• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial but I need to get it off my chest

Who cares?

Tonight isn't about the current manager or players -- its about the fans and the journey of the club we've all supported for a long time.

As the game kicks off pretty much every Spurs fan you have ever known will be cheering on the team with their friends and families. Spurs shirts will be worn all around the world as the Lilywhites kick off the biggest match in a lot of our lifetimes. If we win then the match will be part of Tottenham's illustrious history forever, we can then repeat it all in the final.

The future of individuals doesn't matter today.

Cheer the badge, the shirt, and Spurs fans you have known throughout the years as ultimately that's what makes this club what it is.

COYS!!

Poch has always talked about creating a legacy at Spurs something akin to Ferguson and Wenger and I don't see that changing unless he's forced to re-evaluate due to lack of backing.

I'd agree this feels like a poor season for us with so many defeats, but we've had awful luck with injuries and no transfers for 18 months and still managed to all but guarantee CL again next season.

Poch needs to be backed this summer, the squad has gone a little stale and as we know some players are going to be leaving due to contracts, but I have complete faith that given the right backing Poch can get this squad back to challenging for the PL again.

We have a state of the art stadium which will help take us to the next level financially and the best manager in the league, things look in great shape.

Mate, I get your frustration and I commend you for stating opinions that you know will be unpopular.

Poch is not without fault, nobody is.

However, I do not blame him for this season. He has been dealt an incredibly difficult hand, with injuries, the world cup, the stadium, the lack of investment in the squad (which, I don't care what anyone tries to tell me, is a massive fudge up and us throwing Poch into a gunfight with a knife).

I think this summer will be a watershed moment for the club and we need a bit of a rebuild.

The other things I'll say about Poch is that he looks a bit jaded this season, a bit fed up. I think its also the first time he's really come in for any real sustained criticism. That may be playing in his mind and may have impacted on how he has been responding, which is why he keeps on bringing up the very different circumstances we have to operate under.

The caveat I will say to the above is that 5 years is a long time in modern football. The likes of Ferguson and Wenger are exceptions and most managers don't last that long at a club. I think only Howe has been at his club for longer.

I hope Poch is added to those exceptions for us but I would understand completely if he feels burnt out and feels he needs a break. If he does, CL trophy or not, he'll have been a huge boon for the club and one of the best things thats happened to us in our recent history.

If he stays (and I really bloody hope he does), then I'm excited to see how he manages to do the refresh we'll hopefully see this summer.

On the eve of our biggest game since, like ever!, I don’t know why I feel so mute or down or why I’m thinking the way I do, yet I’m not hopeful tomorrow nor am I hopeful for the future with the majority of our current squad and indeed our manager.

Apologies if you read this and it’s a downer before tomorrow.
I want glory and good times as much as any of you.

I’ve just lost faith in the man at the helm, perhaps at the most inopportune time...but I have....

I can relate to the initial premise of what you're saying. I too, cant quite fully invest emotionally in this game and I too have felt the same for the last few weeks since the euphoria of moving back to White Hart Lane.

On a very personal level I have the dilemma of having my wedding day on 1st June! I booked this date last summer knowing full well it was Champions League final day but had no expectation whatsoever (with some reflective justification!) we would be anywhere near the final! My missus really has no interest in football - sometimes she takes a minor interest and other times she really resents how much time and energy I invest in it. In short, it will not go down well if I manage to get a BT sport feed in the reception party in the evening so part of me would not see a defeat tonight as the armageddon it might otherwise have been!

However, I think we have all endured, rather than enjoyed watching Spurs this season (for the overstay at Wembley initially and then the stodginess of performance created by a variety of reasons I have just gone into on the fight for 3rd place thread).

It does feel that we are lacking any real momentum but this is largely due to fatigue and injuries. This makes it difficult to savour and anticipate the next game as we did in 2016/17 or as Liverpool have managed to achieve this season and certainly last season in their champions league run.

Then there is our record in big games and specifically semi-finals - for the first time last season when we played Man U in the FA CUp semi I had told myself we always lose semi-finals and therefore there's no point getting excited; it ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy (exactly the point Poch has tried to make).

There is also the knowing that should we progress we will face a superior opponent in the final - we now know it will be Liverpool whom we share a faux rivalry. For the same reason I couldn't get too excited about the league cup semi v Chelsea where we faced the prospect of meeting an all-conquering City in the final without Kane, dele and Son!

By 8pm I will undoubtedly be a bag of nerves and will instinctively roar when we score but unlike the OP I have full faith in the manager and can see that the big picture is a very rosy one.

So top four, semi final of LC, last 16 f a cup and at least semi final of CL and he's not good enough or failing
There's been seasons when we'd be cuming in our pants at one of those, seriously ffs.

