• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I'm bouncing...the weight off the shoulders is immense.
Ditto here. I would be interested to hear if it feels the same for the players, or if the failure to win or even draw a game that Poch I'm sure urged them to win is still a mental problem on the way to Ajax. I hope the likes of Moura and Alli can convince themselves that they did not play badly, but were just unlucky.

But we did fold, we have only scraped in because everyone else has been terrible as well - not because we were resilient. I mean 10 from the last 3 points says it all, stumbled over every hurdle going and in any other season we would likely have ended up 6th.
This. Let's not forget that the footballing gods were overall nicer to us this season. Maybe Levy did good building a temple for them at WHL. but a season where both man u and arsenal are seriously faltering, and Chelsea with their all star team barely keeping up with us.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It is amazing that despite losing 7 of our last 11 league matches and 13 in total, we are still in top 4 in the league. Shows you how poor the PL have been this season except for Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project. Good to know ManU can't overtake us while we are almost guaranteed to finish ahead of Arsenal baring a miracle. But after finishing in top 3 for the past 3 seasons, it will be a huge setback for us if we finish in 4th this season. Hope we can beat Everton and Chelsea drop points against Leicester so that we can finish in 3rd this season as well.
Huge setback? What might the ramifications be of this ‘huge setback’, except for missing out on a bit of money?

This. Let's not forget that the footballing gods were overall nicer to us this season. Maybe Levy did good building a temple for them at WHL. but a season where both man u and arsenal are seriously faltering, and Chelsea with their all star team barely keeping up with us.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

By the same token, in the last several seasons we could have won the league if Leicester and then Chelsea had not had ridiculously good seasons. So it goes both ways.

update:-

We can no longer be caught by the following 15 sides:-

Manchester United - gw 37
Watfjoord - gw 33
Wolves - gw 33
Leicester City - gw 32
Everton - gw 32
Wet Spam - gw 32
Bournemouth - gw 31
Crystal Palace - gw 29
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - gw 29
Brighton & Hove - gw 29
Burnley - gw 29
Southampton - gw 27
Cardiff City - gw 27
Fulham - gw 25
Huddersfield Town - gw 24​

AND .... we've got to be absolute rubbish on Sunday for there to be a St Totteringham's Day

But we did fold, we have only scraped in because everyone else has been terrible as well - not because we were resilient. I mean 10 from the last 3 points says it all, stumbled over every hurdle going and in any other season we would likely have ended up 6th.
As I say, we got what we needed to.

And while we have faultered I defy anyone to try and say this season has been anything but a grind.

Am I the only one on here thinking it's not inconceivable that the worst could still happen on Sunday?

Arse go to Burnley needing to score a hatful and hoping we lose by a comfortable margin at home to Everton, so it seems on paper to be a complete no-no.

But absurdly cruel things have a nasty habit of stinging us at the end of the season - not least at the hands of our bitterest London rivals.

For a start, Burnley could already be on the beach. This is a club that won only three of their first 25 games in all competitions up to Boxing Day when they conceded five at home to Everton. They've also lost 0-5 home to City and 0-4 home to Chelsea. Arsenal have no option but to go all out or it and hope the impossible can still happen.

Meanwhile we have lost five of our last six in all competitions and will be without Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Lamela, Winks, Foyth and Aurier having played one of our toughest games of the season midweek.

Whatever the outcome against Ajax it's going to be mighty hard to lift ourselves yet again for the final game on Sunday against Everton, a team recently on the up that will also have had a full week's rest. There is a danger we will go into that game thinking it's all over and we can at last relax, but that could be catastrophic. Remember 1-5 Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Yes, it all sounds extremely unlikely. Nevertheless I for one will still be biting my nails come 3pm Sunday.

Last edited:
It is amazing that despite losing 7 of our last 11 league matches and 13 in total, we are still in top 4 in the league. Shows you how poor the PL have been this season except for Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project. Good to know ManU can't overtake us while we are almost guaranteed to finish ahead of Arsenal baring a miracle. But after finishing in top 3 for the past 3 seasons, it will be a huge setback for us if we finish in 4th this season. Hope we can beat Everton and Chelsea drop points against Leicester so that we can finish in 3rd this season as well.
Poor or competitive? No one has a divine right to win all their games. If you dont come with your A game, you get smacked down!! Spurs have not been bringing their A game whatever the reason.

