• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T
A couple of observations on Ajax. They are currently level on points at the top of the Dutch league with Eindhoven, the same Eindhoven we played in the group phase. They lost both their home games in the first leg of the previous rounds, which led Real and Juventus to be complacent for the second leg, while they started the games with nothing to lose.
This is more like it. Some sensible reasoning.

Can’t believe I booked a trip for when the champions league semi finals were. Gutted not to be at the Lane. Will be watching in Madrid hoping we can get to Madrid so I can then watch that game from London! Worse than this I move onto Barcelona tomorrow and arrive to a city full of that lot...

A couple of observations on Ajax. They are currently level on points at the top of the Dutch league with Eindhoven, the same Eindhoven we played in the group phase. They lost both their home games in the first leg of the previous rounds, which led Real and Juventus to be complacent for the second leg, while they started the games with nothing to lose.

It is amazing how the hype machine of the modern MSM can exclude context once the accepted narrative is decided on. Ajax is clearly a good team, but that they have been beaten this season (6-2 by Feyenoord). We know that Real Madrid is not the force they once were just by looking at their league form. And we almost defeated Juventus last year, a team that has key players that will not have benefited from being a year older. Maybe, just maybe, Ajax are not the superhumans that the press is portraying them as?

I am more concerned that we are putting out a team shorn of some key players. Hopefully, Ajax believes that hype and we can get a result that gives us a fighting chance in the return leg.

Well that's put a downer on everything

Other than a hope that Sissoko would make the starting 11, that's pretty much as expected isn't it?

fudge me though. Is that Vertonghen lb with Rose cm in a 4-2-3-1 or a back 5 in a 5-3-2?

Gotta hope there's a lot of collective spirit and game raising tonight from our players. Biggest game of some of their lives.

The bench is.....wow.

What was some of you lot expecting the team to be?! Except perhaps hoping Llorente is on the bench. Football works in funny ways, the amount of stick he’s got he could end up getting the winner.....

Danny Rose in central midfield in a Champions League semi final.
Insane.

Someone was suggesting earlier in the thread that we pass it out from the back breaking Ajax's press.
Rose couldn't string two passes together against West Ham. He made Mark Noble look good.

Sat quietly in Florida thinking of the Spurs Brotherhood around the world united in our dream. I hope that we do ourselves proud no matter the result. That,even if it goes wrong, " even in failure there will be an echo of glory" . I love my club and will until the final breath departs my body . COYS!!

Back