• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t want to see Kane on the pitch until August at the earliest, he won’t be ready, even if the injury is healed, he’d only get injured again and fudge up what is going to be a crucial pre season.

Should probably be having that op to strengthen the ankle as it is clearly weak.

Our insurers would never allow a £200m asset to have experimental surgery with an unregistered nobody (who suggested it)

You might well be right, but we will then have to get used to more and more of these periods where we miss Kane next season.

This will be something that gets shot down by a lot of people but I have always had my own thoughts on subjects. We should look to sell Kane when he is at maximum value so as to have more money to reinvest.

Selling Kane is not something I would do this summer, but next summer or the one after is when I would sell, possibly at the same time Poch leaves for Madrid so that the new manager coming in gets to start with a fresh slate and a massive transfer chest.

You might well be right, but we will then have to get used to more and more of these periods where we miss Kane next season.

This will be something that gets shot down by a lot of people but I have always had my own thoughts on subjects. We should look to sell Kane when he is at maximum value so as to have more money to reinvest.

Selling Kane is not something I would do this summer, but next summer or the one after is when I would sell, possibly at the same time Poch leaves for Madrid so that the new manager coming in gets to start with a fresh slate and a massive transfer chest.

We just need to break the cycle and stop rushing him back.

I watched the press conference and Moura didn't say anything like what is being reported. He said (lots of paraphrasing here) it will be good to have Son back for the second leg and that it would be good to have Kane back soon as well. That was then jumped on when Poch's press conference started as Moura having said that Kane would be back for next week.
Kane won't be back next week.

They will obviously be allusive about it but my gut feeling is he wont play.

I don’t want to see Kane on the pitch until August at the earliest, he won’t be ready, even if the injury is healed, he’d only get injured again and fudge up what is going to be a crucial pre season.

Thats not how this injury works, it is not a muscular injury.

:D

I’m not going to shoot you down, because there is something to the argument that selling Kane would enable us to get say three quality players in key areas. But there’s a reason why Kane would be worth approx 200m the way things are going. He is guaranteed 25-30 league goals a season injuries permitting. So many have claimed we are better with Son, we really aren’t. Son is still patchy, he has never come close to demonstrating Kane’s numbers ONCE let alone consistently. And with Kane’s all round game to supplement this, we would find over the course of a season how much of a miss he really is. We might get by selling him, but I don’t think we’d ever reach the promised land by selling one of the best all round centre forwards in the world.....

I think he made a big mistake in the starting 11, and the tactics. Though Im unsure how much of that is him and how much the players.

I would not have started Llorente, for sure. And I think the 3-5-2 was a mistake, it was obvious minutes into the game.

Though I did suggest that shape earlier in the thread, I saw it more with a packed midfield and false nine, not an Alli/Wanyama midfield and Llorente up front.

Ajax beasted us for 40 minutes and we gave them all the time space and encouragement they could want.

But heres the thing....

They got one goal to show for it. Thats all. They should have had 4 and lacked the edge to take apart an underperforming Spurs side.

Then we got a foothold in the game.

Then we basically nullified them.

Then we started making chances of our own.

Honestly, come the end of the game, I was feeling pretty positive.

I think we know now what they have to offer, and that we can handle it. With Son back and some cutting edge up front, I think we can win in Amsterdam and win well.

Start 4-2-3-1, start with Wanyama/Sissoko in the 2 just stopping anything in midfield. Start with Alli/Eriksen/Son/Moura on the front foot and in spaces they can really perform.

I think this game has shown us what we need to do, and that we can do it.

You needed players like Dele and Eriksen to step up and they failed. They are the ones with the so-called quality that we needed last night. Only attacking player that takes any credit was Lucas, he tried and tried.

Trippier and Rose had no end product. Llorente is just too slow and not mobile enough.

Overall we are lucky we only lost by the 1 goal. We need to massively improve in the second leg to have any chance to progress.

Its just so gutting that we cant play our strongest team in such a BIG game! typical bad luck at a critical time.

We'd better start praying some big lessons have been learned from the last time something like this happened.

Has anyone else lost 4 games and reached a final....even our premiership record 12 games that we've lost and we're third,you can't say gods are looking down at us....crazy lol....

Back