• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say, I love Ajax in general, always have - and what they have done this year has been incredible.

I think this should be a great game for the neutral, for sure. And a part of me is just really looking forward to that.

The more Spurs oriented side of me though is bricking it. A win tonight would be incredible, but right now Im more thinking "anything but a loss" and limiting away goals.

Not too confident with our injuries and suspensions. And Ajax are a great side. Aim tonight really should be a clean sheet and hopefully a goal - then we can hit them on the break with Son back in Amsterdam.

It’s a tough task, but then again this team has risen to the occation before, despite all the injuries.

Not too confident with our injuries and suspensions. And Ajax are a great side. Aim tonight really should be a clean sheet and hopefully a goal - then we can hit them on the break with Son back in Amsterdam.

It’s a tough task, but then again this team has risen to the occation before, despite all the injuries.

Are they really that great though? They've had some impressive results for sure and have some very good players.

But let's remember that they are level with PSV at the top of the table and PSV weren't very good in the group. We can beat them.

Are they really that great though? They've had some impressive results for sure and have some very good players.

But let's remember that they are level with PSV at the top of the table and PSV weren't very good in the group. We can beat them.

I absolutely think they are beatable, I just think we are so depleted it will take a hell of a lot to do so tonight.

While they are in a weaker league, and are level with PSG (who I think earned our respect this year), they are also a very good team.

They have balance and poise, talent, focus, and a fit first choice starting 11 :eek:

While they might technically be inferior, in theory, our injury situation and compromised side really is a leveller.

Llorente has shown no ability to do that in the last two games or for most of the season. Sissoko is our best chance of getting through them and not necessarily by passing. Otherwise, we might be best being very solid and inviting them onto us and then hit them at pace with our front 3 similar to what we did to Dortmund last season or in the first half in Manchester. If we're going to do that, I'd have Foyth all day long ahead of Trippier.
Pace? We've got Moura..that's it.

As I said earlier, knowing how to approach this game is a real head scratcher.

Most important is to restrict them to 0 or 1 or 2 goals at most. That keeps us in the game / second leg.

If Vic Dier Siss are fit, we can release Alli to play further forward with Moura. Eriksen supplying throughballs
Two goals at most?! Are you serious? If the QF against City has taught us one thing, it is that 1-0 at home is pure gold - never mind the sillyness at the Etihad. We need another 1-0. I would settle for 0-0 even (although I like Poch's comments that he simply wants to win). But 2-2? No way.

I see the club are overstepping the mark against suggesting to fans how their generate atmosphere

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/april/wear-lilywhite-to-help-make-it-a-glory-glory-night/

"As we look forward to Tuesday night’s huge game and another cracking atmosphere at our new stadium, you can get involved too by wearing something white. The weather forecast is mild ahead of kick-off, so we encourage fans to remove their jackets to make the stadium a sea of Lilywhite and truly make it a night to remember!"

It's a fudging Champions League semi final. We don't need to generate atmosphere.

Welcome to The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, sit down, shut up, and wear white.

Pace? We've got Moura..that's it.

As I said earlier, knowing how to approach this game is a real head scratcher.

In terms of raw pace, you're right, we have Moura and that's it. In terms of moving the ball quickly from back to front intelligently, Alli and Eriksen can do it.

That said, I'm not saying my suggestion is bullet-proof. With injuries and suspensions, we're really struggling and you're right - it's difficult to know what to do. I just think if Llorente is used as an out ball, I have my doubts about his ability to get the ball or hold it up until we get people up supporting him.

Sorry mate:D ... apologies

Maybe do a Brighton...camp in our box ..
We'll look rubbish and limited...keep them to 0-0...they'll think we're a bit brick and we'll smash em in the 2nd leg.?

0-0 would be joyous.

I really think we need to show respect for what they are, and for our limitations at the moment, and work with that.

Instead of getting carried away as the home team and trying to play on the front foot with a hodge podge side, I think we should keep it tight and try to knick it.

If it finishes 0-0 that suits me just fine, we go to theirs for a one off decider and the advantage of away goals being in our favour.

My concern is Ajax pressing game when we inevitably attempt to play the ball from the back, with Wanyama and Sissoko most likely in the team. Kicking the ball is an alternative but pointless with Eriksen Ali and Moura as front 3 (most likely) so it would be like giving possession away majority of the time.
I guess I'll prepare myself for us to sit back and look to hit them on the counter with extremely limited amount of pace. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Back