• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Additionally I’d rather come a place below them and pick up the Europa any day of the week than come 4th and win nothing.

Where we are in our development I think it is important that we make CL.

I remember the last time we won the League Cup, at the end of the season or first choice strike force of Keane and Berbatov both decided to seek greener pastures to play CL

Don't forget where they were in April. Bottlers!

9xae2bkkjfw21.jpg

They had just beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-0 to go above us.
How can we not hate this lot more than any other team out there! :D

I think that they've had a good season.
If, like us, their season bad runs had come at different times, then yes. But they are on a 1 point from 12 run and were 2 ahead of us a while ago.

But for a first season after a tenure like Winger with a rebuild in progress its good. For a loan of worthless scum.

Yeah, he needs to be 4th choice CB again next season - play him in all domestic cup games and selected other lower risk games. Aim to get him 20-odd games next season. He needs time to mature and learn when to dive in and when not to

Personally I would rather he be groomed as a defensive midfielder

I disagree, I think that he's looked very promising. I'd have no qualms about going into next season with him as our third/fourth choice CB.

He is not ready at the moment in my opinion, he is too rash in the tackle, and I would suggest his over confidence is his biggest flaw

Where we are in our development I think it is important that we make CL.

I remember the last time we won the League Cup, at the end of the season or first choice strike force of Keane and Berbatov both decided to seek greener pastures to play CL
I completely agree and have made the same argument re Betbs and Keane, but as CL comes with the Europa it would feel like a superior season. I understand why others feel differently but I wouldn’t take an FA cup over 4th although that could change if I thought a one off season out to of the CL wouldn’t have a big impact on us in the longer term.

Back