• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, anyone still interested in signing Fraser? Failed the audition for me. Not that I was at all convinced anyway but plenty were talking him up. Yesterday was an ideal time to show what he can do, we couldnt have made it easier for him and he disappeared completely.

Similarly Wilson and King, often linked in the past.

And, for me, Howe.

Im a big fan of what he has done, but Im starting to think this is about it for him. His team are the definition of a fair weather side. No real fight, certainly no ruthless streak, no killer instinct. Cant help thinking thats a limitation of his - perhaps he is too nice?

Howe always gets linked whenever the talk is of Poch leaving, and I do understand why - but the more I look at it the less I like the idea. Howe has a lot to prove, and improve, IMHO before he is ready for a job like Spurs.

Also - the keeper.

He did what he needed to, did the basics, and was very fortunate any action he had to make we put right where he would want it.

Great for the kid to get his debut, make a few catches and keep a clean sheet, but that really was it.

Commentary would have you think it was the best debut ever seen and he was pulling worldies left and right...

Not a pop at the kid, he did fine, more the hyperbole that surrounds anything in game - especially anything we seem to be on the end of (as opposed to doing ourselves, strangely theres never any hype on that front...)

It's interesting, one of the big criticisms of Bielsa's teams is that they end up running out of steam at the end of the season, in don't think he's won anything since the 80's even though he's considered the father of modern tactics and a big influence for Poch, Pep, Simeone etc.

His Leeds team has fallen off massively second half of the season and we have (again). I remember reading that Poch is the closet to Bielsa of all this generation of managers and his teams are following a similar pattern as his mentors.

It seems we barely press anymore or certainly nothing like we used to anyway but we still have one of the higher team running stats each season. Klopp has purposely pressed less because they used to get gassed in the 2nd half of the season as well.

Also - the keeper.

He did what he needed to, did the basics, and was very fortunate any action he had to make we put right where he would want it.

Great for the kid to get his debut, make a few catches and keep a clean sheet, but that really was it.

Commentary would have you think it was the best debut ever seen and he was pulling worldies left and right...

Not a pop at the kid, he did fine, more the hyperbole that surrounds anything in game - especially anything we seem to be on the end of (as opposed to doing ourselves, strangely theres never any hype on that front...)
agree. He did everything right. He was basically a competent keeper

It seems we barely press anymore or certainly nothing like we used to anyway but we still have one of the higher team running stats each season. Klopp has purposely pressed less because they used to get gassed in the 2nd half of the season as well.
Actually thought we pressed quite hard against Bournemouth first half - before the sky fell in.

Actually thought we pressed quite hard against Bournemouth first half - before the sky fell in.

I think it’s deliberate to press in different areas now. Was watching a tactics vid on the Ajax game and it’s clear that one response to a team that presses against you is to deliberately draw them in so that you can find the space in behind the midfield. That’s why we vary it a lot more now.

No doubt, in certain situations the full court press is still a good tool. But it was new to the League at the top level 3 or 4 years ago. Since then, teams have had a chance to figure out strategies to combat it. So we have to very our approach as a result.

I think it’s deliberate to press in different areas now. Was watching a tactics vid on the Ajax game and it’s clear that one response to a team that presses against you is to deliberately draw them in so that you can find the space in behind the midfield. That’s why we vary it a lot more now.

No doubt, in certain situations the full court press is still a good tool. But it was new to the League at the top level 3 or 4 years ago. Since then, teams have had a chance to figure out strategies to combat it. So we have to very our approach as a result.
It helps that when drawing the opponent towards us we seem to be getting better at playing out from the back without fudging up. Can still get a bit hairy at times though.

Also - the keeper.

None of those saves where impressive, all directly at him and poor finishing.

He almost got lobbed from the half way line.

Same as the United game actually and a few others.

He made some of the saves look more difficult than they really needed to be.

Still a good debut for him, and good for his confidence after the near mess up with Moura's long range shot, but there was nothing that was especially non-routine in terms of saves. Which says more about our shooting than his goalkeeping.

He made some of the saves look more difficult than they really needed to be.

Still a good debut for him, and good for his confidence after the near mess up with Moura's long range shot, but there was nothing that was especially non-routine in terms of saves. Which says more about our shooting than his goalkeeping.
This. If Lloris had allowed any shots like those in he’d have rightly been slated...

Reminds me of the tabloids going crazy about de Gea’s clean sheet at Wembley, back when everything was going right for Solskjaer. Then I see Mbenza nutmegging the “World’s best Goalie” for Huddersfield’s equaliser yesterday!

None of those saves where impressive, all directly at him and poor finishing.

He almost got lobbed from the half way line.

Same as the United game actually and a few others.

Absolutely. Really not trying to give the lad stick, thats certainly not my complaint.

19, made his debut, did a decent job and got a clean sheet - its a great day for him.

Its more the frustration that we made him look good, and the OTT reaction from the commentary that got me...

This. If Lloris had allowed any shots like those in he’d have rightly been slated...

Reminds me of the tabloids going crazy about de Gea’s clean sheet at Wembley, back when everything was going right for Solskjaer. Then I see Mbenza nutmegging the “World’s best Goalie” for Huddersfield’s equaliser yesterday!

That video clip really showcases our ability to consistently create chances and kick the ball straight at the goalkeeper.

Also - the keeper.

I agree, the commentary was cringeworthy. Practically everything was in the centre to some extent. Put it this way, if it was their normal keeper making those saves would there of been a fuss? I think not.

All it did was again highlight our poor finishing - we havent scored a goal in 4 games - by our standards thats poor to say the least....

Back