I can relate to the initial premise of what you're saying. I too, cant quite fully invest emotionally in this game and I too have felt the same for the last few weeks since the euphoria of moving back to White Hart Lane.

On a very personal level I have the dilemma of having my wedding day on 1st June! I booked this date last summer knowing full well it was Champions League final day but had no expectation whatsoever (with some reflective justification!) we would be anywhere near the final! My missus really has no interest in football - sometimes she takes a minor interest and other times she really resents how much time and energy I invest in it. In short, it will not go down well if I manage to get a BT sport feed in the reception party in the evening so part of me would not see a defeat tonight as the armageddon it might otherwise have been!

Maybe for the best mate.
Think how depressed you would be on your wedding, of all days, if you ruined the end of it by watching Spurs get beaten by Liverpool.
Your marriage and relationship IS more important than football, and making this sacrifice may help fix that in your mind as well as maybe even showing your wife-to-be how much you value her and your special day (though she may not fully appreciate it for a while)
Since getting married, I have had to (or chosen to) miss watching a fair few games and the sacrifice is worth it.

Very disappointed in you Nigeyman. Always enjoy your posts except the opening one. You should be careful what you wish for.

Wow.

Now go and win the damn thing...

I’ll happily part my cheeks...

And all the kings horses and all the kings men can take a turn.

Get the eff in!

You didn't believe in Our boss. He's proved a lot of his own supporters wrong tonight. We spent nothing NADA and we are in the Champions League final. That said I love you all. Come on let's beat Liverpool.

I will alter my expectations, if we decide to play for two halves and not just one, we can beat Liverpool. Getting Kane back will be immense. I'm not going to go into Llorente's performance on a night like this, but he opened up our play and was valuable in that sense. With Kane we have a target man able to both score and get headers on target as well.

Thrilled - CL final, WTF!!

On the eve of our biggest game since, like ever!, I don’t know why I feel so mute or down or why I’m thinking the way I do, yet I’m not hopeful tomorrow nor am I hopeful for the future with the majority of our current squad and indeed our manager.

I feel it’s important to say this now because I don’t want to be a coward and say it after the game tomorrow night. I’ve felt this way for a while and haven’t posted on here not wanting to be or spread negativity or negative vibes.

I hope I’m wrong and I hope to the football gods we can win tomorrow but in my heart I just don’t see it nor do I believe anymore.

To cut the rambling I feel like Pochettino has come to the end of his cycle and I feel we need to do a lot of ins and outs in the summer.

Pochettino talking about leaving if we win ucl has angered me in all honesty! Firstly, concentrate on the task in hand, secondly so you wouldn’t want to raise the bar and challenge city and Liverpool domestically after such a hypothetical triumph, see ya later then...

I’m grateful for all he’s done don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it might take a special kind of man to work with Levy, no signings in nearly two years isn’t great yet I just feel like he’s happy to be that guy working under constraints and taking the plaudits just for qualifying us for ucl...hopefully, yet I want to win, a desire expressed with knowledge of our place in world football and knowing how distracting Wembley, knackered players after wc has all been and of course a bad season of injuries.

Still he talks of winning meteorology but I feel like he is the problem now not the players because I feel he has let other job links inflate his ego and is happy to point out our difficulties and say I’ve got spurs in ucl 4 years running ain’t I great! No your not Poch, you’ve lost 13 league games which for this squad isn’t clever in my opinion.

Let’s be honest if we get UCL it’s because we have been incredibly fortunate that United and Goons have failed terribly!

These feelings started when you didn’t take the brave decision to strip Lloris of the captaincy when he let down the whole club and it’s fanbase, every one makes mistakes me included but you should have made Harry captain. Maintaining the status quo with Lloris was a huge mistake and sent completely the wrong message to our squad in terms of discipline.

Then your antics at the end of the Burnley game were downright ridiculous and embarrassing and not your usual character.

Calling our players heroes again was wrong even after losing at the Etihad to get the semi final, we lost and heroes are defined by lifting silverware.

Not to mention numerous big games where the set up and message to the players has been wrong! Biggest game of our lives against Ajax at new whl and we play 3 cb against a false no 9 meaning we got crucified in midfield, he was too slow to react and our players started the game like we were playing Watford, or West Brom!

For me the magic of Pochettino has gone and I wouldn’t feel at all sorry if he leaves us anytime soon, I don’t think he’s strong enough to fully change us into a winning meteorology as he lacks that final sprint to be that himself.

If we win tomorrow and somehow win the damn thing I’ll be the happiest man alive and I’d have no issues with any of you, pumping me this post until the end of days...

Apologies if you read this and it’s a downer before tomorrow.
I want glory and good times as much as any of you.

I’ve just lost faith in the man at the helm, perhaps at the most inopportune time...but I have....

So, found out who hacked your account yet?

Back