• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I hope he does not get motor neuron disease in a few years time. A higher number of athletes then non athletes get that disease.

It is a truly disgusting disease. I have my one degenerative Neuro disease so I am all for things that will protect people.

So no concussion. Who'd have thought that trained medical professionals at the scene may have known a bit more than pundits watching from studios or the Twitter outrage mob looking at their TV screens?
After 48 hours of thorough work they have concluded that he hasn't suffered a concussion.

Why the need for that 48 hour assessment? Why the need for an independent neurologist?

Is it perhaps because there's no way to actually diagnose someone in minutes during a pitch side examination as experts in the field have claimed?

The final examination happened to agree with the pitch side assessment. That doesn't mean the pitch side assessment is sufficient to make an informed decision in a situation like this.

After 48 hours of thorough work they have concluded that he hasn't suffered a concussion.

Why the need for that 48 hour assessment? Why the need for an independent neurologist?

Is it perhaps because there's no way to actually diagnose someone in minutes during a pitch side examination as experts in the field have claimed?

The final examination happened to agree with the pitch side assessment. That doesn't mean the pitch side assessment is sufficient to make an informed decision in a situation like this.
Perhaps. Or perhaps not.

I'm not sure that the carrying out of extra tests that revealed nothing majorly different to the initial judgement means that they are needed either.

Perhaps. Or perhaps not.

I'm not sure that the carrying out of extra tests that revealed nothing majorly different to the initial judgement means that they are needed either.
Perhaps or perhaps not doesn't seem sufficient on an issue like this.

You brought up our medical staff as the experts. Actual experts in the actual field are saying that the current procedures are inadequate, that there's a real risk to health and even life.

If knowing that, and seeing Vertonghen collapse as he did makes you think that everything is alright because this time the assessment turned out to be right then we'll just have to disagree.

Perhaps or perhaps not doesn't seem sufficient on an issue like this.

You bought up our medical staff as the experts. Actual experts in the actual field are saying that the current procedures are inadequate, that there's a real risk to health and even life.

If knowing that, and seeing Vertonghen collapse as he did makes you think that everything is alright because this time the assessment turned out to be right then we'll just have to disagree.
Mm, I'm undecided on the issue at moment.

He didn't have a bash on the head though did he?

But he didn't hit his head and there's no confirmation it was concussion. You've got to be evidence not speculation led

Jan leapt into the air and smashed his face into the back of Toby's head [[to the extent that Toby writhed on the floor in pain]] and 0.2 seconds later the keeper punched his head in a different direction, rattling his brain inside his skull.

Jan leapt into the air and smashed his face into the back of Toby's head [[to the extent that Toby writhed on the floor in pain]] and 0.2 seconds later the keeper punched his head in a different direction, rattling his brain inside his skull.
Don't argue with the medical experts who lurk on this forum.

Surely the pitch side assessment is more of a risk assessment to if there IS concussion?
IE if there is, the player is withdrawn, no debate.
But if it's a maybe then the player then the cognitive actions of the player and the medical staff opinion need to make a judgement call.

Because isn't the alternative any head injury= player goes off? Which seems excessive? (I think? Or am I being naive here)

No worse than happens on a fairground ride or driving round a quick chicane. The issue has now been shown to be faintness from blood loss or shock

Alderweireld took a knee to the back, and went down holding it. Their keeper also made minimal contact with Jan, a glancing blow at most.

What game were you watching?

upload_2019-5-3_9-38-52.png

Back