swap Malcolm for Sessegnon (Malcolm is just a poor man's Moura, whereas Sessegnon is more versatile and can be trained into a LB), but that would be my 4 too.

A 5th would maybe be a young mini-Kane like Jann-Fiete Arp

Arp is off to Bayern isnt he?

I would try and sign the ones you mentioned and perhaps look at some young championship players with a loan back someone like Lloyd Kelly who really impresses me.

Arp is off to Bayern isnt he?

I would try and sign the ones you mentioned and perhaps look at some young championship players with a loan back someone like Lloyd Kelly who really impresses me.

It's been rumoured, like it is with Bayern and all promising young Bundesliga players. But I don't think anything has been signed yet.

Hoddle was adamant that he knew Spurs had money to spend last summer and Poch chose not to spend it .. the other guys questioned him and he repeated, he knew it as a fact.

He def confirmed he 'knew' we had money to spend but didnt when Lineker wasnt sure BUT that's all. We will never know if we didnt spend it because the only ones we could get were not his first choices etc.

A bit like when Mourinho says he wants Bale, Ronaldo, Van Dijk etc and is unhappy when he cant get them and blames everyone.

If we aimed high and couldn't get them then maybe it's better to wait a while and reassess. Not ideal but you would have to say we are a much more attractive prospect to potential signings this summer

Hoddle obviously knows Levy (ex-boss for a few years), but my first though was it must be from Ossie, who is clearly close to Poch

2. De Ligt ( 70m plus? )
4. Malcolm ( 30m )

Personally I dont think we'll be able to get de Ligt and we only need a CB if Toby goes. Ideally I'd to see the following, or players in these positions:
1. NDombele
2. Wan B
3. An attacker in the Son/Martial mould (ie can play CF or off a CF)
4. Sessegnon (long-term, nice-to-have signing, whereas the above 3 are all needed today)

If we sell Trippier, Janssen, GKN and Lamela we might be able to add say £50m to whatever is available. Might still be a little short, depending on prices

Surely in Moura we already have a player who can somewhat step in for Son and/or Kane? (Especially after last night!) think a bigger priority is someone who can step in for Alli and/or Eriksen.

Back