• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Ice-Hockey Thread ***

The Avs got absolutely bossed by the Wild tonight, 2-1 loss, 2-2 in the series. Not impressed by the match tonight, barely had a shot on goal!

hump-dar-14.jpg

shocking collapse by the san jose sharks 3-0 up and then losing 4-3, only the 4th time this has ever happened, lots of goals in these playoffs, far more than usual, will favour a team like the penguins

Super necro of an old thread, but this year's Stanley Cup is looking gooood! Tampa Bay Lightning pretty much cruised through the league games (all 82 of them), beat record after record, and have pretty much looked like what City looked like through most of last year, but now find themselves 2-0 down in the best of 7 series against ... Columbus Blue Jackets! Lightning have lost two straight home games against the Blue Jackets, and their record breaking number one player Nikita Kucherov was given a match penalty for dangerously pushing Markus Nuutivara against the boards last night - he'll most likely face disciplinary action. Crazy stuff.

My team, Colorado Avalanche, lost the first playoff match away to Calgary Flames (4-0), much thanks to Flames's goalie Mike Smith playing exceptionally well. The Flames have looked solid this year, so they'll be tought to beat, but despite the 4-0 scoreline we (I say "we" only for Spurs and the Avs, haha) looked quite good and deserved more in the game. Game 2 coming up tonight.

Elsewhere the Islanders are leading the series 2-0 over Pittsburgh (winning two home matches), which some people find surprising (Pittsburgh are like ... the ManU of old of ice-hockey in a sense, always up there with the best, and the Islanders are like ... Leicester, I guess). Dallas Stars won the first match away to Predators (who are also generally a very good team), Blues leading 2-0 after playing two away matches at the Jets, Sharks and Golden Knights 1-1. So many good matches already, it's promising to be one hell of a playoff! :D

Avs hit back in Calgary. I woke up this morning watching Nathan mckinnon scoring 3-2 in overtime. :D

2-1 islanders in the second period at penguins now. Islanders the better team. Exciting game. Pittsburgh struggling badly. Will be 3-0 down in the series if they lose this.

I do not know much about ice-hockey but last year I went to Canada and saw my first and only ice-hockey match. It was not one of the top teams but it was brilliant watching it live, it really is a contact sport. Watching it on tv does not compare even remotely to watching ice hockey live

For the first time in nhl history, two bottom seeded teams have eliminated two top seeded teams in the first round of the playoffs. Blue jackets swiped tampa 4-0, colorado crushed Flames over five games, winning the series 4-1 early this morning. Playoff hockey at its finest. :D right no, no one is favorites to win it all, it looks completely open.

Didn’t know we had this thread. Pittsburgh fan. Bit gutted they got knocked out. Even more gutted that Crosby won’t turn out for Canada at the Worlds. As I’m seeing GB v Canada when I go for the first weekend of it.

Another division winner out the door in the first round! Dallas stars beat predators and goes up against St Louis blues in the second round.

Game 7 of Sharks vs Golden Knights. Knights leading 3-0 with 10 mins to go of the last period. Sharks come back to amazingly lead 4-3, but late equalizer and it goes to overtime. Sharks win it and phase Avalanche in the next round. Going to be a cracker. Stanley Cup has really delivered the goods so far this season. :D

absolute crapshoot this game, forgot I posted here 5 years ago, sharks were so lucky to advance against vegas dais, it was never a 5 minute major penalty.

absolute crapshoot this game, forgot I posted here 5 years ago, sharks were so lucky to advance against vegas dais, it was never a 5 minute major penalty.

Ah, yeah, I read on Reddit that a lot of fans were quite angry with that, I only got to see bits and pieces of that crazy third period. Avs lost to Sharks this morning. 3-2 now. Will have to go to game 7 if we're to advance. The Spurs in me says we won't, but we've played some excellent games so far in the playoff, it's actually possible.

Congrats to St Louis Blues with their first Stanley cup ever! Sensational. They were rock bottom on January the 3rd, but ended up winning the cup. Happy ending to a crazy Stanley cup. :D

Football is brick at the moment, but the hockey is flaming hot. Avalanche are just a joy to watch these days, so much talent all across all the lines - it's just beautiful. Scoring goals for fun at the moment. Will be a strong contender for the cup this season as well.

Daddy said 'son, do what you should'
Hockey is my business
Business is good.
apologies to The Four Horsemen

Careful if you're watching highlights of Edmonton's Connor McDavid playing against his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs. You might pull an eye muscle.

Unbelievable wheels, dirty dekes and dangles and a filthy, top-shelf cheese snipe. The NHL's best player brings out his best playing the Leafs:

I was photographing him when he was 14 playing up a year against 15-year-olds, a very rare thing in hockey. From the first second I saw him take off with the puck I knew I was watching future greatness. I've had many opportunities to photograph him in the years since, including this one, and feel grateful every time I watch him play.

images

Daddy said 'son, do what you should'
Hockey is my business
Business is good.
apologies to The Four Horsemen

Careful if you're watching highlights of Edmonton's Connor McDavid playing against his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs. You might pull an eye muscle.

Unbelievable wheels, dirty dekes and dangles and a filthy, top-shelf cheese snipe. The NHL's best player brings out his best playing the Leafs:

I was photographing him when he was 14 playing up a year against 15-year-olds, a very rare thing in hockey. From the first second I saw him take off with the puck I knew I was watching future greatness. I've had many opportunities to photograph him in the years since, including this one, and feel grateful every time I watch him play.

images

Nice! That's your job? Sounds pretty great. McDavid is just a joy to behold. What a player.

Normally, I love my job. Sit rinkside and shoot through one of the holes in the plexiglass with roaring crowds of 19,000+ around me.

Now, the arenas are lifeless, devoid of fans and the lack of body heat in the building means they are very cold environments. We have to work from elevated positions, sitting in seats we are assigned. After a four-hour shift (we shoot pre-game warmups, transmit pics for 30-40 mins after) in that cold last game, I literally could not stop shivering despite wearing a warm winter coat and hat.

You can see samples of what I do - hockey and more - here:

www.vantagepointsports.com

Back