• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

edited for GoT spoiler -- apologies

I don't know enough about the Night King to know why he personally had to go and execute Jack Wheelchair. If I knew that, maybe it'd make more sense.

The Night King is a guy who is so important to his people that, if he gets killed, it's all over for them. So why not just send a thousand minions to knock over the kid in the wheelchair, if the whole thing was to kill him? He had about a dozen people guarding him. Made no sense for the Night King to expose himself in any way at all, he can command his army by waving his hand around slowly. Send that badass dragon to do it.

And then the other team has 2 dragons. So leave one at the castle to set all the enemy on fire and have the other one pugged away to deal with the bad dragon when he pops up. They know that people who die can become part of the army of the dead, right? So why send all those soldiers at the start charging into them, knowing that when they die, they can then come back as part of the enemy's army? Jon Snow's tactics and team selection leave a lot to be desired.

In the early stages of the show, it seemed that people made smarter decisions, or at least there were more consequences to their stupid ones. The last couple of series, not so much. Visually it's good, but as a story, meh. Started off well (I guess they had the book to go on then) but I suppose they are just wrapping it up now. I'll still be watching coz I want to know how it ends.

Last edited:
Apart from sport and Grand designs and gardeners world I cant watch tv. I try, I sit down with the wife and my son and it is nice to be with them but I just cant watch anything they like, i end up staring in a trance or falling asleep.

I spend time talking with you idiots about football and other crap, also doing a bit of wood work in the garage trying to build a shuffleboard.

Can someone recommend a tv show for me, my favourite of the last few years was the detectorists.

I don't know enough about the Night King to know why he personally had to go and execute Jack Wheelchair. If I knew that, maybe it'd make more sense.

The Night King is a guy who is so important to his people that, if he gets killed, it's all over for them. So why not just send a thousand minions to knock over the kid in the wheelchair, if the whole thing was to kill him? He had about a dozen people guarding him. Made no sense for the Night King to expose himself in any way at all, he can command his army by waving his hand around slowly. Send that badass dragon to do it.

And then the other team has 2 dragons. So leave one at the castle to set all the enemy on fire and have the other one pugged away to deal with the bad dragon when he pops up. They know that people who die can become part of the army of the dead, right? So why send all those soldiers at the start charging into them, knowing that when they die, they can then come back as part of the enemy's army? Jon Snow's tactics and team selection leave a lot to be desired.

In the early stages of the show, it seemed that people made smarter decisions, or at least there were more consequences to their stupid ones. The last couple of series, not so much. Visually it's good, but as a story, meh. Started off well (I guess they had the book to go on then) but I suppose they are just wrapping it up now. I'll still be watching coz I want to know how it ends.
I would suggest you should view it for what it is. No need to over analyse it. And @NaijaSpurs is right, use the spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Apart from sport and Grand designs and gardeners world I cant watch tv. I try, I sit down with the wife and my son and it is nice to be with them but I just cant watch anything they like, i end up staring in a trance or falling asleep.

I spend time talking with you idiots about football and other crap, also doing a bit of wood work in the garage trying to build a shuffleboard.

Can someone recommend a tv show for me, my favourite of the last few years was the detectorists.
Sort of the same in my house. I can't watch the brick they watch and end up sitting in my office on the computer (watching other brick). It is mostly football or films, or when I get tinkled youtube music vids that I've seen a hundred times but give me comfort. If I don't watch something then my mind gets too dark thinking of climate change. Winter is coming (or it could be Summer).

Last edited:
Sort of the same in my house. I can't watch the brick they watch and end up sitting in my office on the computer (watching other brick). It is mostly football or films, or when I get tinkled youtube music vids that I've seen a hundred times but give me comfort. If I don't watch something then my mind gets too dark thinking of climate change. Winter is coming (or it could be Summer).

I have had narcos season 3 on my list on netflix for months as I enjoyed the first two seasons, just can not be arsed to watch it.

I currently have babestation on in my den, while I have several pages on my laptop open on freetrade(stock trading website) betfair(checking for tomorrow night) and the RHS website checking how to get rid of black fly from my cherry trees. And of course this site, nothing seems to hold my attention for long, except football, that I can watch for hours.

It’s almost too obvious though, isn’t it? She might as well carry a big sign saying VILLAIN! with her at all times.

Less obvious than Hastings being banged up an episode early haha.

The other rumour doignt he rounds which kinda makes sense due to the nice house and lack of sub movement is Fleming being H.....

if you liked Toby Jones in the Detectorists he's in a new comedy on BBC2,Don't forget the driver,seen the first couple of episodes,very dry comedy some dark undertones to it as well.....

The other rumour doing the rounds which kinda makes sense ...

The trouble with lots of TV / Film nowadays is they lead you down one path, then another and then BLAMMO they reveal it was the mild mannered character from Episode 1 that you'd forgotten.

Genius (not).

Feels like they just write any script up until the final episode, then pick some random character like the wife / love interest / retarded brother / ex girlfriend / random associate and then force the plot to work.

Back