• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

When Shaq was asked about Arsenal's top 4 chances:

giphy.gif

I used to think that Leicester fans were clams and inexplicably hated us. Turns out that they're just a bunch of trolls.

Wait till we or another proper football club sign Tielemens from under their noses.

I appreciate I spelt his name and wont bother spelling it correctly till we sign him, which I rather hope we do.

Wait till we or another proper football club sign Tielemens from under their noses.

I appreciate I spelt his name and wont bother spelling it correctly till we sign him, which I rather hope we do.

He was a huge player for the team when I signed for Real Madrid after four glorious seasons at Spurs on FIFA. Always knew he was destined for big things after that.

I think Emery has done pretty well, considering how integral Wenger was to their system they’ve not taken a backward step as United did.

I expected them to be a mid table shambles this season.

Im 50/50 on him.

On one hand, taking over after a manager has been there 25 years and is completely ingrained in everything at the club, and not dropping like a stone is a job well done indeed.

On the other, I think only a couple of his buys have worked and he could have done a lot better than he has.

Though it is obvious a lot of work is required, in both recruitment and play, I think he has done ok - no more.

Im 50/50 on him.

On one hand, taking over after a manager has been there 25 years and is completely ingrained in everything at the club, and not dropping like a stone is a job well done indeed.

On the other, I think only a couple of his buys have worked and he could have done a lot better than he has.

Though it is obvious a lot of work is required, in both recruitment and play, I think he has done ok - no more.

He's getting a free pass as if he's done a great job. Like you, I'm unconvinced. To finish below 6th, he'd had to have had an awful season. The gap between 6th and 7th has been pretty big for a while.

He's done okay. They've looked good at times, they've looked like the worst of Wenger's Arsenal at times. Next season will tell a lot. Just because he brings in his own players doesn't mean he'll necessarily kick on. The jury is well and truly out on him for me.

He's getting a free pass as if he's done a great job. Like you, I'm unconvinced. To finish below 6th, he'd had to have had an awful season. The gap between 6th and 7th has been pretty big for a while.

He's done okay. They've looked good at times, they've looked like the worst of Wenger's Arsenal at times. Next season will tell a lot. Just because he brings in his own players doesn't mean he'll necessarily kick on. The jury is well and truly out on him for me.

Aubameyang Lacazette and Ozil (when he can be bothered) is a good enough front line to carry them through most games.

Arguably one of the best in the league, and certainly enough to beat anyone below them even with their terrible midfield and defence.

Thats basically it, IMO. The team isnt good enough to compete with the better teams, but that front line makes the difference against the lesser.

Their away form is shocking though, and is certainly a strike against him.

Aubameyang Lacazette and Ozil (when he can be bothered) is a good enough front line to carry them through most games.

Arguably one of the best in the league, and certainly enough to beat anyone below them even with their terrible midfield and defence.

Thats basically it, IMO. The team isnt good enough to compete with the better teams, but that front line makes the difference against the lesser.

Their away form is shocking though, and is certainly a strike against him.
Think someone was saying, one year he won the UEFA cup with Seville they didn't win an away game in LaLiga.

The thing I'd ask, is would Wenger have taken this lot lower than the Europa League places? I think the answer is no. So all Emery has really done is match Wenger, he's not getting them playing better than the sum of their parts. As Nayim said, they have a good forward line and a sh1te defence (midfield I'd say can be decent, more so when Ramsey plays) so they average out to a Europa League level team imo.

Their season hinges on whether they win the Europa. If they do, then it's been a good season, if they don't then it's a par season. Emery will need more time to bring in his own players and get rid of some deadwood, but will he get the backing? Stan Kroenke seems to not really give a sh1t, just happy to have a London Premier League club that generates good match-day revenue and has that Premier League TV money and location keeping them a valuable asset. He doesn't seem to be looking for them to go up a level from what they are.

Plus their finances for a re-build don't look good.

That includes selling players to raise funds as no-one can afford Ozil, and loads of others are basically poo.

Back