• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2018/19

Southampton v Tottenham

Tottenham will have to do without manager Mauricio Pochettino on the touchline because he starts his ban, but I don't think it will matter too much against his old club.

Spurs got a great result against Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday, especially after they had dropped a few points in the Premier League in recent weeks.

Southampton played well at Old Trafford last weekend, but it ended in a glorious defeat at the hands of Manchester United.

The problem for Saints is that, despite a very good performance, it was a defeat.

They have only won one of their past six games - with that victory coming against Fulham - and I can't see them ending that run this weekend.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Liverpool v Tottenham (16:30 BST)

People are still saying that Liverpool are not playing particularly well but they have not lost any of their past 10 league games and they are in a very good position.

It doesn't really matter how well they play now anyway, because winning is all that matters for Jurgen Klopp's side.

There is always the chance that Spurs will throw a spanner in the works of course, and last season they nicked a point at Anfield with a controversial last-gasp penalty.

Tottenham's away form is still the second-best in the Premier League, even after losing their previous three games on the road, and of course they are dangerous.

But Liverpool's eyes are on the prize now. They know how big this game is, and I think they will get the result they need.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Tottenham v Huddersfield (12:30 BST)

Huddersfield get to play in Tottenham's new ground before they go down, but how long will it be before they return?

Not a lot has changed for the Terriers since their relegation was confirmed on 30 March. They lost heavily against Leicester last week and they could well face a similar scoreline in north London.

Spurs have to cope without the injured Harry Kane and I am not sure whether Fernando Llorente will get the nod up front or if they will push Dele Alli further forward.

I don't think Kane's absence will make much difference to the outcome of this game, but Spurs cannot afford to take their eye off the ball and look ahead to the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final against City on Wednesday.

Tottenham have got a lot of work to do to secure a top-four place and this is a situation where they should pick their best team, get the game won - and then they can take their foot off the pedal.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham (12:30 BST)

Surely City won't be as open in this game as they were on Wednesday night - they cannot afford to invite any more chaos this time.

With Harry Kane out injured, City must have known Spurs would want to play on the break with pace so I did not understand why Fernandinho did not start, because his game is all about protecting their back two or back four.

City have got enough players who can go and win them the game without being so gung-ho about it, and I thought they missed the Brazilian midfielder in that crazy opening spell when Son Heung-min scored twice.

So I would expect Fernandinho to start on Saturday and, if he is patrolling those deep midfield areas, I think City will control the game this time far better than they did in midweek.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham (12:30 BST)

Surely City won't be as open in this game as they were on Wednesday night - they cannot afford to invite any more chaos this time.

With Harry Kane out injured, City must have known Spurs would want to play on the break with pace so I did not understand why Fernandinho did not start, because his game is all about protecting their back two or back four.

City have got enough players who can go and win them the game without being so gung-ho about it, and I thought they missed the Brazilian midfielder in that crazy opening spell when Son Heung-min scored twice.

So I would expect Fernandinho to start on Saturday and, if he is patrolling those deep midfield areas, I think City will control the game this time far better than they did in midweek.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Shocked he never mentioned Liverpool.

Tottenham v West Ham (12:30 BST)

Tottenham left it very late against Brighton on Tuesday but that win - and other results for the teams just below them - has put them in a strong position to finish in the top four.

There is still work for them to do, though. Like Liverpool, Mauricio Pochettino's side also have a Champions League semi-final to think about - against Ajax on Tuesday - but they have to pick a strong line-up here.

West Ham carry a threat but they are very inconsistent, and I think Spurs will get the three points they need.

Tottenham v West Ham (12:30 BST)

Tottenham left it very late against Brighton on Tuesday but that win - and other results for the teams just below them - has put them in a strong position to finish in the top four.

There is still work for them to do, though. Like Liverpool, Mauricio Pochettino's side also have a Champions League semi-final to think about - against Ajax on Tuesday - but they have to pick a strong line-up here.

West Ham carry a threat but they are very inconsistent, and I think Spurs will get the three points they need.

Gearing up for the 'Liverpool were aiming for CL victory, league would have been a bonus' narrative.

D5URm_gXkAAH05j

D5UYSuKW4AAUpI3

Bournemouth v Tottenham (12:30 BST)

It will be interesting to see how Tottenham go into this game. They are 1-0 down in their Champions League semi-final against Ajax, with an away leg to come on Wednesday, and they are also one win away from securing a top-four finish to get back in the competition next year.

