• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

vNjoBHl.jpg

Being suspended is no joke Scara, we could have done with Bassong at many points this season. Thankfully our Dutch CB's have been consistent at the back.
They could have made all the difference had we finished 5th and runners up in the league cup.

That Sissoko stat (like all figures) needs to be viewing with the full contextual evidence - watching the game.
Sissoko ran more with the ball.
Ajax let him run from deep and doubled up when he got to an area to feed another player. His work was really good and in the end caused Ajax problems.
But Ajax were tactically smart all over the pitch, especially first half. They knew every players strength and nullified it. And then focused on our weaknesses;
Trippier in behind.
Sissoko passing in tight areas under pressure.
Tracking midfield runners when the ball is cut back.

But second half Sissokos energy and drive was essential to upset them. It's easy to defend a passing team if your well drilled. Power and pace is harder.

That Sissoko stat (like all figures) needs to be viewing with the full contextual evidence - watching the game.
Sissoko ran more with the ball.
Ajax let him run from deep and doubled up when he got to an area to feed another player. His work was really good and in the end caused Ajax problems.
But Ajax were tactically smart all over the pitch, especially first half. They knew every players strength and nullified it. And then focused on our weaknesses;
Trippier in behind.
Sissoko passing in tight areas under pressure.
Tracking midfield runners when the ball is cut back.

But second half Sissokos energy and drive was essential to upset them. It's easy to defend a passing team if your well drilled. Power and pace is harder.
I think it's indicative of his style and why people are confused into thinking he's good.

He runs with the ball a lot from deep, but very rarely progresses that ball to a Spurs player in the final 3rd. It's a bit like getting all excited over a corner - it looks like it's something good, but the chances of a beneficial outcome were actually very low.

If Sissoko gives the Bindippers the ball 12 times in the final, we will get raped

I think it's indicative of his style and why people are confused into thinking he's good.

He runs with the ball a lot from deep, but very rarely progresses that ball to a Spurs player in the final 3rd. It's a bit like getting all excited over a corner - it looks like it's something good, but the chances of a beneficial outcome were actually very low.

If Sissoko gives the Bindippers the ball 12 times in the final, we will get raped
Rapist.

Scara.
Nigeyman is looking for miserable company.
A room for the pair of you perhaps? I hear he's sworn off tossing and is focussed on June 1st.
I'm berry habby. I just want to win the final now and if we're to do that, we'll need to do something very different in midfield to what we've done for most of this season

Sissoko was immense again. His surging, beast-mode runs out of our end and well into the Ajax half were vital in relieving pressure and creating attacks for us. Pulled Ajax players out of position all over the pitch to try and stop him. Also made some fine defensive interventions, especially in the 93rd minute when Ajax quickly countered and he ran back to block Sinkgraven before Lloris made that vital stop on Ziyech to save the game.

Really intelligent and skillful play of the ball to chip it forward for Llorente to begin the sequence of play for the winning goal. Could have easily punted it longer, but floated up a superbly weighted 40-yard pass that gave Llorente time to gain position and strategic planning for his chip of the ball to Alli who put Moura through on goal.

Will be vital for the CL final.

Huge show of trust from Pochettino to leave him on the pitch on a yellow for the deep midfield role. Perhaps not much of a choice as he's performed so much better than Wanyama and Dier, but that is a very difficult job. And he played it very well, disciplined, spot on.

‘A final word, too, for Moussa Sissoko, whose story is not really a tactical triumph, or much to do with football at all, but is instead something more human. Sissoko is not supposed to be here. He was meant to become another note in the Premier League’s natural wastage. His career uplift is a parable of the virtues of team building and patience, even of the merits of a little desperation.’

Quote from the Guardian article Milo posted in the OMT. Fair for both viewpoints?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

‘A final word, too, for Moussa Sissoko, whose story is not really a tactical triumph, or much to do with football at all, but is instead something more human. Sissoko is not supposed to be here. He was meant to become another note in the Premier League’s natural wastage. His career uplift is a parable of the virtues of team building and patience, even of the merits of a little desperation.’

Quote from the Guardian article Milo posted in the OMT. Fair for both viewpoints?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
That is true to an extent.

His tactical development from a roaming attacking midfielder who was mainly a counter attacking threat to a disciplined and quality defensive midfielder is a massive achievement from Sissoko, Pochettino and the coaching staff.

He's currently clearly first choice on form. But not only because Dier and Wanyama are way off form. They will have to return to their best to compete with Sissoko for being first choice in that role imo.

Sissoko was immense again. His surging, beast-mode runs out of our end and well into the Ajax half were vital in relieving pressure and creating attacks for us. Pulled Ajax players out of position all over the pitch to try and stop him. Also made some fine defensive interventions, especially in the 93rd minute when Ajax quickly countered and he ran back to block Sinkgraven before Lloris made that vital stop on Ziyech to save the game.

Really intelligent and skillful play of the ball to chip it forward for Llorente to begin the sequence of play for the winning goal. Could have easily punted it longer, but floated up a superbly weighted 40-yard pass that gave Llorente time to gain position and strategic planning for his chip of the ball to Alli who put Moura through on goal.

Will be vital for the CL final.

Agree that he was excellent last night, as he has been all season. Our player of the year in my view.

HOWEVER, I can't work out whether your second para above was sarcastic or not?!? It was just a punt forward - calling it a skillful, floated pass is a gross exageration! Had the right effect though!

Back