• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that midfield will get spanked.

They're playing against Emerson Hyndman and Jefferson Lerma.

It's Bournemouth. They lost their last home game to Fulham. They are literally on the beach.

Our midfield was spanked against Ajax yet some of you want to send them back out without a rest.

The amount of fear people in this thread have about looking silly if we don't qualify for the top 4 is ridiculous. "I'd rather be safe for next season rather than have a genuine chance of getting into a Champions League final". Clean shirts. Everyone of you!

The more I think about it the more I agree about putting out the same (strongest) side tomorrow that we can field on Wednesday.
Team;
------------------------Lloris----------------------------
Trippier--Alderweireld--Sanchez---Rose
---------------Sissoko----Dier-----------------------
Moura--------------Dele------------------Eriksen
---------------------------Son----------------------------

Only changes for this game would be Wanyama/Skipp for Sissoko if he's not fit enough for both and Vertonghen for Sanchez v Ajax injury permitting.
Subs would be made up of the usuals.

Last edited:
Hardly.

More like - we need our midfield to play well against Ajax, and to achieve that they could use the game (and hopefully fish-in-a-barrel nature of it) to sharpen up ready for Wednesday.

The team went out in the wrong shape on Tuesday, and only recovered when returning to a more tried and tested 4231. However, without Kane it still needs to be finessed. And Bournemouth should present just the right opposition to iron out the kinks against.

AND guaranteeing top 4 in this game will not only give a big boost to everyone at an opportune time, but is also vitally important for the club and cannot be understated. Id much rather get that out the way now than have the game with Ajax and then have to get a result against Everton.

They're playing against Emerson Hyndman and Jefferson Lerma.

It's Bournemouth. They lost their last home game to Fulham. They are literally on the beach.

Our midfield was spanked against Ajax yet some of you want to send them back out without a rest.

The amount of fear people in this thread have about looking silly if we don't qualify for the top 4 is ridiculous. "I'd rather be safe for next season rather than have a genuine chance of getting into a Champions League final". Clean shirts. Everyone of you!

Or you could look at it objectively and work out a way, as our manager will, to play both games with a stronger side, especially given that we can achieve two goals in one week here, and if we ignore the need to succeed in the league, we are ignoring the work of the previous 36 rounds before it.

Also if you think that there's anyone on this forum who is hankering after us getting 3rd in the prem over winning the champions league, give the local loonie asylum a call as they will likely being missing you dearly.

Hardly.

More like - we need our midfield to play well against Ajax, and to achieve that they could use the game (and hopefully fish-in-a-barrel nature of it) to sharpen up ready for Wednesday.

The team went out in the wrong shape on Tuesday, and only recovered when returning to a more tried and tested 4231. However, without Kane it still needs to be finessed. And Bournemouth should present just the right opposition to iron out the kinks against.

AND guaranteeing top 4 in this game will not only give a big boost to everyone at an opportune time, but is also vitally important for the club and cannot be understated. Id much rather get that out the way now than have the game with Ajax and then have to get a result against Everton.

Surfy and Nayim in agreement on everything shocker. Everyone in forum told to sit down whilst told news. ;)

We’ll need to rest players against Everton so they are fresh for the champions league final. So that’s when we rest players, not tomorrow. Play like we did second half on Tuesday and with Son available against Ajax and we will qualify for the CL Final. Then let’s go and beat Barcelona there! So we will be flyyyyiiinngg

We really need a win tomorrow to secure top four and put that worry to rest.

Which means we all know what's coming, and it ain't what we want.

But COYS.

We’ll need to rest players against Everton so they are fresh for the champions league final. So that’s when we rest players, not tomorrow. Play like we did second half on Tuesday and with Son available against Ajax and we will qualify for the CL Final. Then let’s go and beat Barcelona there! So we will be flyyyyiiinngg
I'll have what you're drinking/smoking!!

There's three weeks between the Everton game and the CL final. If we get there, the issue will be being match sharp not being sufficiently rested.
Shhh, levy will think this is a good excuse for a 39th game, in Asia or the US

Gazzanigga

KWP Sanchez Foyth Davies

Skipp Dier Marsh

Son Janssen Lucas

Players that need a rest: Dele Alli, Rose, Eriksen, Llorente, Wanyama, Trippier(if he is gonna start on Wednesday). Sissoko is shouldn't be risked. I honestly don't think Lucas will start on Wednesday.

I hope you wrote that in jest because if not, if stinks of either the highest degree of arrogance or an unprecedented level of naivety.

I would be apprehensive of playing that formation against a League 2 side, let alone an established mid-Premiership team where we desperately need the 3 points to guarantee our CL place for next year - which, if we miss it, would be completely catastrophic for the club

Back