All of the teams chasing third and fourth have been all over the place in recent weeks, including Spurs who lost at home to West Ham last time out.

Drop any more points here and things could get a bit jittery for Mauricio Pochettino's side, who host Everton in their final league game of the season.

But I actually think they will do all right against Bournemouth - the Cherries always concede a lot of goals and an open game will suit Spurs, who will have Son Heung-min back after his European suspension.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Tottenham v Everton

Tottenham are virtually certain of finishing in the top four, and of course they are also in this season's Champions League final after their own astonishing comeback against Ajax.

Spurs will be on such a high after their triumph in Amsterdam, and I would like to think Mauricio Pochettino will play a strong team on Sunday because their date with Liverpool in Madrid is still three weeks away.

I am sure some of the Everton fans at this game will be wishing Spurs luck against the Reds, and the Tottenham team will obviously get a heck of a send-off from their own supporters too.

l am expecting Everton to go out and play, because there is not much point them sitting in, and I actually think this will be an entertaining game.

Even if they lose this weekend, Toffees boss Marco Silva can be encouraged by the way his side have ended their campaign. I think he knows his best team now, and where he needs to strengthen.

Lawro - 'You can never write Spurs off'

It is hugely important for Liverpool that they have something to show for such a fantastic season, and this is obviously their last chance.

They deserve something - there is no bias in me saying that either, because they have been absolutely outstanding.

In last year's final, Liverpool faced Real Madrid, who had won the competition in three of the previous four seasons. this time they are playing Tottenham. No disrespect to Spurs, but Liverpool need to be winning this game.

We all know what Real were all about, they were serial winners and a team full of players experienced on this stage and in stopping opponents in different ways. Spurs are a dangerous side, with some brilliant players, but playing them does not seem such a daunting prospect.

I don't think the result makes any difference to Liverpool going forward, because I think they will still attract top players because of their manager, because they are in the Champions League and because they can pay the wages. Players look at Liverpool now and go: 'Wow, what a good team to play for.'

But it would stop people hitting Jurgen Klopp with the stick that he has been in charge of Liverpool since October 2015 and has not won anything yet.

People say the same about Mauricio Pochettino too, but what he has achieved in five years as Spurs boss is also very impressive. The only difference with Klopp's situation is that maybe Spurs need him to win a trophy with them to stop him from clearing off.

If Tottenham win in Madrid, then he will be able to go to chairman Daniel Levy and make some serious demands to strengthen his squad.

Like Liverpool, of course they will think they can win this game, because they have some extremely good players and their journey to the final has been an incredible story.

Spurs were on the brink of going out in the group stage, had to get past Emirates Marketing Project in the quarter-finals and fought back against Ajax too.

They have lost lots of games this season - 19 compared to seven by Liverpool - but Pochettino has got them to this final, and it does not really matter how they did it. The way they have performed in adversity means that however they start Saturday's final, you just cannot write them off.

Lawro - 'Liverpool are favourites, but only slightly'

Harry Kane has not played since he was injured in the first leg of Tottenham's win over City in the quarter-finals on 9 April. If he is available, surely he will only start on the bench.

To be honest, that is not the blow it might have been in the past. Playing with Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min through the middle has a good look about it for Tottenham's attack.

Those two are both absolutely rapid and, if they play, then they are definitely going to cause Liverpool problems on the counter-attack.

I know Liverpool have beaten them home and away in the Premier League this season but Spurs were very good in the second half at Anfield at the end of March - in fact, they were the better team.

We know Pochettino has got match-winners right through his team and they are so solid at the back too, whether they play with two centre-halves or three.

Everyone is saying Liverpool are favourites to win, but they can only be slight favourites.

I do think if Klopp's side are on it then they have got too much for Spurs, because the front three carry such a scoring threat and the width from their full-backs means you would think they will create enough chances to win.

I also believe Liverpool will be in a better place mentally for their experience in last year's final. They will know what it feels like when they walk away after losing a huge game like that and it will be something else driving them on to make sure there is a different outcome this time.

So, by hook or by crook, I think Liverpool will win - although it will be extremely close.

But, whoever wins, it will be a fantastic story and it is great for English football that we have had four teams in the two European finals. The rest of Europe will be thinking: 'They are not going away.'

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool

Back