Huge setback? What might the ramifications be of this ‘huge setback’, except for missing out on a bit of money?

It we finish 4th, it will show that we are going backwards in our league title race. After finishing in top 3 for the past 3 seasons, top 2 should have been the aim this season. In the PL era, not many teams have finished in top 3 continuously and not go on to win the league ! So, we should make the step up to break into the top 2 and then win the league ! For now, we must do all we can to beat Everton and hope our modern enemies Leicester do us a favour against Chelsea.

Am I the only one on here thinking it's not inconceivable that the worst could still happen on Sunday?

Arse go to Burnley needing to score a hatful and hoping we lose by a comfortable margin at home to Everton, so it seems on paper to be a complete no-no.

But absurdly cruel things have a nasty habit of stinging us at the end of the season - not least at the hands of our bitterest London rivals.

For a start, Burnley could already be on the beach. This is a club that won only three of their first 25 games in all competitions up to Boxing Day when they conceded five at home to Everton. They've also lost 0-5 home to City and 0-4 home to Chelsea. Arsenal have no option but to go all out or it and hope the impossible can still happen.

Meanwhile we have lost five of our last six in all competitions and will be without Kane, Son, Vertonghen, Lamela, Winks, Foyth and Aurier having played one of our toughest games of the season midweek.

Whatever the outcome against Ajax it's going to be mighty hard to lift ourselves yet again for the final game on Sunday against Everton, a team recently on the up that will also have had a full week's rest. There is a danger we will go into that game thinking it's all over and we can at last relax, but that could be catastrophic. Remember 1-5 Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Yes, it all sounds extremely unlikely. Nevertheless I for one will still be biting my nails come 3pm Sunday.
I am usually cautious with things but quite simply next to no chance. Forgetting about the scenarios the match itself is one of Arsenal’s worst possible fixtures - Burnley AWAY. They are rubbish away from home, and Burnley is the type of team that graft for 90 minutes regardless of the score especially at home and last game of the season. Look at that Arsenal team after the final whistle, does that look like a team ready to take the fight to Burnley and spank them?! Hell no. They will be putting all energy into the Europa. The odds of them thrashing them say 4-0 are next to no chance. And then on top of that we would have to lose by 3-4 goals on our last home game of the season?! It will be like a pre season friendly, us knowing a draw will do and Everton having nothing to play for. We will probably win or at the very worse lose by the odd goal....

Last edited:

Having watched MOTD where they clearly showed the Brighton player not only got the ball but didn’t even touch Monreal for the penalty, I’m a bit miffed that they’ve even got a sniff of 4th.

Presumably Monreal will face a ban for successfully conning the ref, just like Patrick Bamford.

But I think we’ll be all right in the end.

Or to be positive

They lost 1 nil to city at home 2 weeks ago ....
Their a tough nut to crack and at one point this season they set a club record of wins on the bounce

They also just drew at Stamford bridge too

Also arsenal have a very similar record to us in their last 5/6 games but again that’s not mentioned in your post

It we finish 4th, it will show that we are going backwards in our league title race. After finishing in top 3 for the past 3 seasons, top 2 should have been the aim this season. In the PL era, not many teams have finished in top 3 continuously and not go on to win the league ! So, we should make the step up to break into the top 2 and then win the league ! For now, we must do all we can to beat Everton and hope our modern enemies Leicester do us a favour against Chelsea.

So you're basically saying that a potential fluke Jamie Vardy goal in injury time, and an own goal by Gylfi on Sunday will decide whether or not we've had a successful season?

I can't say I agree with that. We've struggled this season, but if we get a top 4 spot (it's looking quite likely now), considering all the circumstances, I think we have every reason to be happy with that. We've also been in our first semi final of a European cup since 1984, and the first in the European cup since 1962, still with a chance to win the damn thing. Not too shabby for a team going backwards!

Sure, we all know we need to strengthen, the manager has even gone out and said that we quite possibly have to rebuild somewhat, but given all the circumstances of this season - no players bought, injuries galore, playing most of the season away with a deflated home crowd - it's a bit of a miracle that we're in the position we're in. Win our next two games and we're guaranteed top 4 and a European cup final, basically. Win our next three, and we got a pot to celebrate! :D

Get a few fresh faces in the summer who'll lift us, speed us up, start a new season fresh in our lovely new stadium. Building piece by piece. We're getting there. Ahead of schedule, I should say. :)

Back