• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax - the second leg

Cheeky cameo? ;)

giphy.gif

Score early, shut the fans up and we're a chance.. Concede early and I fear the worst. Although Emirates Marketing Project didn't play out that way, I'm not sure we have that recovery in is again.

Score early, pile on the pressure, give them a taste of their own medicine.

Score early, shut the fans up and we're a chance.. Concede early and I fear the worst. Although Emirates Marketing Project didn't play out that way, I'm not sure we have that recovery in is again.

Score early, pile on the pressure, give them a taste of their own medicine.
Either way we have to score at least 2, and I think we will.

Can't ignore the fact that only once in Champions League history (which to be fair is only to 1995) only one team has ever lost at home in the first leg but gone on to progress....that was Ajax (v Panathinaikos in 1996). Since then, in 46 semi-final ties, the away side has won the first leg on 7 occasions.

That and our atrocious away record in 2019 means that Ajax must be heavy favourites to progress....the only thing working against them s that my wedding is scheduled for 1st June so I am already taking personal credit for jinxing a possible clash!! :eek:

1st June is my 6th wedding anniversary and we already have plans, so I'm co-jinxing this. :D

Can't ignore the fact that only once in Champions League history (which to be fair is only to 1995) only one team has ever lost at home in the first leg but gone on to progress....that was Ajax (v Panathinaikos in 1996). Since then, in 46 semi-final ties, the away side has won the first leg on 7 occasions.

That and our atrocious away record in 2019 means that Ajax must be heavy favourites to progress....the only thing working against them s that my wedding is scheduled for 1st June so I am already taking personal credit for jinxing a possible clash!! :eek:

I wonder how often a 3-0 first leg deficit in the Semi-Finals has been turned around? :rolleyes:

After all I've been through to see us qualify for CL again next season, I'd be satisfied if the second stringers had a fantastic high scoring game that ended in a draw and us losing penalties, and no injuries. Only so we can cash on their performances in the next few weeks.

Of course I'd be happy if we beat them with 2nd stringers and no injuries too.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lloris
Trippier ~~ Alderweireld ~~ Vertonghen ~~ Rose/Davies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sissoko ~~ Eriksen
~~~~~~~ Moura ~~~~~~~ Alli ~~~~~~~ Lamela/Rose
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Son

Gazzaniga, Foyth/Sánchez, Davies/Rose/Lamela, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp/Llorente, Llorente/Kane*

* if you believe in miracles (anywhere other than on Merseyside).

Last edited:
It's been nearly a month since the Delph incident. Normal recovery timeframes for Kane ankle injuries are...a month to six weeks. Club has kept all information secret on this and I don't doubt the pain has passed and its now recovery mode.

I wonder if he started training after Dan Kiplatrick (sorry, Alasdair Gold) and his phone camera left the scene. :p

Back