• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who was that down to?

Levy alone? Or a committee decision to have no more GKNs, Janssens or N’Koudous?

If we can’t get the right player, we’re better saving our money to get the right one at a later date.

Liverpool signed the right players. Arsenal even got a couple of decent ones. Everton signed some good players. Wolves too. Bournemouth got that Brooks lad. Leicester got Tielemans.

Either we didn’t want to spend the money or we didn’t spot these players. Either way, we’ve fudged up.

Kudos to everybody that stayed to watch the 2nd half. I stormed out of house and have just returned now, still p#ssed off

Dont know why though, 40 odd years, I should be used it by now. Pirennial bottlers, we are never ever going to shake off this tag are we?

Although we have one massive oppurtunity to change all that, starting Wednesday night, but to be honest, does anybody genuienely think we can go to Ajax and win 2-1 or better. Be honest.

The way things have gone for the last few weeks we could feasibly end up 4th, but we would end up be the luckiest time alive if Huddersfield snatch a draw and Burnley put in a display like they did against us when they won 4-2 about 4 seasons ago on the last day

Feel you’re pain mate. I watched up until the Foyth red card then switched off only to turn my iPad back on for the last 5 mins then they scored which infuriated me even more.

People on here don’t like hearing it but we are bottlers but even by our standards we keep finding new spectacular ways to fudge things up.

Think it’s gonna take big investment and some experienced, no nonsense leaders to shake off the bottler tag.

We could still beat Everton but I imagine the players must be feeling pretty demoralised given our form since the Burnley game.

Liverpool signed the right players. Arsenal even got a couple of decent ones. Everton signed some good players. Wolves too. Bournemouth got that Brooks lad. Leicester got Tielemans.

Either we didn’t want to spend the money or we didn’t spot these players. Either way, we’ve fudged up.

But we’re in a position where we can’t find players who would improve us.

And we have to wait until everyone one has signed their players before we sign anyone.

And the World Cup meant we had little time to sign players.

Just some of the reasoning for not signing players I’ve read since last August.

Liverpool spent an absolute fortune and pay huge wages.

We’re above all those other teams you mention.

Remember the story that we were going to sign Morata but he didn’t want to come to compete with Kane. It’s not always us ‘at fault’.

Are you saying that those other clubs didn’t spot Alli, Son or Moura, for example? Or is it can that some you win, done you lose.

And absolutely - we need now to freshen up and find a way to cope well with four competitions and injuries, but, signings aren’t a panacea: there’s no guarantee that any player will hit the ground running. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t sign anyone, but does mean for us - where finances are tighter - that we need to take extra care to get the right ones.

Sure, we’re not perfect but neither are the other clubs. What gets me is implication (not from you necessarily) that we’re incompetent, or didn’t bother, or are just stubborn, or that Levy wouldn’t put the club’s interests at first.

When it’s far more likely that transfers are hugely complex and have many moving parts.

And we have to wait until everyone one has signed their players before we sign anyone.

The stuff that irritates me most is the rooster about Poch meaning we should be brave by signing no one. The mental gymnastics needed to make that one work hurts my brain.

A lot of it’s pretty valid, don’t you think?

It’s certainly easier to improve Everton, for example, than us.

We do kind of have to wait to see who the bigger / doped clubs want. We can’t compete financially with them.

Conversely, it’s harder to get in our team than it might be to get into Leicester or Wolves first eleven. Some players will want guaranteed game time.

Liverpool spent an absolute fortune and pay huge wages.

We’re above all those other teams you mention.

Remember the story that we were going to sign Morata but he didn’t want to come to compete with Kane. It’s not always us ‘at fault’.

Are you saying that those other clubs didn’t spot Alli, Son or Moura, for example? Or is it can that some you win, done you lose.

And absolutely - we need now to freshen up and find a way to cope well with four competitions and injuries, but, signings aren’t a panacea: there’s no guarantee that any player will hit the ground running. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t sign anyone, but does mean for us - where finances are tighter - that we need to take extra care to get the right ones.

Sure, we’re not perfect but neither are the other clubs. What gets me is implication (not from you necessarily) that we’re incompetent, or didn’t bother, or are just stubborn, or that Levy wouldn’t put the club’s interests at first.

When it’s far more likely that transfers are hugely complex and have many moving parts.

It doesn’t matter if we’re above the other teams. They signed players that probably would have contributed to our season and ensured we got top 4 before now.

Liverpool spent big on VVD and Allison. The others they signed should have been in our range.

Signings aren’t a silver bullet solution but you need to make some to try and improve and keep the squad fresh and challenged. There have been around around 16 summer transfer windows since 2003 for 20 clubs. That’s 320 windows. We’re the only club in that time not to use it at all.

That’s not clever and so it’s proving.

A lot of it’s pretty valid, don’t you think?

It’s certainly easier to improve Everton, for example, than us.

