• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Irrespective of injuries, his contribution has very rarely been consistently to the standard we need and he's now had 6 years to deliver. Great attitude, works hard etc but doesnt hurt oppositions enough even when he is fit. I'd sell him in a heart-beat, however I bet we price him too highly and he's still at Spurs next season

He won’t be priced any other way. The Levy bargain basement bin has been as empty as our trophy cabinet over the last few years.

Irrespective of injuries, his contribution has very rarely been consistently to the standard we need and he's now had 6 years to deliver. Great attitude, works hard etc but doesnt hurt oppositions enough even when he is fit. I'd sell him in a heart-beat, however I bet we price him too highly and he's still at Spurs next season
6 bloody years.....that's a long time for any player...and he's contributed very little in comparison.

I like Lamela’s attitude and was overjoyed at his MotM performance when we beat Leicester 5-4 :cool:

But even so I must concede that his repeated injuries since the surgery mean that he’s just deadweight in the squad nowadays and sadly he needs a move to a club where the intensity of training & playing is going to put less strain on his injury prone body.

To think that he’s played less than half the minutes of Eriksen over the 6 seasons since they both signed for us :oops:

33D93F69-F2C7-4D9D-85BB-B9BDE883EEB2.jpeg

Someone will take him off our hands. Barca signed Paulinho ffs!

Don’t think we will get £30m for him though.

He started off on fire this season, shame his form reverted to type and injuries derailed him yet again.

Hate to say I’m at the same stage without thinking he’s a terrific player. A lot of flashes of the player I thought we bought but, ultimately, he’s flattered to deceive or spent his time on the treatment table. Shame.
I think he is very technically gifted, moves the ball quickly and effectively, works hard and is well schooled in the dark arts.. I will never forget his walk over Fabregas's hand. Unfortunately he is made of paper which means he could never be the rotation we needed for Eriksen. The stat above in @SteveAWOL's post just demonstrates what a depressing waste of talent his time here has been.

I think he is very technically gifted, moves the ball quickly and effectively, works hard and is well schooled in the dark arts.. I will never forget his walk over Fabregas's hand. Unfortunately he is made of paper which means he could never be the rotation we needed for Eriksen. The stat above in @SteveAWOL's post just demonstrates what a depressing waste of talent his time here has been.

The stamp on Fabregas was wonderful as was the dirty tackle on him last season. The winding up of Wheelchair was glorious. I also always trust Lamela to score in a shoot out. He has a good mentality and balls of steel. He has talent too. But his body has betrayed him and it’s now getting to the point where we’ve got to cut him loose. Would rather have Zaha at this point.

I think the fact that people remember his dirtier moments rather than say goals he scored kind of speaks volumes. He hasn't scored enough goals ultimately.

Completely lost my patience with the injuries. I know it's not his fault but he needs to be moved on.

We already don't have enough useful attacking players in the squad, he and a few others need to be moved on for players who can stay fit and be useful.

His attitude/workrate has always been a big part of his value to squad.

Like others, there starts to be a point where a player simply needs to be available, and perhaps a change of scenery will help (Poch has mentioned they need to ask him to train differently because he has the same all out approach in training, probably contributes to his injuries).

Our problem over last season and a half has been having Lamela, Dembele & Wanyama (plus this year's Dier), 4 spots in the roster that rarely has 1 available, it has strained the squad.

I think the fact that people remember his dirtier moments rather than say goals he scored kind of speaks volumes. He hasn't scored enough goals ultimately.

He scored six goals in around ten games at the start of this season, plus three assists. He was on great form. I get that you've never liked or rated him, but some credit where it's due.

I also understand fans frustrations with his injuries, but he is a valuable squad member when fit, effort and tenacity aside.

It will be a sad day if we sell him, but like many I'm starting to become resigned to the prospect. Hope he can get his body right one last time.

He scored six goals in around ten games at the start of this season, plus three assists. He was on great form. I get that you've never liked or rated him, but some credit where it's due.

I also understand fans frustrations with his injuries, but he is a valuable squad member when fit, effort and tenacity aside.

It will be a sad day if we sell him, but like many I'm starting to become resigned to the prospect. Hope he can get his body right one last time.
Missed an absolute sitter vs City at Wembley which summed him up for me. Reverted to type after a purple patch at the beginning of the season.

Needs replacing.

Missed an absolute sitter vs City at Wembley which summed him up for me. Reverted to type after a purple patch at the beginning of the season.

Needs replacing.

Sorry, but that was not an absolute sitter, a first time shot from outside the box with keeper and defenders in the way.
If that's a sitter then Harry, son, Eriksen and dele miss them every week.
This kind of thing twinkles me off, repeat it often enough and it becomes fact.
It's up there with Hugo and near post, Trippier can't cross, Eriksen can't tackle, Harry is to greedy and dele is a show pony.
It's time to move him on, but because of injuries, nothing else.

Sorry, but that was not an absolute sitter, a first time shot from outside the box with keeper and defenders in the way.
It's up there with Hugo and near post, Trippier can't cross, Eriksen can't tackle, Harry is to greedy and dele is a show pony.
Fair enough. It isn't just that example though. His goal and assist record is poor in comparison to other top forwards.

Overall he is a good player and has played a key role as a squad player over the last five or so years. He's great at carrying the ball, excellent at pressing, good dribbler, good short passer, but has never been able to run a game like Eriksen or score goals like Son (or even Lucas/Alli).

I do like him but if we are serious about challenging for the title, there is no room for sentimentality, and he isn't good enough. Injuries only strengthen the point.

And the ball bobbled in the shocking pitch
He should have hit the target though

Back