We do kind of have to wait to see who the bigger / doped clubs want. We can’t compete financially with them.

Conversely, it’s harder to get in our team than it might be to get into Leicester or Wolves first eleven. Some players will want guaranteed game time.

I don’t think any of it is valid frankly.

Why do we need to wait until the other clubs conduct their business? We were/are interested in De Ligt and will more than likely miss out on him as he’s on the radar of the bigger fish. Should we have waited longer before we made a bid for Alli? Should we have waited until bigger clubs come in for Eriksen before we signed him from Ajax. Surely waiting makes it more likely to miss out on our targets?

I don’t expect all signings to be a success but when the likes of tielemans are on the market and clubs like Leicester get him on loan then he’s a player that would be a good addition for us.

The World Cup was the worst rationale. Everyone knows when it is. It didn’t sneak up on us.

Have to agree on that. He does say some odd things to the press in the build-up to big games.

That said, he can’t legislate for the ridiculousness of Foyth. I am certain we would have won that 2nd half with 10 men. Bournemouth were gash and the crowd had gone quiet by the hour.
Poch talked about how we lacked desire in the Ajax game (which I don't think was the case, we just lacked quality). It seemed like the players were fired up today, but it worked the wrong way.

Talking about how we need to rebuild the squad also seemed stupid to me. Many of the players we need/needed to do a job in the last few games must have started thinking they won't be around much longer.

I hear you but I don't think mitigating circumstances really count, we can't say oh but Son is such a nice guy please ref he's just a big kid messing around leave it out.

It's either a red or it's not, I have seen yellows given for similar shoves and Lerna probably didn't need to go down but I doubt it will get overturned. Would VAR overturn that?

The important point is this:

Their number 1 aim when someone appeals is to reject it and will only uphold an appeal if the decision was clearly an absolutely ridiculous one.

The important point is this:

Their number 1 aim when someone appeals is to reject it and will only uphold an appeal if the decision was clearly an absolutely ridiculous one.
You can’t stop yourself when you’ve lost control, and we’ve never seen Son do that before. But overall this squad needs to clean up their mental game. From the highs of getting to the CL semis to this... Ugh.

You can’t stop yourself when you’ve lost control, and we’ve never seen Son do that before. But overall this squad needs to clean up their mental game. From the highs of getting to the CL semis to this... Ugh.

It’s unreal isn’t it. I’ve rarely been as deflated as a spurs fan as I am today because I really believe today was an absolute gimme and we fudged it away.

And this time next Sunday fudge knows how I’ll feel. Either like I’m 10 foot tall or much, much worse than today. fudging Spurs.

It’s unreal isn’t it. I’ve rarely been as deflated as a spurs fan as I am today because I really believe today was an absolute gimme and we fudged it away.

And this time next Sunday fudge knows how I’ll feel. Either like I’m 10 foot tall or much, much worse than today. fudging Spurs.

I’ve been more deflated from Spurs, but rarely as angry.

We actually played well in the first 30 mins, and also from the 47th min onwards.

However we threw everything away with two utterly mindless red cards...against an opposition who were so utterly toothless that they could play for 45 mins against 9 men and barely created anything.

Today’s defeat was completely self-inflicted

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was there at the Vitality - unfortunately. The Son and Foyth red cards were quite unforgivable. Dier seemed like a man two yards too slow and intent on either giving away a penalty or getting sent off. (He even somehow failed at that).

It was entirely our own fault. Reminded me of the Battle of the Bridge when we also lost our heads.

Is it Poch - and/or the coaching staff? We always seem to start games slowly. Our mindset is often questionable. The Ajax first 20 minutes was diabolical. Had Verts not got injured forcing the Sissoko sub and change of formation, GHod know what would have happened. Do we lack leaders in the team? Do we have too many fancy Dans (yes I'm looking at you Christian and you Dele) who don't deliver in the crucial games?

The key question is :Why do we always seem to self destruct at key moments?

If I was going to script the worst way to lose a game, this would be pretty close to it.

Lets recap, Bournemouth who lost to fulham at home last time start a keeper playing his first ever professional match, he plays a blinder but a lot of our shots are near him, nevertheless, he WILL conceded 5 in their next game. Then, the one player who always has a smile on his face and you would never guess would react in an aggressive way to a player's tackle does the dirty right in front of the ref, automatically out of the game v everton.
Then, Poch wisely takes off Dier who should have had 2 yellows already and brings on Foyth who puts us down to 9 men within 2 mins. For the remaining 40 odd mins, we actually look comfortable and there's you think

About the only positive for me was that even going down to nine men we didn’t look like we exerted that much energy in the second half. I was watching how intensely our players were running and most of the time they were just jogging, no real pressing. This was probably mainly down to how rubbish Bournemouth were and being incapable of pulling us out of shape but we looked positionally good and even threatening ourselves on the odd occasions....

Back